New NFL Trend - Adding QB Rushing and Passing TD’s together?

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I quote from OP:

"Ironically, I’ve seen very few people credit Josh Allen with 25 TD’s and 8 INT’s"  

I agree.......wins are what matters.......the idea that the kind of QB play that Tyrod or Allen have put up ultimately prevents the team from going deep into the playoffs was and is bullish*t.    But if you were one of those nervously hoping for "elite/franchise" QB verification you aren't going to get it this year.    The hope at this point should be to get thru this regular season and then either have the defense dominate in the playoffs or have Allen put up a SB Flacco-like post season or both.     

As I used to say when the Bills were scoring in bunches in 2016 and people were bitching about the lack of passing stats.........how are you going to throw for TD's and pass for yardage when you've already run the ball into the end zone?

It's not a game of "21"........your possessions alternate.   Last night the Bills had 13 and the Steelers had 12.  You aren't going to get 5 more possessions than the opponent so any way you can score is good.

I accept your apology.

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Are we really still talking about Tyrod? Still pining for Jackson?

"Still" pining for Jackson?  He emerged as a superstar like 12 weeks ago not 12 years ago.    I'd have to say it's still kind of a fresh topic.  :lol:

That is reminiscent of people last year being upset that others were STILL talking about the decision to pass on Mahomes and wondering when discussion of that old as dino-***** topic would end. :doh:

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

"Still" pining for Jackson?  He emerged as a superstar like 12 weeks ago not 12 years ago.    I'd have to say it's still kind of a fresh topic.  :lol:

That is reminiscent of people last year being upset that others were STILL talking about the decision to pass on Mahomes and wondering when discussion of that old as dino-***** topic would end. :doh:

Yes, "still." As in he was drafted by the Ravens nearly two years ago now. Time to get over it. Not the first QB that's been good that we've passed on. Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Russell Wilson? Nick Foles? Kirk Cousins? I mean, we've passed on a ***** ton of QBs over the years.

35 minutes ago, Luka said:

Yes, "still." As in he was drafted by the Ravens nearly two years ago now. Time to get over it. Not the first QB that's been good that we've passed on. Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Russell Wilson? Nick Foles? Kirk Cousins? I mean, we've passed on a ***** ton of QBs over the years.

There is a very tangible difference between Mahomes/Jackson and those situations.

The Bills literally traded away the first round pick used to select Mahomes in real time.

And they literally chose a different first round QB over Jackson.........who was also a legit first round prospect.

Those other guys were cases where the Bills didn't even have a pick in that round(Rodgers) or they were guys not selected in round 1 so not necessarily respected as high end talents by other teams either.

Now I was probably the only person on TSW who had Tre White as the top CB in that draft and I am a fan of Allen and the pick and I think for a number of reasons Allen was the right pick for Buffalo(some which would not make for civil discussion).

But it's ridiculous to think that the path not taken isn't a huge storyline to be followed for many years.    Mahomes and Jackson should have long careers and they are already putting up league MVP numbers so Allen has a lot of work to do to get in the conversation as worthy of passing on those two.    It won't be good for us if he ends up as the Ken O'Brien of that combined two classes but the nice thing is time is on our side and I personally like Allen a lot so I'm optimistic.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, Nanker said:

Can’t wait to play the birds in the AFC Championship Game in 2020.

If they're 1 seed and we're 5... It would more like than not be divisional round, no? Unless the 6 upsets the 4... Which means steelers/titans, etc would have to beat the chiefs. 

Edited by warrior9

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You could argue that QB's are paid even more to put the ball where it's easy to catch and create YAC.    Josh was awful in that regard last night.   You aren't going to distance yourself from the Trubisky's in the court of public opinion if you play like that when you get night games where the talking heads actually watch you play.    That said.........Trent Dilfer won a SB in 2000 with 59% completion and 6.6 yards per attempt which are exactly the same as Allen this year.........and Peyton Manning won a SB in a season where he threw 9 TD and 17 interceptions.........I don't care what his stats are if he wins a SB.   

QB's are paid to get the ball to where their receivers have a chance to make a reception.  When you're making split second decisions and have to worry about 300# guys trying to kill you, you can't always throw perfect passes.  I've seen many QB's throw imperfect ones that their WR's make a play on, and I've also seen what happened to Josh last night. 

The fact is that Beasley has been a disappointment with his untimely drops this year and I doubt it gets better the further he passes the 30 year old mark.  Frankly I wish the Bills had gone after Adam Humphries considering he's younger and got paid the same.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Beyond 2022? 

You'd hope to see big improvements next season and a lot better playmakers around him.... if not I wouldn't be shocked to see some serious competition for the starting job in 2021.

I'm just guessing at when his rookie deal is up. Why let go of a cheap QB? Especially one that has experience and can win games? Maybe it's 2021. At any rate does it matter if I said 2022 or 2021?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But it's ridiculous to think that the path not taken isn't a huge storyline to be followed for many years.    Mahomes and Jackson should have long careers and they are already putting up league MVP numbers so Allen has a lot of work to do to get in the conversation as worthy of passing on those two.    It won't be good for us if he ends up as the Ken O'Brien of that combined two classes but the nice thing is time is on our side and I personally like Allen a lot so I'm optimistic.

Mahomes will be Marino. 

Allen will be either Kelly or Elway.

Not really a good comp for Jackson.