The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Does the Senate have the authority to reject House managers?  My assumption would be that they do, thought I haven’t researched yet.

My understanding is that the entire process falls within the Senate’s purview at this point, House managers included.

right. and as such, they can say that schifty has to testify.

16 hours ago, GG said:

Why didn't the House insist on his testimony?   It's their job. 

PS, why did the House introduce this evidence now and not part of their proceedings?  If you are a lawyer, what would this say about your abilities?

Rhino can't answer my questions, and you (part of the herd) are heading off on other tangents, as predicted. Rhino runs away while screaming, but note he answered none of my questions to him. I'll try again, in light of what Parnas said yesterday:

Trump said he doesn't know who Parnas is. Parnas spoke in detail of his interactions with Trump, Trump's attorney, Pence, Pompeo, Nunes, etc,. As we all know, no one has a better memory than Trump, because he told us so. They have met one-on-one and in small groups on multiple occasions. This means that Trump's mind is jello or he's lying. There is no 3rd option.

Perhaps the biggest question is why so many people continue to believe all of the lies, or at least pretend to.  I can only conclude that some of you are stupid and some are evil. Some are clearly both.

Maybe Rhino can call me an asshat for the umpteenth time (no creativity) or post a Twiitter comment from a nobody in response, because that is all he ever does.

Yeah, I only drop by here once in a while because how much of this can you look at without becoming despondent about the future of America. Every once in a while I check in to see the idiocy out of curiosity. It's always the same. Rhino preaches and the stupid go "Yeah, what he said". At least Rhino tries by posting comments by morons on Twitter. The rest of you just stand behind him and yell nonsense. Rhino preaches. The congregation screams Amen. 

I know I should feel sorry for Rhino because a person who spends his entire life trying to gain respect on a political sub-topic of an NFL fan board is pitiful, but ignoring evil and stupidity is dangerous, because evil and stupidity has often won throughout history. I also know that I will change no one's mind here. Stupid and evil people don't magically become smart and good.

In closing, here are two of my favorite quotes:

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart  —you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?, but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians  are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us”. – President Donald J. Trump

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron". - H. L. Mencken

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I am not a Genesee drinker but for the sake of Bills fans everywhere this is bad advice.

I am not worried as he is not going anyplace anyways.  As far as beer drinkers go just be aware that more than one deer, fox, etc. peed into the Genesee River  any given day.  Just like any above ground creek or river so you run the same risk with Coors or Iron City beer.  

As to our caloric challenged "friend" I think he has been sampling the best corn squeeze'ns that there is in Cattaraugus County such as that is.  Just go to a farmer's silo after the corn goes in and bottle the drain'ns.  Reputedly a bit on the rough side as it brings on temporary blindness and visions of bliss.  Not a wonder that the poor fools think that it is not cold out.

Edited by RochesterRob

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Rhino can't answer my questions, and you (part of the herd) are heading off on other tangents, as predicted. Rhino runs away while screaming, but note he answered none of my questions to him. I'll try again, in light of what Parnas said yesterday:

Trump said he doesn't know who Parnas is. Parnas spoke in detail of his interactions with Trump, Trump's attorney, Pence, Pompeo, Nunes, etc,. As we all know, no one has a better memory than Trump, because he told us so. They have met one-on-one and in small groups on multiple occasions. This means that Trump's mind is jello or he's lying. There is no 3rd option.

Perhaps the biggest question is why so many people continue to believe all of the lies, or at least pretend to.  I can only conclude that some of you are stupid and some are evil. Some are clearly both.

Maybe Rhino can call me an asshat for the umpteenth time (no creativity) or post a Twiitter comment from a nobody in response, because that is all he ever does.

Yeah, I only drop by here once in a while because how much of this can you look at without becoming despondent about the future of America. Every once in a while I check in to see the idiocy out of curiosity. It's always the same. Rhino preaches and the stupid go "Yeah, what he said". At least Rhino tries by posting comments by morons on Twitter. The rest of you just stand behind him and yell nonsense. Rhino preaches. The congregation screams Amen. 

I know I should feel sorry for Rhino because a person who spends his entire life trying to gain respect on a political sub-topic of an NFL fan board is pitiful, but ignoring evil and stupidity is dangerous, because evil and stupidity has often won throughout history. I also know that I will change no one's mind here. Stupid and evil people don't magically become smart and good.

In closing, here are two of my favorite quotes:

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart  —you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?, but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians  are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us”. – President Donald J. Trump

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron". - H. L. Mencken

In other words, you can't answer why all this info was dumped on the eve of articles being transmitted to Senate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

In other words, you can't answer why all this info was dumped on the eve of articles being transmitted to Senate.

So, you're not disputing anything I wrote. You don't like when it came out. Weak, even by Rhino standards. Did you have the same issue when Wikileaks was dumped? 

If you recall, I asked questions that remain unanswered.

I'll address your questions after mine are answered.

I've already written twice in this thread that your side deflects instead of answering. Thanks for the reinforcement.

Just now, Kemp said:

So, you're not disputing anything I wrote. You don't like when it came out. Weak, even by Rhino standards. Did you have the same issue when Wikileaks was dumped? 

If you recall, I asked questions that remain unanswered.

I'll address your questions after mine are answered.

I've already written twice in this thread that your side deflects instead of answering. Thanks for the reinforcement.

I don't get involved in random tangents.   You were asked a basic question in this thread, like you've been asked basic questions in other threads.  You always choose to run away.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

I don't get involved in random tangents.   You were asked a basic question in this thread, like you've been asked basic questions in other threads.  You always choose to run away.

I'm here.

Your memory is like Trump's. I asked some questions before anyone asked me any. True or not?

At least Rhino tries.

Just to be a good sport and to further paint you in the corner, I will address your issue. Then, when you still don't answer my question, it will be obvious to the even more dimwitted here, not that you or anyone else will admit it.

The reason all of this came out now is because Parnas's attorney offered it up, now. I have no doubt it's to help Parnas. That's the way it always works. The lower-level criminal, when caught, gives up the guy higher up in the criminal conspiracy. The Dems couldn't have gone after it before they had it.

Wasn't that already obvious to you?

Your turn to answer my question.

I'm joking. Everyone knows you can't. 

• Like (+1) 1

mitch-mcconnell-smiling_from-video.jpg

Brace for (more) Democrat head explosions! Mitch McConnell’s NOT buying what Pelosi, Schiff & Nadler are trying to sell

As it turns out, Ken Starr wasn’t close to being the only person to see a tremendous contradiction in the Dem spin on the articles of impeachment. Rep. Jerrold Nadler said there’s “overwhelming evidence,” and with that in mind, Mitch McConnell sees some inconsistencies from the Democrats:

But the Democrats are still trying to control the process, and McConnell doesn’t seem open to the idea:

These two things cannot both be true. Is House Democrats’ case so “overwhelming” that it was enough to impeach a president? Or is their case so weak and incomplete that they need the Senate to redo it? They can’t even stick to one story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not addressed because it's a nonsense point / piece of evidence. One any rational person, not one afflicted with acute TDS can see immediately. 

Raise a serious point, with an honest desire to discuss it, and you'll get me conversing all day long. 

You tried to doxx me -- because I was discussing now proven facts with you. 

That's why I'm hostile to you. And you deserve every bit of it. Because you tried to doxx me by pointing out my own Twitter page as evidence (which only proved your own ignorance) :lol: 

If he was major, the House should have subpoenaed him. That's their job, not the Senate. 

You're literally here spinning the same nonsense for proven liars and manipulators who lied to your face for three years about Trump/Russia. Instead of questioning these people's motives, you blindly believe the very next lie they throw your way. 

Why?

I don't deny anything of the sort. I deny the illegality of it. 

There is no crime here. None. 

Because there is nothing to this impeachment sham. Not a single crime. Nothing but politics. 

And the House ***** up. It's not the Senate's job to re-do the House's work. 

Things you'd know if you weren't suffering from extreme TDS mixed with weapons grade stupidity. 

This is nonsense. 

Hot garbage. A terrible take. 

We have the presumption of innocence in this country. And the House did not prove anything close to guilt. They didn't even accuse Trump of a crime. 

You're being lied to. Again. And you're too stupid to question it because you'd rather keep believing the words of people who lied to you your whole life. Not just about Trump/Russia, but about illegal spying, about WMD in Iraq... 

All you're doing is proving how completely addled your brain actually is. 

All answered. 

Now your turn: Why do you believe Adam Schiff or the media when they are proven liars about Trump/Russia? 

@Kemp — I did answer you. Every question. Then you ran — now are back lying about it. 

Why?

Because you’re a coward who tries to doxx people because they share information you disagree with. Know what that makes you other than an asshat? A fascist hypocrite. 

***** off. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I am not worried as he is not going anyplace anyways.  As far as beer drinkers go just be aware that more than one deer, fox, etc. peed into the Genesee River  any given day.  Just like any above ground creek or river so you run the same risk with Coors or Iron City beer.  

Bear Whizz Beer- It's in the beer. that's why its yellow!

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Foxx said:

did you have an issue when Wikileaks dumped Dem materials?

@Kemp is a deeply stupid person. 

He got every bit of Trump/Russia wrong. He, of course, provided no analysis of the scandal himself instead he just rushed down here to parrot talking points from his news and information sources. All of which have been proven to be entirely wrong. He spent three years believing in, and pushing, a conspiracy theory about Trump working with Russia to steal the election and dictate policy. 

Then, when that entire narrative was proven to be false, fiction, nonsense -- what does Kemp do? He immediately latches onto the next narrative pushed by the same proven liars and manipulators who misled him for three plus years. They had him pointing the finger at the victim, rather than at the group of people who were actually threatening the rule of law and the continued existence of our constitutional republic. A smart person, or an independent thinker, would have stepped back and reassessed his information consumption first. A smart person would hold the liars accountable, at least on a personal/consumption level. 

But @Kemp is not a smart person. He's a deeply stupid person. 

Thus he RUSHED to believe the very next lie they pushed. Not stopping to think, "hey, this is the exact same playbook they just got caught lying about". Not just the same playbook, but the same play, designed by the very same people. 

That's how deeply stupid @Kemp is. 

And he deserves every bit of ignorance he's continually displaying down here. Every bit of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

GOP Lawmakers Slam Pelosi's Golden Pens, But Ted Cruz Had the Best Response  d43a86cf-0b16-4386-9bed-2555e6ac079d.png

Despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s insistence that impeachment was a “somber” and "sad" event, her signing of the articles of impeachment Wednesday showed how serious she was about her past claims. 

As Beth reported, even CNN commentators called her out over the optics of her smiling, taking photographs, and handing out pens delivered on silver platters. 

"I thought that was a little jarring and certainly, I think, off message," said CNN’s senior political reporter Nia-Malika.

Republican lawmakers agreed. 

Rep. Jody Hice said the speaker's "'engrossment ceremony' proves that she cares more about politics than truth." 

-Glee
-Laughter
-Pictures
-Souvenir pens
-A Ceremony

This is how “serious, sad, and somber” Democrats are when sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

Pelosi’s 'engrossment ceremony' proves that she cares more about politics than truth.@POTUS will be acquitted. https://t.co/P5lVxFTyjq

— Rep. Jody Hice (@CongressmanHice) January 16, 2020

But Sen. Ted Cruz had the best response

Oldy but a goody:

shiffobstruct-600x450.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1