Go on the record: The concern-o-meter!

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

see, I don't believe in hope. but I do believe in chance. I agree, they will face challenges ahead but I see a team that is becoming more confident in themselves, even on the road and with every win or loss, comes growth.

therefore, they do have a chance to win and to me, the spectrum of the one  side as yourself, which really are few, or that of the over confident side of the spectrum to me both are quite unrealistic even when throwing out stats  and such to try and prove their point.

chance my friend, that's how I go in to a season or game, never over confident they win and certainly never confident they lose.

enjoy the games, only 5 regular season games to go. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them, win, or lose...

I don't think 1-4, or 2-3 over the next 5 games is "unrealistic", I think those finishes are very realistic and the most likely based on what we have seen so far this season. Expecting anything more than 2 wins down the stretch is getting into the hope category. It's also likely they don't just win the two "obvious" game" against the Steelers and Jets, because the NFL does not usually work that way.  They likely beat one of the "good" teams, and lose to one of the lesser teams.

25 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

just curious, as I have never experienced such a feeling toward my team, confident, they lose. the game(s), I'm sure you've already marked on the calendar. do you go in to the game like, well, I don't really know if I'm up for the slaughter, so much more I could do then watch a game, I'm so confident they lose?

I don't know, I'm kind of weird that way to wonder what goes through the mind of some football fans such as yourself.

now, does that mean I don the rose colored glasses and go in to every game confident they win. hell to the no, but I sure keep my fingers crossed with maybe the chance they could win? I do know crossing my fingers is irrelevant to the game but it is a week to week season and well, anything can happen.

confidence in your team losing, interesting.

I know I was being technical but you have to factor all the phases of the rebuild which is in the 11th month of their 3rd year.

:thumbsup:

I think that dude is just here to troll man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m around a 6 for being concerned...because a big thing that separates the good teams from the pretenders is scoring before the ends of regulation in the two minute drill...after seeing that embarrassing display right before the half on Sunday I’m worried that, between McD’s lack of clock management and JA’s lack of awareness (calling the last TO after spiking the ball), it will not be enough to compete with the big boys...because that’s when games are won and lost against the good teams.

hopefully they can figure it out in 3 days...

22 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

Not sure how it's much different from fans who are confident their team will win games.  My confidence comes from their performance to date vs teams with higher levels of talent than the teams they have been beating. In fact, if someone is confident that the Bills will beat the Pats, Ravens or Cowboys I'd attribute that more towards hope than fact based confidence.

Im not "confident" in many games, but it's funny you list the Cowboys who are 6-4 and haven't beaten a single team with a winning record.

3 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

I don't think 1-4, or 2-3 over the next 5 games is "unrealistic", I think those finishes are very realistic and the most likely based on what we have seen so far this season. Expecting anything more than 2 wins down the stretch is getting into the hope category. It's also likely they don't just win the two "obvious" game" against the Steelers and Jets, because the NFL does not usually work that way.  They likely beat one of the "good" teams, and lose to one of the lesser teams.

again, chance. no one can change chance, it could happen, they could win out. that too, is what one may claim as unrealistic. what is real, is there are 5 games to go and as fans, they may have their individual feeling on the outcome of games but you can bet your bottom dollar there isn't a player that goes in to a game, confident they lose.  

at the end of the day, none of us know the outcome with certainty, that's why we watch the games.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

again, chance. no one can change chance, it could happen, they could win out. that too, is what one may claim as unrealistic. what is real, is there are 5 games to go and as fans, they may have their individual feeling on the outcome of games but you can bet your bottom dollar there isn't a player that goes in to a game, confident they lose.  

at the end of the day, none of us know the outcome with certainty, that's why we watch the games.

I agree with both of those, but for me part of being a fan is having strong opinions, if I did not, or could not, I'd probably not be interested in the sport. 

30 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

Not sure how it's much different from fans who are confident their team will win games.  My confidence comes from their performance to date vs teams with higher levels of talent than the teams they have been beating. In fact, if someone is confident that the Bills will beat the Pats, Ravens or Cowboys I'd attribute that more towards hope than fact based confidence.

Fail-O-Meter.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RoboTronic said:

Cowboys are 6-5, and they have more talent than the Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins, yadda.

Ok its funny you list the 6-5 Cowboys who haven't beaten a single team with a winning record.  I'll have to look again but I don't think they have even beaten a .500 team. 

Talent doesn't always mean everything.  There are a lot of teams over the years that have had a lot of talent but did nothing with it.  Coaching matters.  Having talent in the right positions matters.  Having a locker room like ours along with talent instead of a bunch of ego heads just looking to get paid matters. 

Guess what... this team has talent too.  It may not be the flashy talent that puts up singular stats but it is talent none the less.  Brown is talented.  Beasley is talented.  Singletary is talented. Gore may be over the hill but is still talented.  Josh is talented he just needs to continue learning.  Our Oline is becoming one of the better lines in the league.  Our D has a ton of talent.

Yeah we don't have a lot of singular flashy names but our TEAM as a whole is getting more talented by the week.  Id rather have a bunch of talented players then a couple superstars.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok its funny you list the 6-5 Cowboys who haven't beaten a single team with a winning record.  I'll have to look again but I don't think they have even beaten a .500 team. 

Talent doesn't always mean everything.  There are a lot of teams over the years that have had a lot of talent but did nothing with it.  Coaching matters.  Having talent in the right positions matters.  Having a locker room like ours along with talent instead of a bunch of ego heads just looking to get paid matters. 

Guess what... this team has talent too.  It may not be the flashy talent that puts up singular stats but it is talent none the less.  Brown is talented.  Beasley is talented.  Singletary is talented. Gore may be over the hill but is still talented.  Josh is talented he just needs to continue learning.  Our Oline is becoming one of the better lines in the league.  Our D has a ton of talent.

Yeah we don't have a lot of singular flashy names but our TEAM as a whole is getting more talented by the week.  Id rather have a bunch of talented players then a couple superstars.

I very much disagree with this.  Talent is increased by adding more talented players via roster moves and drafting, something that doesn't happen at this point in the season unless you strike gold with a practice squad player.

3 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

I very much disagree with this.  Talent is increased by adding more talented players via roster moves and drafting, something that doesn't happen at this point in the season unless you strike gold with a practice squad player.

ok.   What I mean is that the players are getting better the more they play.  Its not like you draft or pick up players and they are already at their ceiling.  Talent level of an individual isn't something you can really put a measure on.

6 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

Or you know, 9 new players on the offense start to solidify what they are doing each snap and each play that is designed but sure.  Teams don't get better (more talented) after playing more games together.

I'm not sure what we are talking about being concerned about...

Am I concerned with the Bills finishing the season with a winning record? No

Am I concerned that they might only win 1 or 2 of the rest of their games this year? Sure am.

Yes, you can only play who is on your schedule. But I'd like to see the Bills win 3 of the next 5 for me to feel they have a good chance to move on in the playoffs.