Go on the record: The concern-o-meter!

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this is year 3 (17, 18, 19) of the Beane/McD regime/rebuild.  both he and Beane got here in 2017.

I do agree however that they should show real signs of a contender next season. still a couple players away as well as they will have this seasons growth and experience to continue to build on.

They got here in 2017.....but we took the major cap crap sandwich last year.....which I feel was the brunt of the rebiuld.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OK, we all know that people around here just love to cling to their concern, so I've invented a method of measuring the pulse of TSW posters' concern.

Behold: THE CONCERN-O-METER!

Now's your chance to go on the record and let free your demons of concern by listing in this thread for all to see your concern level going into the last five games of the year! Without further ado, I ask you this:

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Genghis Khan and 10 is a doddering old woman afraid of everything she sees on her day filled with Cable TV news, how concerned are you about the final 5 games of this season?

My biggest concern is my bet to win the AFCE is in peril. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

My biggest concern is my bet to win the AFCE is in peril. 

Freaking Eagles and Cowboys completely useless.

I hate New England. I hate being in their division.

They've NEARLY eclipsed my eternal hatred of Miami.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Freaking Eagles and Cowboys completely useless.

I hate New England. I hate being in their division.

They've NEARLY eclipsed my eternal hatred of Miami.

And they are doing it with Brady playing like pure crap. Can't the guy just break something already?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

Hmm, concern is not the word.  I'm confident that the Bills will lose at least 3 of the next 5.

just curious, as I have never experienced such a feeling toward my team, confident, they lose. the game(s), I'm sure you've already marked on the calendar. do you go in to the game like, well, I don't really know if I'm up for the slaughter, so much more I could do then watch a game, I'm so confident they lose?

I don't know, I'm kind of weird that way to wonder what goes through the mind of some football fans such as yourself.

now, does that mean I don the rose colored glasses and go in to every game confident they win. hell to the no, but I sure keep my fingers crossed with maybe the chance they could win? I do know crossing my fingers is irrelevant to the game but it is a week to week season and well, anything can happen.

confidence in your team losing, interesting.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They got here in 2017.....but we took the major cap crap sandwich last year.....which I feel was the brunt of the rebiuld.

I know I was being technical but you have to factor all the phases of the rebuild which is in the 11th month of their 3rd year.

:thumbsup:

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

5.... you are 10 min drive from home, you feel the urge to head to the pot and maybe even turtle heading it a bit.... but you do kegels daily for this exact situation and so, while it may be uncomfortable, you still are able to keep your composure down the home stretch.

"I'm prairie dogging it here, dad!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Today, about a 1.  This game is the best game for them to lose because it means nothing in the AFC. 

That being said, I'm sure I'll be around an 8 on turkey day. 

Getting this win will just give everyone in a view of what we have and I would love to have them crush Dallas on national tv. 

Eff the concerns.

We, as a fan base , have been waiting for this chance for DECADES.

One game at a time, no one is taking us seriously which is just where we want em.  
My biggest wish: Beat NE and win the East.

Still on the table?

Second biggest wish: Whoop that Cowboy Arse and make a whole bunch of people eat Crow and not Turkey.

Third: Destroy Pittsburgh 

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

just curious, as I have never experienced such a feeling toward my team, confident, they lose. the game(s), I'm sure you've already marked on the calendar. do you go in to the game like, well, I don't really know if I'm up for the slaughter, so much more I could do then watch a game, I'm so confident they lose?

I don't know, I'm kind of weird that way to wonder what goes through the mind of some football fans such as yourself.

now, does that mean I don the rose colored glasses and go in to every game confident they win. hell to the no, but I sure keep my fingers crossed with maybe the chance they could win? I do know crossing my fingers is irrelevant to the game but it is a week to week season and well, anything can happen.

confidence in your team losing, interesting.

Not sure how it's much different from fans who are confident their team will win games.  My confidence comes from their performance to date vs teams with higher levels of talent than the teams they have been beating. In fact, if someone is confident that the Bills will beat the Pats, Ravens or Cowboys I'd attribute that more towards hope than fact based confidence.

I’d say around a 3. I’d say we would have to win at least 2 more to be in for sure. As much as I want to beat the holy living crap out of the cow patties that’s one we can afford to lose since it’s non conference and the Ravens since I’d say they won their division. We must beat the Steelers though to avoid tie breaker scenarios. 

1 minute ago, RoboTronic said:

Not sure how it's much different from fans who are confident their team will win games.  My confidence comes from their performance to date vs teams with higher levels of talent than the teams they have been beating. In fact, if someone is confident that the Bills will beat the Pats, Ravens or Cowboys I'd attribute that more towards hope than fact based confidence.

see, I don't believe in hope. but I do believe in chance. I agree, they will face challenges ahead but I see a team that is becoming more confident in themselves, even on the road and with every win or loss, comes growth.

therefore, they do have a chance to win and to me, the spectrum of the one  side as yourself, which really are few, or that of the over confident side of the spectrum to me both are quite unrealistic even when throwing out stats  and such to try and prove their point.

chance my friend, that's how I go in to a season or game, never over confident they win and certainly never confident they lose.

enjoy the games, only 5 regular season games to go. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them, win, or lose...

• Awesome! (+1) 1