Josh Allen on pace to become the second QB in franchise history with 30 or more total TDs

Through 11 games Allen has 15 passing TDs, to go with 7 rushing TDs.  Not hard to figure out that if he keeps up this pace he'll finish with 32 total TDs. 

I believe the franchise record is 34 by Jim Kelly in 1991 (33 passing, 1 rushing).  It is the only time Kelly did it.  The thing is in checking this out it is the only time any Bills QB has been at 30 or over TDs.  Unless I am missing something it hasn't ever happened, before or since.  Even in Ferguson, Bledsoe and I think Fitzy years of 24 or so TD passes (there was a 25 in there, too), I don't believe any of them had 5-6 rushing TDs in a season to get to 30.

I know this is just an individual player stat, and not necessarily a so sexy one as it includes rushing TDs, but still I just really found it kind of interesting.  Even with some hick-ups he should really hit 30.  On the other side of it I don't think it is crazy to think he has chance at possibly tying or even surpassing Kelly, albeit that would be a lot, but hey it would mean nice things for the way these last 5 games play out.  Not bad for a second season.

Go Allen, Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

That one rushing TD agains Miami was amazing. I remember going bananas watching it.

7 rushing TD’s is a lot. Didn’t Brady get a bunch of QB sneak TD’s years ago?

Speaking of rushing, Allen’s best run for me yesterday came on the 3 down play where he took off after there was nobody open. Those are the runs I’d like to see more of and less of the designed QB runs.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cam Newton I believe had 35 total TD's in his MVP season.

Royale is that a comparison or just anecdotal?

Honestly asking, my friend.  Just curious.

EDIT:  Forgive me, brother.  I see what you are saying.  Very nice!

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We are going to be drunk before Thursday with all the beers I am handing out to you guys.

:beer:

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cam Newton I believe had 35 total TD's in his MVP season.

45 total, 35 passing and 10 rushing

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

:beer:

45 total, 35 passing and 10 rushing

I loved watching him during that season.

May I just add something:  on the lead up to this game on Thursday I am so hopefully that I believe I have the optimism of my 12 year old self.

...I was pretty positive little dude at 12.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I loved watching him during that season.

May I just add something:  on the lead up to this game on Thursday I am so hopefully that I believe I have the optimism of my 12 year old self.

...I was pretty positive little dude at 12.

Daboll going up in the booth has been seemingly what he needed, while Josh being told to go out there and be himself has unleashed the beast. We win this game on Thursday, on the road, on national TV, and the Nancy's will conveniently be out Black Friday shopping. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Through 11 games Allen has 15 passing TDs, to go with 7 rushing TDs.  Not hard to figure out that if he keeps up this pace he'll finish with 32 total TDs. 

I believe the franchise record is 34 by Jim Kelly in 1991 (33 passing, 1 rushing...oh boy all of us of a certain age remember that one rushing TD against the Dolphins).  It is the only time Kelly did it.  The thing is in checking this out it is the only time any Bills QB has been at 30 or over TDs.  Unless I am missing something it hasn't ever happened, before or since.  Even in Ferguson, Bledsoe and I think Fitzy years of 24 or so TD passes (there was a 25 in there, too), I don't believe any of them had 5-6 rushing TDs in a season to get to 30.

Go Allen, Go Bills!

Agree, Josh is something to be excited about...but not to be an a-hole, but I think the TD run you are thinking of against Miami was in the 1989 season opener, Jimbo heaving his way into the end-zone as time expired.   

Edited by Buftex
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Agree, Josh is something to be excited about...but not to be an a-hole, but I think the TD run you are thinking of against Miami was in the 1989 season opener, Jimbo heaving his way into the end-zone as time expired.   

My apologies, as then that Miami TD must have been in 89.

32 minutes ago, row_33 said:

we will take that as a complement, not a heck of a lot of competition there...

The first 8 games of Drew Bledsoe's Buffalo career were pretty fantastic (maybe better than any like stretch than Kelly ever had)....but the last 2.5 seasons, not so much!

54 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My apologies, as then that Miami TD must have been in 89.

Being the obsessive compulsive that I am, Kelly's one rushing TD of 1991 came against the Packers.

• Thank you (+1) 1