Do you have children?

John Adams

Do you have children?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have children?

• Yes
    • No

On 12/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, John Adams said:

I am inclined to think it's higher than 1/3 of the most vocal posters here don't have kids.

It is good to have a safe place for childless white dudes. 

You're probably inclined to think that way because you're a sexist, racist, bigot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, that's the point I was making before, if we develop cheaper better energy we will be more competitive and the others will have to

follow. Glad we agree on getting change done 

We are developing cleaner energy and it is becoming less expensive.  Solar getting cheaper.  Nuclear is very cheap and can be safe.  Traditional fired production has and can get cheaper and cleaner.  CO2 disposal and reclamation/re-use technology is being developed and improved.  All of this takes time and research and money to develop but if you were to plot the progress that has been made over the past few decades and explore what might be coming in the next couple decades, many nations including the U.S. are on a good trajectory toward further reducing both pollutants and carbon emissions.  The left though and the leftist media don't want to acknowledge any of this. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Racists gonna racist. 

38 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

How did this thread take a turn towards race? 

I also mentioned posters' sex and I was trying to map out the general demographic here. It's mostly white males, and a large % of those are childless. White men tend to vote a certain way and it's an election year so it seemed interesting to ask how many besides the many I already know (many who didn't post yet in this thread), are childless. Childless white men may vote a certain way and have certain beliefs. 

Nothing is wrong with it at all. I'm a white dude too. 

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

I also mentioned posters' sex and I was trying to map out the general demographic here. It's mostly white males, and a large % of those are childless. White men tend to vote a certain way and it's an election year so it seemed interesting to ask how many besides the many I already know (many who didn't post yet in this thread), are childless. Childless white men may vote a certain way and have certain beliefs. 

Although many here would be surprised the way this childless white male has usually voted.

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

We are developing cleaner energy and it is becoming less expensive.  Solar getting cheaper.  Nuclear is very cheap and can be safe.  Traditional fired production has and can get cheaper and cleaner.  CO2 disposal and reclamation/re-use technology is being developed and improved.  All of this takes time and research and money to develop but if you were to plot the progress that has been made over the past few decades and explore what might be coming in the next couple decades, many nations including the U.S. are on a good trajectory toward further reducing both pollutants and carbon emissions.  The left though and the leftist media don't want to acknowledge any of this. 

The US is on the right path for sure (except that we ignore nuk-u-lar, which is idiotic). What I'd like to see is us to work with other countries to get them on board. Walking away from a bad treaty is fine, but then lead the way to a new one. 

Trump tears down so far. In some ways that's great. But he hasn't shown the ability to lead. 

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Although many here would be surprised the way this childless white male has usually voted.

I've never seen stats on childless voting. You're nucking futs though so I throw your data out. 

My stereotype of childless males is a guy who posts 8000 posts a day on an Internet website and will corner you at a party in a conversation vortex about a band (Rush amiright)/conspiracy (definitely about "the man")/hobby (medieval handmade dart champion) that 3 people know about but that means the world to him. Hmm. I wrote that as a joke but then it does seem to capture you. Tom, can you tell me anything about the state of the German Navy circa 1938-39 and what they were developing? 

Edited by John Adams

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

This is disingenuous B.S.

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

I've never seen stats on childless voting. You're nucking futs though so I throw your data out. 

My stereotype of childless males is a guy who posts 8000 a day on an Internet website and will corner you at a party in a conversation vortex about a band (Rush amiright)/conspiracy (definitely about "the man")/hobby (medieval handmade dart champion) that 3 people know about but that means the world to him. Hmm. I wrote that as a joke but then it does seem to capture you. Tom, can you tell me anything about the state of the German Navy circa 1938-39 and what they were developing? 

See -- I'm right.

This entire thread is just a vehicle for you to call people out based on your manufactured notions.

Eff off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, snafu said:

See -- I'm right.

This entire thread is just a vehicle for you to call people out based on your manufactured notions.

Eff off.

I've been calling Tom crazy for longer than you've been alive. Relax Captain Ahab. He's not crazy because he doesn't have kids. He's just crazy, no need to qualify why. And I don't think people who don't have kids are crazy either. That's a personal decision people make for a million reasons, none of which I question. No one is obligated to have children. 

But here it turns out we have many, and I wondered if it influenced their voting choices. No one really seems to think it does. 

This and similar spaces provide a good haven for like-minded and maybe even like-demographic-ed posters. 

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's all he's capable of writing. He's a clown, along with all his alts.

Hey buddy, always glad to know you're reading my posts. Anything good on Twitter today?

Edited by John Adams

15 minutes ago, John Adams said:

But here it turns out we have many, and I wondered if it influenced their voting choices. No one really seems to think it does. 

Actually, about 60% of men in the U.S. are fathers.

Just about in line with your disingenuous poll and your B.S. reading of the results.  You obviously don't care about the results or how the demographics of this Board relate to the general populace. 

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/P70-162.pdf

You can say whatever you want while backpedaling, but I stand by my assertion that you're being perfidious. 

20 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Relax Captain Ahab.

You're not my white whale.  Don't flatter yourself into thinking you're important.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Can we please delete the text in replying to John Adams?

this person is on ignore for good reasons, such as racist posts on this page

"Racist." Awesome-sauce dipping into the very thing you say the left throws out easily. 

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

Just about in line with your disingenuous poll and your B.S. reading of the results.  You obviously don't care about the results or how the demographics of this Board relate to the general populace. 

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/P70-162.pdf

That's interesting, and takes into account "men" starting at age 15. By age 40 it's sub 25%. Still higher than I would have guessed. Thanks for that. 

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

You're not my white whale.  Don't flatter yourself into thinking you're important.

I do not believe that I'm the focus of your obsession. I don't know you or your posts beyond those in this thread but you seem to feel you know me so happy hunting Captain.  

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

My stereotype of childless males is a guy who posts 8000 a day on an Internet website and will corner you at a party in a conversation vortex about a band (Rush amiright)/conspiracy (definitely about "the man")/hobby (medieval handmade dart champion) that 3 people know about but that means the world to him. Hmm. I wrote that as a joke but then it does seem to capture you. Tom, can you tell me anything about the state of the German Navy circa 1938-39 and what they were developing? 

Well, in 1938 the Kriegsmarine ("German Navy."  :rolleyes:) had just finished trials on Scharnhorst, and brought her back into the builder's yard to replace the vertical stem with the "Atlantic Bow" of greater flare and sheer.  Little known fact: the battlecruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau were actually better-armored ships than the Bismarck - Bismarck and Tirpitz were little more than enlarged Baden-class battleships with an obsolete armor plan.  In fact, the battleships were badly flawed, as piping and venting for the boilers ran over the armored deck, meaning the ships could be easily disabled with non-penetrating hits.  In their defense, though, they didn't have the benefit of 20 years of post-WWI research that the British, Americans, and Japanese did, and as a modernized WWI dreadnought design Bismarck was undoubtedly impressive.

But really, you didn't have to ask.  I was ready to admit, before I finished the second line of your post, that my cell phone ringtone is the intro to Rush's "Limelight," which of course is only the fourth-best song off Moving Pictures...  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm gonna grab another beer aka disappear now. So great talking to you. Here chat with KRC about Dream Theater and the Providence Steam Rollers. 

Poontang magnets activated! No better way to impress the ladies than when I talk about how much Subdivisions meant to me. 

Edited by John Adams

5 hours ago, snafu said:

You can say whatever you want while backpedaling, but I stand by my assertion that you're being perfidious. 

But, are those 60% internet losers who spend most of their waking hours in a chat forum spewing conspiracy theories? No wonder plenty here don’t have kids, they probably have never touched a woman. 

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

DC, can you please stop quoting that racist John Adams on here?

just delete his comments when you reply 

No. 

Come on, the above wouldn't be a tenth as funny if I didn't quote him to show how well he had me pegged.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No. 

Come on, the above wouldn't be a tenth as funny if I didn't quote him to show how well he had me pegged.

Please, spare us the details. I always figured that he was inclined that way but never suspected that about you. You have the wrong PPP to be posting in. Might you be looking for Perverts, Pedophiles and Peggers?