Do you act bi-polar on game day?

Bubba Gump

For a few years after the glory years I would get mad at the world when they lost.  Now I just shrug. 

However, when they win I am more enthusiastic about watching other games and highlight shows. When they lose, I tend to avoid football media for a while so that the loss isn’t rubbed in as much. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

I am lucky because I work from home on Monday mornings when Bills play (3/4/5AM) and can carry on downstairs when we are losing or the stream drops out.

When we lose badly, I find it hard to watch any other games that week. My friends troll me about the losses and it takes a toll.

When we win, all is good. Definitely a rollercoaster.

The timezone difference here is definately a hindrance. Especially with daylight savings now. Only get to halftime now before I have to leave for work.

I'm the same I avoid social media after a loss because Facebook and this board are usually in total meltdown.

4 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Worked with a couple guys who were bi-polar.

It was sad seeing what they would go through.

I could never make light of that term.   ?

Yea I have a member of my time who has it. People presume (and I did before I managed him) that it is most dangerous when they feel a bit low or depressed but it is actually the opposite. I have to get worried about him if he gets too excited or too happy because it can turn into mania for him pretty quickly and he just loses control. He is a fantastic guy though and has done a lot to raise awareness of mental health in the organisation. A proper hero. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

No need to ask. Just read the Board Monday through Saturday, then follow the Gamethread on Sunday. ?

But isn't that the point of the gameday thread? I think a lot of people take that thread too seriously. I say this every season. That thread is supposed to be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

The timezone difference here is definately a hindrance. Especially with daylight savings now. Only get to halftime now before I have to leave for work.

I'm the same I avoid social media after a loss because Facebook and this board are usually in total meltdown.

I work for a US company, and they allow me to work from home on Monday mornings as my job is done remotely anyway. If i have a Thursday night meeting, ill work from home Friday/Monday :)

My old boss made me come in, so i followed on the train into work or just off the NFL app.

Bi- polar disorder is a manic depression and is a serious mental health issue not to be joked about.

Many people suffer from this debilitating disease 

OP, could you use a different phrase? Like over-react or lack of self control or something along those line. 

Bi-Polar depression is not temporary. 

Edited by Kiva