The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Consensus?  If you are waiting for a Congressional consensus on anything, as you say in this political climate, you are going to wait forever.  There is a lockstep backing of Trump by Repubs, regardless of Trump's actions.

I meant wrong in the sense of was it right or wrong, morally or ethically?  You can answer your own question as to right or wrong, but not mine?  Interesting.  How bout using that level of wrong in answering my question?

I seriously doubt that many posters here would desert Trump  even in the face of him being a proven Russian puppet.  Why?  Well of course they are so dug in that many are incapable of admitting they were wrong.  The chief reason though is that, and I wish to stress this point,

ANYONE CRITICAL OF TRUMP IS IMMEDIATELY DISCREDITED BY TRUMP SUPPORTERS. 

We see that exact thing happen time and again.  This makes it reasonable to assume any and all allegations against Trump are dismissed as fake news.

I’ve been nothing but respectful toward you and interpret your posts as I believe you intend them.  I can interpret my own post and intent because I wrote it, but I believe your initial post was poorly framed as I do not know what “wrong” you were referring to. I think part of your problem was you personalized it by making it about Trump, you referenced wrong and impeachable in the same sentence, and clarity was an issue. 

I think you’re wrong on the freedom loving Americans down here, and as for consensus in Congress I agree, but I was speaking not as a partisan but from a position of pure objectivity on impeachment.   

Have a blessed day my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

No.

It's called breaking the law.

You can't extort a foreign government to investigate your political opponents.

That's illegal. 

You can make it your foreign policy to not have high-level meetings with heads of states who refuse to investigate corruption, however.  

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Black Ledger

Chalupa

Downer

Dearlove

Misfud

... But those are fine, right?

So it's okay he broke the law now, because you think someone else broke the law previously?

Or do you just not care about the law anymore?

You can't have it both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

You can extort someone with a meeting? Thats new to me lol

No, but you can make the meeting a quid pro quo on someone doing something else that supports your foreign policy.  

And QUID PRO QUOS ARE NOT ILLEGAL.  That's how foreign policy is done.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, jrober38 said:

So it's okay he broke the law now, because you think someone else broke the law previously?

Or do you just not care about the law anymore?

You can't have it both ways. 

I'm not trying to have it both ways. I'm pointing out that YOU are. 

You're just too much of NPC to realize it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

No, but you can make the meeting a quid pro quo on someone doing something else that supports your foreign policy.  

And QUID PRO QUOS ARE NOT ILLEGAL.  That's how foreign policy is done.  

They are illegal when you trade something to benefit your political campaign domestically. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not trying to have it both ways. I'm pointing out that YOU are. 

You're just too much of NPC to realize it.

I'm not asking to have anything both ways. I think that any crimes committed in 2015 and 2016 by Democrats should be prosecuted. 

You're the one who has yet to say that Trump should be prosecuted for committing crimes. 

You're trying to have it both ways. You want the Dems to be punished, but have never once said the Trump admin has done anything wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

They are illegal when you trade something to benefit your political campaign domestically. 

So... if a guy runs on fighting corruption -- and makes a corruption investigation request of an ally (with whom we have a treaty with on this precise thing), that's suddenly illegal because it helps him fulfill a campaign promise? 

Put it another way: President X runs on fighting climate change. He then trades a white house visit with China in exchange for them cutting carbon output by 10%. Per you, that would be illegal. 

See how ***** stupid you sound?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

everything that a person does with the GOP or R in their byline is illegal and satanic

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'm not asking to have anything both ways. I think that any crimes committed in 2015 and 2016 by Democrats should be prosecuted. 

And yet, in the same breath you REFUSE to look into any of the events of that period, claiming it's just a conspiracy theory. 

So... You ARE trying to have it both ways. 

And your head is imploding because your NPC programming is running up against your own hypocrisy.

• Haha (+1) 1

So... if a guy runs on fighting corruption -- and makes a corruption investigation request of an ally (with whom we have a treaty with on this precise thing), that's suddenly illegal because it helps him fulfill a campaign promise? 

Put it another way: President X runs on fighting climate change. He then trades a white house visit with China in exchange for them cutting carbon output by 10%. Per you, that would be illegal. 

See how ***** stupid you sound?

He wont, but the rest of us do (well not GarBoTibs)

• Like (+1) 1

And yet, in the same breath you REFUSE to look into any of the events of that period, claiming it's just a conspiracy theory. 

And your head is imploding because your NPC programming is running up against your own hypocrisy.

wish they would get a life or open their mind to the sunbeams of truth that keep pounding at their skulls

both would be ideal

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm fine to look at whatever needs looking at.

Maybe the Republicans should have looked at this when they had the power for two full years. 

In the meantime, the President has committed crimes.

Lock him up. 

• Like (+1) 1