My spirit loudly sings

The holy ones, behold they come

I hear the sound of wings

Oh come angel band

Come and around me stand

Bear me away on your snow white wings

To my immortal home

301677[/snapback]

Very sad. You and your family are in our prayers....

Rock, how did you know that this is what I want them to play at MY service???

thanks everyone for the thought and prayers...it means a great deal...message board or not, this place really takes on a family like feel after a bit...it'll be tough, but i can get through it with the help of friends and the Good Lord above...thanks everyone...

Speaking as a dad, I hope you take some small measure of solace in this - whether or not it was in your dad's nature to express it to you, there is nothing in a parent's life that brings as much joy and pride as children, and what sacrifices may be necessary pale in comparison. Your life contributed to fulfillment of his, and your good deeds will continue to reflect well upon him.

301647[/snapback]

Well put.

Sorry to hear this Ramius. My father passed away on Jan. 16th, 2002 of the same type of Lymphoma after a ten year battle with it. He was a very young 78 at the time, a wonderful father and husband, and I still think of him daily. Parents are the one unconditional source of love in all our lives, and there is no way to be prepared for their loss even if it has been anticipated for some time. I miss just being able to share the simple things, like talking about the Bills, or just being able to share a hug. My dad just made everything in my life better. There is no way to tell someone how such a loss feels until you unfortunately have to experience it with your own family. The pain from the loss will eventually get better,but we can never forget the love they added to our lives. My prayers are with you, and I hope to see you in th chat room some time this year during the upcoming season. Hang in there, do the best you can, and remember, he will always be a part of you.

I feel for you and sort of know what you're going through. My wife was diagnosed last year with ovarian cancer stage 3. It was a rough year for the family and thankfully she has made it through with surgery and treatments, but the specter of recurrence hangs over us daily. How I hope to God that someday soon there will be an end to this dreaded disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with you buddy.

You are going to miss him, Ramius. I lost my Dad to cancer (also a fighter) last May, and I still feel he's with me. Great book for a few months from now is called _Swallowed By a Snake_. It helped me immensely in the past year.

Peace...

Astro

hey i havent been around much recently, and wont be too much for the neext week or so...my Dad finally gave in to T-cell lymphoma...

True to his form, he went down fighting...damn i am gonna miss him...

rest is peace dad...i'll see you on the flip-side...

301245[/snapback]

God bless you sir....I am often very deeply touched by the type of people on this board....and I know you must trust people very much here to pour your heart out. many many many prayers to you....and many many blessings..

So until you meet your dad again in heaven...be strong for him and you your family

Tcali

Its taken me a little while to get on here to post, so Ramius, buddy, you know anything you need let me know and I'm there for you. If this requires me wearing a bills jersey and singing that blasted song at the top of my lungs, so be it. Anything you need bud, let me know. thoughts and prayers have been heading in that direction for some time now, and will continue to do so.

From what I know of your Dad, and what I know of you, I know there's a booth up in heaven where your Dad and the Pope are sitting having chicken wings and he's teaching the pope the greatness of Jim Kelly.

RIP.