Dallas could lose out on Cooper?

Virgil

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I never know what to think about this guy.... where does he rank among the top receivers in the NFL? 

He's a legit WR1 but still behind a bunch of guys ...Hopkins, OBJ, Julio, Thielen, Evans, Thomas, Green, Hill, Allen are all ahead of him IMO.

In any case, I would rather we draft a WR with a big catch radius like Julio and sticky hands like Hopkins if we can get one at around pick 20 (yeah I'm not asking for much).

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Are you discounting Adams talent level because of Rodgers??? Dude’s 26 and he’s possibly the best WR TD threat in the league and can run every route. He’s improved every year in the league as well and posted 111 receptions for 1386 yards and 13 TDs last year in 15 games. I get that he only caught 75  passes and 10 TDs with DeShone Keizer throwing him the ball, but damn... please explain how that guy isn’t top tier.  

Adams is great, I just like some of these other guys better.

5 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

He's a legit WR1 but still behind a bunch of guys ...Hopkins, OBJ, Julio, Thielen, Evans, Thomas, Green, Hill, Allen are all ahead of him IMO.

In any case, I would rather we draft a WR with a big catch radius like Julio and sticky hands like Hopkins if we can get one at around pick 20 (yeah I'm not asking for much).

Or would you rather grab a sure thing like Cooper, and then use that pick on a RT, DE, or OLB which is also a need.  

I’d like to see them grab 2 needs in FA and draft the rest.  Our luck drafting receivers has not been great. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Adams is great, I just like some of these other guys better.

Fair enough. I definitely feel differently, especially since a few of the receivers you listed earlier haven’t exactly put up the same numbers against top defenses. I have Julio and Evans on top. With Adams in the tier directly behind. OBJ hasn’t been quite the same since his knee injury, and while QB play could be responsible I expected more over the past two seasons. Kupp IMO hasn’t posted the numbers to qualify yet... no 80+ reception season, hasn’t broken the 1,000 yard mark, never more than 6 TDs.... Woods on the other hand has broken two of those yard markers. Kupp is like a more physically gifted Edelman to me... excellent player, but impossible to tell how much of his upper end is talent or system. He’s on track to hit the next level this year though. 

One of the main reasons I’m on the Cooper train is his overall physical size.  Many of the players listed a shorter, speed guys.  I think we need someone who’s big and can straighten up out muscle a defender.   Cooper has that and speed.  

He would compliment Brown and Beasley very well in my opinion.  Someone that, when all else fails, covered or not, you throw it him and he has a chance.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Virgil said:

I honestly wouldn’t care if we overpaid for Cooper.  We have the money and then some.  It’s why we did all of this.  

It would be the biggest FA signing in as long as I can remember.  It would be bigger to me than Super Mario.  

I would lose my *****

But would he get a key to the city?

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Dallas strip clubs vs Dave & Busters. How many millions per year is that worth?   ?

OK.......zero.......

EDIT: To the strippers it could indeed be worth millions! Make it RAIN! 

I’ve spent a a fair amount of time at The Lodge in Dallas on business trips. I can assure you Dave and Busters is much better for your financial future.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Fair enough. I definitely feel differently, especially since a few of the receivers you listed earlier haven’t exactly put up the same numbers against top defenses. I have Julio and Evans on top. With Adams in the tier directly behind. OBJ hasn’t been quite the same since his knee injury, and while QB play could be responsible I expected more over the past two seasons. Kupp IMO hasn’t posted the numbers to qualify yet... no 80+ reception season, hasn’t broken the 1,000 yard mark, never more than 6 TDs.... Woods on the other hand has broken two of those yard markers. Kupp is like a more physically gifted Edelman to me... excellent player, but impossible to tell how much of his upper end is talent or system. He’s on track to hit the next level this year though. 

I'd take Evans over OBJ and Julio or even Adams. I agree about OBJ. 

That comparison of Kupp is great, just like Edelman is great.

A bigger, more physically gifted Edleman is the pinnacle of recieving which is exactly the mountain Kupp has ascended and now is king of...

It is not a fluke either or scheme because he broke FCS WR records across the board, easily the top WR in that draft class especially since he is gonna be the best in the league for years to come.

8 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

But would he get a key to the city?

For Kupp anything... Amari, nahhhhh.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey, Kupp, Thielen, Edelman all easily better. JuJu is probably better, Odell, Michael Thomas...Just off the top of my head so probably top 10

On no planet is Julian Edelman better than Amari Cooper.  

That said, there is a TON of talent at the WR position.  Currently it's probably the most difficult position to rank.

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'd take Evans over OBJ and Julio or even Adams. I agree about OBJ. 

That comparison of Kupp is great, just like Edelman is great.

A bigger, more physically gifted Edleman is the pinnacle of recieving which is exactly the mountain Kupp has ascended and now is king of...

It is not a fluke either or scheme because he broke FCS WR records across the board, easily the top WR in that draft class especially since he is gonna be the best in the league for years to come.

I just want to see the potential fully reached before anointing anyone. He’s on pace this year. Granted, I wouldn’t complain if Beane gave up a 1st for most of the guys we’ve mentioned.... Green aside due to avail-ability. I think OBJ could rebound, but I don’t see it in Cleveland with that coaching staff. Stick him on the Seahawks and he’d likely revert back to all-pro level. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

On no planet is Julian Edelman better than Amari Cooper.  

That said, there is a TON of talent at the WR position.  Currently it's probably the most difficult position to rank.

Take away playing for the Cheaters, I'd rather have that dweeb on our team, he has shown up year after year.

I don't attribute his success to Brady either. I feel like no matter where he went he'd be great.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I just want to see the potential fully reached before anointing anyone. He’s on pace this year. Granted, I wouldn’t complain if Beane gave up a 1st for most of the guys we’ve mentioned.... Green aside due to avail-ability. I think OBJ could rebound, but I don’t see it in Cleveland with that coaching staff. Stick him on the Seahawks and he’d likely revert back to all-pro level. 

Ugh, think about the cheaters having OBJ... thank God Cleveland somehow came away with him.

Kupp is only in the basement of his potential, terrible injuries didn't help in year 2.

I feel like his floor is GOAT, just needs Josh Allen lasering him the ball so he can Willy Wonka his way to the top.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, Virgil said:

I don’t know why I didn’t think about this before and I’m not sure if I’ve seen this talked about as it pertains to the Bills, but....

If the Cowboys don’t get a deal done with Dak soon, then they will have to decide which player to franchise tag between him and Cooper.  I would have to think Dak would be priority #1 for them as his deal may take longer to figure out.   The team has already said they are seeking a team friendly deal as they have so many players due for solid paydays.  

With that being said, Cooper could be a FA in his prime.  That has to be someone we write a blank check to, no?   That would be an immediate boost to our offense.   Just look at what he did for Dak. 

On a side note, is there a cutoff in the season where new contracts count towards the following years cap?  I’ve wondered how that works as the Dak saga continues on

Cooper is going to want to be the highest paid WR in the league, he isn't the best WR in the league so why would we give him that money and why wouldn't we just draft a #1 WR? 

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ugh, think about the cheaters having OBJ... thank God Cleveland somehow came away with him.

Kupp is only in the basement of his potential, terrible injuries didn't help in year 2.

I feel like his floor is GOAT, just needs Josh Allen lasering him the ball so he can Willy Wonka his way to the top.

His floor is definitely lower than GOAT. Every WRs floor is tied to OC and QB... ref ODBJ. ?. There are plenty of examples of performance drop offs when an incompetent QB takes the reins of an offense. Look at D Adams season stats with Hundley throwing the ball. Went from an All pro pace to a 75/885/10 season. Rodgers comes back the next season and he posts 111/1386/13. 

allen would certainly benefit from having a smart physically imposing WR. Sadly, they rarely hit the market.... Beane needs to do better. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

His floor is definitely lower than GOAT. Every WRs floor is tied to OC and QB... ref ODBJ. ?. There are plenty of examples of performance drop offs when an incompetent QB takes the reins of an offense. Look at D Adams season stats with Hundley throwing the ball. Went from an All pro pace to a 75/885/10 season. Rodgers comes back the next season and he posts 111/1386/13. 

allen would certainly benefit from having a smart physically imposing WR. Sadly, they rarely hit the market.... Beane needs to do better. 

I don't mean to obsess... just when you know something and the GM does the opposite(Zay Jones) you want to make it known you made the right choice. I hit often on guys that are usually an afterthought so I love to get my I told you so's in... Also I'm not afraid to admit when I whiff, but that usually doesn't happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I don't mean to obsess... just when you know something and the GM does the opposite(Zay Jones) you want to make it known you made the right choice. I hit often on guys that are usually an afterthought so I love to get my I told you so's in... Also I'm not afraid to admit when I whiff, but that usually doesn't happen.

I certainly wasn’t chirping for him. At the time of the trade up I thought they were grabbing Forrest Lamp. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I love Lamp haha I really thought we were coming up for Kupp, then when it was a different WR it really was puzzling.

I didn’t think they’d move up for WR. Jones, Kupp, and Smith-Schuster were all on the board. ?‍♂️. Oline looked like it dropped off after Lamp. Then they grabbed Dawkins afterwards.