rumor Nate Clements to the redskins

freester

The one thing every draftnik in the world agrees on: this year's draft is crappy. One thing many of us agree on: first round picks are barely ever worth the money you have to pay for them these days.

When you put those two together, then please tell me WHY in the name of all that is holy you would take one of the best corners around and unload him prematurely to move up to a draft position where there are no players of value to use at the price they will cost us? In what world does that even remotely make sense? You get another year out of Nate; a year in which he will likely elevate his game so some moronic team will pay him craploads of money the following year to be on a mediocre team.

THEN get your picks or trade for him. But now?

Man, this is right up with here with whatshisnames idea that we should just cut Travis Henry because he's a moronic pedophile cancer. I sure hope those of you who say 'let's consider the trade' don't have to make a living out of negotiating.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.  Let me start by saying, If you can trade Clements for a 1st, you do it.  The only reason we would trade him would be if he rejected TD's offer and TD feals he cant sign him.

Now, Who replaces Clements?  Ty Law, if the Bills know he will be ready by opening day.

The Bills can play alot of cover 2 with the safties they have.  Clements is, IMO the best CB in the NFL.  But, you dont need the best CB if your coaching is good.  I think Gray wants to play alot more cover 2, and having a shut down CB isnt a huge need in a cover 2 defense.

With our Safties, We just need someone who can get a nice Bump and play his area well.  Ty Law would be perfect, even though he is slowing down.  But who knows.

Also, I dont think Ty Law is that great a CB.  He was a Cover 2 guy, and Its much easier to play cover 2 than Man up defense.

300886[/snapback]

best in the league??????? hes a very good player, but there are at least 5 cbs, one a rookie last year = Deangelo hall, that i would rather have on my team

The one thing every draftnik in the world agrees on: this year's draft is crappy. One thing many of us agree on: first round picks are barely ever worth the money you have to pay for them these days.

When you put those two together, then please tell me WHY in the name of all that is holy you would take one of the best corners around and unload him prematurely to move up to a draft position where there are no players of value to use at the price they will cost us? In what world does that even remotely make sense? You get another year out of Nate; a year in which he will likely elevate his game so some moronic team will pay him craploads of money the following year to be on a mediocre team.

THEN get your picks or trade for him. But now?

Man, this is right up with here with whatshisnames idea that we should just cut Travis Henry because he's a moronic pedophile cancer. I sure hope those of you who say 'let's consider the trade' don't have to make a living out of negotiating.

300895[/snapback]

I agree with you completely. I don't think it makes a bit of sense to trade one of the best CBs in the league for just the 9th pick in a weak draft. They'd have to offer me quite a bit more than that pick for Clements before I would make that trade.

Considering that Clements is better than any CB prospect in this draft,  and possibly better than any player in this draft,  I would want more than the #9 overall pick. 

I also want to say this:  if this trade happens (and I doubt it will),  I never want to see this team select a 1st round CB again.  Ever.  I'm sick of seeing this team waste 1st round picks on CBs that they have no intention of keeping past their initial contract.

300891[/snapback]

He may be a great player. But i'm sorry, draft trades don't work that way.

You have to give up more than just Nate Clements to get a top 10 pick. Hell, Randy Moss alone didn't get the Vikings the 7th pick and you think we're going to get more than just a #9 for Clements?

Honestly, if this for real it needs to get done. Face facts, TD will not resign Nate. He's going to do the same thing with him that he has done with Peerless, Antoine Winfield, Jonas Jennings, and Pat Williams before him. TD doesn't resign someone unless they come cheap and Nate will not come cheap. He's going to make more money than anyone else on the list.

So pull the trigger, make a v-line for Ty Law (flame away) and draft a real playmaker on offense (like a Mike Williams) because that's where we need help!

make the move!!!!!

Clements is overated!!!

''''he'll fit right in with the Egoskins

300822[/snapback]

I dunno, Clements is the man if you ask me, and will only get better over the next few years. F' the money for once and keep a guy around. I'd rather have clements at top dollar than Mike Williams

You have to give up more than just Nate Clements to get a top 10 pick. Hell, Randy Moss alone didn't get the Vikings the 7th pick and you think we're going to get more than just a #9 for Clements?

Honestly, if this for real it needs to get done. Face facts, TD will not resign Nate. He's going to do the same thing with him that he has done with Peerless, Antoine Winfield, Jonas Jennings, and Pat Williams before him. TD doesn't resign someone unless they come cheap and Nate will not come cheap. He's going to make more money than anyone else on the list.

So pull the trigger, make a v-line for Ty Law (flame away) and draft a real playmaker on offense (like a Mike Williams) because that's where we need help!

300904[/snapback]

I have a pretty good idea how NFL trades work and I know that the Bills would have a tough time getting more than the 9th overall pick for Nate Clements. That still does not make the trade acceptable to me, as the Bills will be trading an excellent player in the prime of his career for a complete unknown in a draft with a questionable top 10. I'm sorry, but just because everyone else jumps off a bridge doesn't mean I'm going to.

300904[/snapback]

Maybe we can throw in a LB like they did, maybe Spikes. :devil:

I can't figure out why anyone would give up a bucket for Clemens if everyone knows that we're not going to keep him around next year anyway. WHy not wait until we give him up and sign him to a big contract (which you'd have to do any way) and not part with a top-10 pick?

300904[/snapback]

Yeah, this offense is truly devoid of playmakers. All we have are bums like Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, and that loser Willis McGahee. I think we should draft WR for 5 of the first 6 picks. After all, we still need to use that first pick on a kicker.

If it's just for the #9 pick, there's no way I'd do this. Except for possibly Rolle, there's no cornerback in this draft as good as Clements. However, there are some who have the potential to get there. For this reason, I think that the best option would be to draft a cornerback in the second round this year and cultivate him while Clements plays out his contract. Then, we let Clements go and draft another cornerback in the first or second round of next year's draft (depending on field strength). This gives us 3 young cornerbacks (including McGee) to fiddle around with, and no huge top-5 salary being paid. Of course, it could be a bit of a downgrade, but it would let us sign some of the other free agents we'll have next year.

That's my two cents.

Well I wouldn't have a problem with the move except that it screws up the safety position. I too feel that Nate is a goner after this year, but by trading him we screw up the safety spot and we are back to giving up 3rd and 27 plays.

I'm not putting much stock into this "news" though. This site is hardly reputable.

If Clements is traded to the Redsucks it will be for much more then just the #9 pick.

In fact it will cost them next years #1 as well, or this years #1, #2, and #3.

Clements will not be let go for anythng less then the bank.

We also have the option of bringing in Ty Law for veteran corner help and he won't be nearly as expensive as people think.

Alright let's just end this now.  Here's the trade.  Nate Clements for the 9th pick in the draft and Sean Taylor.  I think that deal makes sense.

As I roll my eyes........

300935[/snapback]

I think they'd go for it. Then again, why would we want Taylor? His Wonderlic score, which is all that matters, sucks.