rumor Nate Clements to the redskins

freester

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find and certainly an interesting scenario for TD but I dont think its likely.

The only player in this draft that I would trade one of our team leaders for is Antrelle Rolle out of Miami and he'll be long gone by the ninth pick.

PacMan Jones is a possibility but will probably be gone at 7 to Arizona and isnt half of what Clements is right now.

Get their 1st for him would not be bad ..pick a young stud corner ..with the vet`s we have to show him the ropes..he`ll be cheaper for a few yrs. before the show me the money game begin`s again...I hate this era of no loyalty football, but I guess you have to play their game :devil:

One HOT Rumor to report today centers around the Washington Redskins...the Redskins who own the Drafts ninth pick overall are reportedly considering making a move to strengthen the team's CB position before the Draft in two weeks...the team reportedly would feel more confident in a veteran starting Corner over one of the upcoming Drafts top rookie prospects...the Redskins reportedly could become a "player" in the Patrick Surtain sweepstakes and trump the Chiefs offer to the Dolphins for Surtain...however...the veteran Corner that the Redskins reportedly covet is Bills CB Nate Clements...Clements has one year left on his existing contract and will become an unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the 2005 season unless Clements and the Bills can work out a deal before then...it's highly unlikely since Clements will be looking to be paid as the highest rated Corner to hit the market in Free Agency which will include a hefty signing bonus...Bills GM Tom Donahoe has a history of not over spending on a player for the sake of his teams Cap....the Bills don't own a First Round pick in the upcoming Draft because it was sent to Dallas as part of the 2004 Draft day trade which enabled the team to land their QB of the future J.P. Losman...Redskins Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams drafted Clements in the first round in 2001 in Williams first year as the Bills Head Coach...stay tuned!!!!!.......on to some Prospect news...LSU Corner Corey Webster was considered one of the Top 3 CB prospects and a sure-fire first round pick heading into the 2004 season...but Webster's stock fell during the season in which he struggled mightly because he was playing on a nagging hamstring injury which he couldn't shake during the season...Webster recently impressed the Scouts with a solid Pro Day workout which convinced his on-lookers that he's fully recovered from the injury...Webster could become somewhat of a Draft day steal if he falls out of the first round of the up-coming Draft.

you absolutely do this trade in a heartbeat! Face it clements is gone after next year. And with this coming year most liekly being a transition year with a new qb, clements will do us no good this season. And if u can get the 9th pick you do it.

Get their 1st for him would not be bad ..pick a young stud corner ..with the vet`s we have to show him the ropes..he`ll be cheaper for a few yrs. before the show me the money game begin`s again...I hate this era of no loyalty football, but I guess you have to play their game :devil:

300815[/snapback]

make the move!!!!!

Clements is overated!!!

''''he'll fit right in with the Egoskins

you absolutely do this trade in a heartbeat! Face it clements is gone after next year. And with this coming year most liekly being a transition year with a new qb, clements will do us no good this season. And if u can get the 9th pick you do it.

300821[/snapback]

transition year? clements will do us no good this season?

sorry, this is a playoff ready team......that is the expectation and anything less is another failure.........clements is needed this year and beyond, and i would certainly rather have him on the team then some raw, untested rookie who will take 4 years to get to the level of play that clements is currently at.........

What a great idea...Sure, we'll trade a 26 year old Pro Bowl CB, who will likely be in the top-5 at his position next year for a top-10 pick in a very average draft.

300825[/snapback]

What good is he going to does us this season? we r not maing the playoffs and he will be gone next year! Unless you want to pay him a 15 mill bonus. Look at what Fred smoot got and is sooooo average!

yeah great...trade away our best playmaker on defense. remember what made our defense so special last year? turnovers. we always had a solid defense yardage wise but it didn't translate into wins until last year when we were able to add the ability to create turnovers on top of simply shutting people down. why would you trade our best player in terms of creating turnovers? he's young, he's cocky (a must for a top shelf CB IMHO), he has great skills, size, and speed. he will also cost a lot of money...but you DO have to play for top shelf talent in this league. just because we had him under a bargain contract for the last 3 years doesn't mean we were paying him market value. we paid him under market those 3 years and in turn i feel we should at least pay market value to keep him. i think a takeo spikes (is it 5 years $30 million) would be about right. if nate wants a randy moss or payton manning sized contract then i really think trading him has to be considered. pay the man though...he is a great CB

(yes he has made a few boneheaded plays like the jacksonville game last year, but i guaruntee he has learned from that mistake and will "BAT IT DOWN" in future situations like that....experience was all he needed and he has got that now)

transition year? clements will do us no good this season?

sorry, this is a playoff ready team......that is the expectation and anything less is another failure.........clements is needed this year and beyond, and i would certainly rather have him on the team then some raw, untested rookie who will take 4 years to get to the level of play that clements is currently at.........

300829[/snapback]

this is a playoff team except for one major piece. A QB! JP has a lot of learning to do. I'm just looking at this situation objectively and putting aside my bills bias

I agree ...BUT he`s gonna be gone (show me the BIGTIME MONEY ) so I say SEE YA ..It`s the nature of the GAME

:devil:

300828[/snapback]

why not pay him? he's one of the best in the game at his position and i want to keep guys like that around........

will you have a similar attitude with willis in a few years? lee evans? jp?

I agree ...BUT he`s gonna be gone (show me the BIGTIME MONEY ) so I say SEE YA ..It`s the nature of the GAME

:devil:

300828[/snapback]

So is the Franchise tag. Im not ready to let Nate and Pat go in he same off season. The draft is a crap shoot and this years crop is weak after six players. Let's hold onto NC just a wee bit longer.

Face it peeps, Nate will command/demand a GIGANTIC salary and signing bonus next year as an UFA, and the Bills WON'T give it to him. I doubt he'll offer a hometown discount, or enough to make a difference. So do the deal, look to trade down with the Skins' pick, and get a CB somewhere early but NOT at #9 (you'd basically be paying him close to what Nate would demand), while shoring up other areas.