HERE COMES TIGER

zevo

No matter what Tiger does (including throwing his clubs) the announcers switch to what I call Tiger Talk when he's on the screen.  He is a Golf God to them.  Where the announcers would say someone else hit a bad shot ... Tiger got a bad break.

It's not Tiger I hate ... it's the way the announcers talk about him.  It kills the TV staff when he's out of the running.  I just wish Tiger would knock off the Black Power Fist of Anger when he sinks a putt.  Is he a modern day Black Panther?  Or is he playing an outdoor game?

300989[/snapback]

Hey, Jack received the same treatment...Tiger's no different. He's the one golfer in the world that "the man in the street" can recognize. It's been nearly 3 years since he last won a major. Good for him, and major props to CD for slugging it out to the wire.

Sorry to read your last two lines...they say more about you than they do Tiger.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know one needs to appreciate the accomplishments of a cold, pretentious prick.  Good for golf a person like that can excel at the sport.  Three cheers for his Black Power Fist thrust in anger after he sinks a putt.  People-people cannot find a reason to like him.  Good for you he's your hero.  I prefer heros with a heart. 

Get it?

301021[/snapback]

I do get it. Ignore.

Well I didn't mean BEAT him beat him, but I mean on the golf course.

"We have Phil Mickelson and Veejay Singh here on the 18th green tied for the lead.  This shot will determine the championship.  Oh I understand we are cutting over to Tiger Woods on the 15th green.  He's only ten shots behind these two."

I can't stand Tiger.

300948[/snapback]

why do these ignorant statements not surprise me?

Know one needs to appreciate the accomplishments of a cold, pretentious prick.  Good for golf a person like that can excel at the sport.  Three cheers for his Black Power Fist thrust in anger after he sinks a putt.  People-people cannot find a reason to like him.  Good for you he's your hero.  I prefer heros with a heart. 

Get it?

301021[/snapback]

give somebody a keyboard and an internet connection, and they'll find a way to make you regret you did.

why do these ignorant statements not surprise me?

301114[/snapback]

What exactly is ignorant about the truth? Anyone who has watched any portion of a golf tournament over the last 7 years or so knows what I'm saying is the truth. A few even mentioned the same thing.

What exactly is ignorant about the truth?  Anyone who has watched any portion of a golf tournament over the last 7 years or so knows what I'm saying is the truth.  A few even mentioned the same thing.

301150[/snapback]

Yeah ignore the fact that Tiger is #1 in the world for 95% of that time. Or that he has won on average 7 or 8 tourney's per year over that time frame. Or won 20 majors over that time frame.

Yeah I can see where some of those other guys would get angry considering noone else else has won more then 2 or 3 in that timeframe.

He gets the airtime, because he is usually winning and because of that he is a huge draw for the TV. People don't turn on a tourney to watch Howell finish in 50th. But they do want to see Tiger.

Yeah ignore the fact that Tiger is #1 in the world for 95% of that time.  Or that he has won on average 7 or 8 tourney's per year over that time frame.  Or won 20 majors over that time frame.

Yeah I can see where some of those other guys would get angry considering noone else else has won more then 2 or 3 in that timeframe. 

He gets the airtime, because he is usually winning and because of that he is a huge draw for the TV.  People don't turn on a tourney to watch Howell finish in 50th.  But they do want to see Tiger.

301155[/snapback]

I only had a chance to watch the last 5 holes of the whole Masters.

Was that the best Masters in Years? :devil:

Great Golf, a classic. Cheers to TW.

What exactly is ignorant about the truth?  Anyone who has watched any portion of a golf tournament over the last 7 years or so knows what I'm saying is the truth.  A few even mentioned the same thing.

301150[/snapback]

So why exactly would you blame this on Tiger and hate him for being a great golfer? It's not his fault that what you say is only a slight exaggeration. Why would you hate Tiger himself for that? I think he handles himself rather darn well for everyone fawning all over him and telling him he is Gd and the greatest player ever and all the crap that goes along with being a superstar like him.

Awesome stuff today! Pretty tough too beat the last three years at the Masters from Wiers playoff win to Phil's great finish last year and the topper has to be todays with the chip shot at 16 and Dimarco's almost hole out on 18 and making that putt to tie it. Can't imagine the pressure thoes guys are under. hell a four footer to beat your buddies for $20 is huge let alone on the 18th green for the Masters. Good stuff no mater who you root for!!!!

The only thing better than Tiger Woods winning a Masters is Vijay Singh winning one.

Neither of these guys could buy a round at Augusta if they were locals and their name were Smith or Jones. It's great to see the great white biggots having to play the gracious host in their own back yard to somebody they wouldn't say hello to in town.

Tiger Woods is as brilliant on a golf course as Michael Jordan was on the court.

Eat shLt if you can't stand them. That's your problem.

So why exactly would you blame this on Tiger and hate him for being a great golfer? It's not his fault that what you say is only a slight exaggeration. Why would you hate Tiger himself for that? I think he handles himself rather darn well for everyone fawning all over him and telling him he is Gd and the greatest player ever and all the crap that goes along with being a superstar like him.

301162[/snapback]

Well I'm sure aware of the revelation that usually people don't like the players/teams that win all the time. To the average fan it gets boring. I'm a below average golf fan, so when I see the same guy on television all the time and they show him most of the day no matter how he is doing, I don't like seeing it.

In the continuing theme of "as long as BF is a fan of <insert whatever>, that team is destined to be screwed."

Thanks for being on the BILLS wagon, Baron.  :(

301260[/snapback]

But hey he is a great ball sport athlete. You know the shotputt is a ball. :doh:

No matter what Tiger does (including throwing his clubs) the announcers switch to what I call Tiger Talk when he's on the screen.  He is a Golf God to them.  Where the announcers would say someone else hit a bad shot ... Tiger got a bad break.

It's not Tiger I hate ... it's the way the announcers talk about him.  It kills the TV staff when he's out of the running.  I just wish Tiger would knock off the Black Power Fist of Anger when he sinks a putt.  Is he a modern day Black Panther?  Or is he playing an outdoor game?

300989[/snapback]

Man. If you're the same surfmeister from 2001 PPP, remember the days when you just kept yourself to maligning other groups. Glad you've expanded your repertoire.

"Black Power Fist of Anger"

"Black Panther"

Right. That's what it's all about. No one ever pumps their fist in celebration. It's all about Black Power.

Another Black Power supporter

Get it?

301021[/snapback]

This is perhaps one of the most ill informed and misguided responses I've ever seen. Perhaps if you could step outside of your white supremist militia camp you'd have a better perspective.

To imply that Woods doesn't have a heart is just ignorant.

I'll think I'll refer to you as "Fuzzy" from now on.