HERE COMES TIGER

zevo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JoeSixPack,

You are engaging in line infringement. We must ask that you cease and desist from this activity immediately. Further violations could result in legal action. Thank you.

301367[/snapback]

Ahr and Ahr,

I want to sue the person that put the finger in my chili, help!

Woods: Spoiled Brat!

It was after he hosed his T-Shot on either 15 or 16 he took his driver and smashed his tee into the ground with the driver head. What a spoiled brat. The announcers tried to cover for him saying, "that's not the best or worst reaction a player could have". Duh? They also did a lot of wondering whether Chris was complaining to the officials about that type of childish behavior. He gets away with stuff other players would get penalized for doing.

What a horrible example that type of behavior sets for youngsters. What will you tell me now? Tiger didn't do it? You didn't see it? Or you did see it and you are going to take a tip from Tiger and smash your tee into the ground after every tee shot because you yearn to be more like your hero.

If that's what it takes to glorify Tiger Woods ... then leave me out.

So why exactly would you blame this on Tiger and hate him for being a great golfer? It's not his fault that what you say is only a slight exaggeration. Why would you hate Tiger himself for that? I think he handles himself rather darn well for everyone fawning all over him and telling him he is Gd and the greatest player ever and all the crap that goes along with being a superstar like him.

301162[/snapback]

Did you see him smash the tee into the ground with his driver head after his tee shot wasn't perfect? It was somewhere on the back nine ... like 15 or 16 yesterday. Is that the behavior of an elite sportsman or a spoiled brat ?

Did you see him smash the tee into the ground with his driver head after his tee shot wasn't perfect?  It was somewhere on the back nine ... like 15 or 16 yesterday.  Is that the behavior of an elite sportsman or a spoiled brat ?

301403[/snapback]

At least he didn't make racist statements on a message board about another golfer. :(

It was after he hosed his T-Shot on either 15 or 16 he took his driver and smashed his tee into the ground with the driver head.  What a spoiled brat.  The announcers tried to cover for him saying, "that's not the best or worst reaction a player could have".  Duh?  They also did a lot of wondering whether Chris was complaining to the officials about that type of childish behavior.  He gets away with stuff other players would get penalized for doing. 

What a horrible example that type of behavior sets for youngsters.  What will you tell me now? Tiger didn't do it?  You didn't see it?  Or you did see it and you are going to take a tip from Tiger and smash your tee into the ground after every tee shot because you yearn to be more like your hero. 

301398[/snapback]

I have never seen a player smash their club into the ground after a missed shot. And wow, it really does set a horrific example for children. The humanity.

Did you see him smash the tee into the ground with his driver head after his tee shot wasn't perfect?  It was somewhere on the back nine ... like 15 or 16 yesterday.  Is that the behavior of an elite sportsman or a spoiled brat ?

301403[/snapback]

I do it all the time. So does every other golfer on the PGA. Take of your white only colored glasses. Phil, Ernie, DL III, Sergio, and on and on. Every last one of them when they hit a bad drive will hit the tee down into the ground.

301403[/snapback]

Try "competitor." I saw DiMarco at one point spit out a big loogey. On the green. He should be banned for a month. Oh wait. He's white. You probably don't follow that logic. Try this one. I saw Singh say "Damn it" after a bad shot. What a terrible example for black children everywhere.

Try "competitor." I saw DiMarco at one point spit out a big loogey. On the green. He should be banned for a month. Oh wait. He's white. You probably don't follow that logic. Try this one. I saw Singh say "Damn it" after a bad shot. What a terrible example for black children everywhere.

301443[/snapback]

I saw Dimarco purposely break the head on his club so he could have a better driver that fit the last few holes. :(

Yeah, Tiger Woods is really a terrible example and role model for kids. How dare he start all those kids camps.

301440[/snapback]

Yep you are right. You are ALWAYS right Kelly.

Perhaps Tiger could give the kiddies a clinic on how to smash the tee into the ground if your tee shot didn't go right like he did on 15 yesterday. That got the annoucers talking about that kind of behavior being reoptred to the officials. Or how to swear so much the network has to use the 5 second delay. The kids could learn from that. If the kids are extra good, they could also have a little drill on throwing your clubs when your game sucks that day. To me, all of that would be nothing short of inspirational.

Yep you are right.  You are ALWAYS right Kelly.

Perhaps Tiger could give the kiddies a clinic on how to smash the tee into the ground if your tee shot didn't go right like he did on 15 yesterday.  That got the annoucers talking about that kind of behavior being reoptred to the officials.  Or how to swear so much the network has to use the 5 second delay.  The kids could learn from that.  If the kids are extra good, they could also have a little drill on throwing your clubs when your game sucks that day.  To me, all of that would be nothing short of inspirational.

301467[/snapback]

Yawn

Yep you are right.  You are ALWAYS right Kelly.

Perhaps Tiger could give the kiddies a clinic on how to smash the tee into the ground if your tee shot didn't go right like he did on 15 yesterday.  That got the annoucers talking about that kind of behavior being reoptred to the officials.  Or how to swear so much the network has to use the 5 second delay.  The kids could learn from that.  If the kids are extra good, they could also have a little drill on throwing your clubs when your game sucks that day.  To me, all of that would be nothing short of inspirational.

301467[/snapback]

I guess you don't like watching DL III, John Daly, Sergio, etc... do you. These guys are all like that. Also if you knew anything about Dimarco and he admits it himself, he a a grade A type A personality who is very much a hothead, to the nth degree. But go ahead and ignore facts and blame the asian guy just because he is good.

It was after he hosed his T-Shot on either 15 or 16 he took his driver and smashed his tee into the ground with the driver head.  What a spoiled brat.  The announcers tried to cover for him saying, "that's not the best or worst reaction a player could have".  Duh?  They also did a lot of wondering whether Chris was complaining to the officials about that type of childish behavior.  He gets away with stuff other players would get penalized for doing. 

What a horrible example that type of behavior sets for youngsters.  What will you tell me now? Tiger didn't do it?  You didn't see it?  Or you did see it and you are going to take a tip from Tiger and smash your tee into the ground after every tee shot because you yearn to be more like your hero. 

301398[/snapback]

Woods birdied 15 and 16. So this incident didn't happen where you claim it did. And everyone who follows the Masters, knows that 16 is a famous par 3, so you show your ignorance by suggesting Woods hit a driver on 16.

I did see the incident you mention though, and I think it was on 10. Woods hit his drive right, into the trees, and purposely clipped the tee on his backswing.

DiMarco hit his drive and was seen talking to an official. The announcers, Nance and Watkins, speculated that DiMarco might have been complaining about Woods reaction to his shot. After taking a second look at Woods reaction, both dismissed the idea that Woods was out of line.

They soon learned that DiMarco was actually telling the official that the head on his driver came loose, and he needed a ruling on whether he could replace the club in his bag. The official granted his request. Nance and Watkins said that made more sense, as it was unfathonable that any fellow competitor would think Woods reaction was out of line.

So if you had any clue about what really goes on at a golf tournament, and weren't vailing your racist criticism, you'd understand that this was not an extreme reaction during a major tournament.

And if you're looking for role model for kids, perhaps you can point to DiMarco's comeback from a poor third round. Or you can point to the way Woods pulled himself together after back-to-back bogeys on 17 and 18, to play flawlessly in the playoff.

There's a lot to learn there, if you give yourself the chance.