Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I logged back on, and saw that people will still making posts in regards to my point about that play.

Therefore, subtle or not, its still being discussed. All I wanted to do was see why its still a bone of contention that a play that was essentially a handoff is such a bugaboo around here.

Moreover, the first lesson on message board credibility, followed up by how to keep talking points alive... blessed!

It's not the play that's drawing so much discussion; it's the sheer lunacy of the analytical method that people are still entertained by.

But if it makes you feel any better, your middle paragraph here is a much more subtle approach.

Your attempt at snark, on the other hand, could use work. Guess that'd be lesson 3 ?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You lack subtlety in your approach. If you want to keep people talking about it, you have to be more creative and low-key. You're basically shouting from rooftops 

I haven't seen any inconsistencies related to poor mechanics this year.

Like, at all.

His problem this year has been almost exclusively two-fold: making ill-advises throws into coverage and breaking the pocket too soon (though he's clearly better than last year with regard to the latter).

And I don't think anyone this side of @K-9 has proclaimed Josh a franchise QB at this point.

I have not proclaimed him to be a franchise QB. 

I’ve proclaimed him to be a first ballot HOFer. 

There’s a difference at this point in time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

It's not the play that's drawing so much discussion; it's the sheer lunacy of the analytical method that people are still entertained by.

But if it makes you feel any better, your middle paragraph here is a much more subtle approach.

Your attempt at snark, on the other hand, could use work. Guess that'd be lesson 3 ?

That's a hat trick of education, that frankly you arent going to get anywhere else other than TBD.

It's a glorified handoff, that due to semantics counted as a "pass." 

That being said, you admit that it was still being discussed without me at all. So, not sure why you think I'm rehashing something.

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

If it was, everyone would do it. Looks like I have been the only one.

Ah, I see you’re confused.. I’ll just say that “easy” doesn’t preclude intellectual dishonesty. 

But if Allen didn’t pass for those two TDS, he would have had more INTs than TD passes vs. the Titans.

See? Easy peasey.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Ah, I see you’re confused.. I’ll just say that “easy” doesn’t preclude intellectual dishonesty. 

But if Allen didn’t pass for those two TDS, he would have had more INTs than TD passes vs. the Titans.

See? Easy peasey.

Yeah, but those passes actually required him to make a passing motion, the play I'm discussing is a glorified handoff, that due to semantics is listed as a pass.

38 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sounds like he did a good job managing the game. That's something I've felt he's needed to do better, so if he was efficient and smart with the ball, that's a plus. 

It was the polar opposite of the Patriots game. He took what the defense gave him and I don't think a defender ever got a hand on the ball, the only exception being the interception. I'm pretty sure he had zero deep throws all game long. Eventually he will need to hit on a couple of those to keep defenses honest, I agree that his deep accuracy and timing is a concern at this point.

It was a pretty weird game for the offense honestly. We didn't score a lot but Allen wasn't really to blame. Replays showed a lot of plays where no one was open and we didn't have any kind of run game until the final drive. There were a few poorly tined drops and penalties that stopped good looking drives in their tracks. It looked to me like Daboll dumbed the down a bit but I can't blame him after Allen's performance against the Pats.

In fact I think if Allen played against the Pats the way he played against the Titans we would be 5-0 right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, but those passes actually required him to make a passing motion, the play I'm discussing is a glorified handoff, that due to semantics is listed as a pass.

Has nothing to do with semantics and everything to do with the NFL rulebook. 

But you can rest easy knowing that if a forward pass wasn’t defined in the NFL rulebook as such, then you could revel in calling it a handoff all you want. 

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Has nothing to do with semantics and everything to do with the NFL rulebook. 

But you can rest easy knowing that if a forward pass wasn’t defined in the NFL rulebook as such, then you could revel in calling it a handoff all you want. 

Gotta get my hands on the rulebook. 

Again, it's a glorified handoff. Like baldy said, should count as a fumble if it isn't handled properly too boot.

Edited by BillsFan17

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was the polar opposite of the Patriots game. He took what the defense gave him and I don't think a defender ever got a hand on the ball, the only exception being the interception. I'm pretty sure he had zero deep throws all game long. Eventually he will need to hit on a couple of those to keep defenses honest, I agree that his deep accuracy and timing is a concern at this point.

It was a pretty weird game for the offense honestly. We didn't score a lot but Allen wasn't really to blame. Replays showed a lot of plays where no one was open and we didn't have any kind of run game until the final drive. There were a few poorly tined drops and penalties that stopped good looking drives in their tracks. It looked to me like Daboll dumbed the down a bit but I can't blame him after Allen's performance against the Pats.

In fact I think if Allen played against the Pats the way he played against the Titans we would be 5-0 right now.

Agreed with pretty much all of that.

I'll also say that, regardless of how he played in the first 3 quarters, Josh wins that NE game if he doesn't get hurt. The offense is, I believe, 100% successful in TD conversions in the red zone with him at QB; no way he doesn't get in the EZ on the drive during which he got concussed.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Why? It’s so much easier to just reject them and define a forward pass on your own terms.

Which do you want me to adhere to? What will make you feel satisfied?

I also, would like your stance on every rule in said book. I know you have the time.

Edited by BillsFan17

Which do you want me to adhere to? What will make you feel satisfied?

I should think that’s rather obvious. Then again, I don’t have any desire to shoehorn alternate realities into preconceived narratives. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I should think that’s rather obvious. Then again, I don’t have any desire to shoehorn alternate realities into preconceived narratives. 

I feel like you have one of those word of the day calendars, and you are surely getting your money's worth.

Now, back to that pesky rule book. Let's get that run down on your sentiments on absolutely every single rule in that book. Again, I know you have the time.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I feel like you have one of those word of the day calendars, and you are surely getting your money's worth.

Now, back to that pesky rule book. Let's get that run down on your sentiments on absolutely every single rule in that book. Again, I know you have the time.

My sentiments on every single rule in the NFL rule book? Sure, no problem. My sentiment is the same for every single one of them; that is I accept them all as written until they are changed and re-written. 

See? That took no time at all. 

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Clemsons-jet-sweep-The-run-that-is-a-pass-14822

Hey, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a glorified running play

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My sentiments on every single rule in the NFL rule book? Sure, no problem. My sentiment is the same for every single one of them; that is I accept them all as written until they are changed and re-written. 

See? That took no time at all. 

Every single one of em? That's pathetic, have a backbone.