Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I swear. Most Bills fans are like whipped dogs.

What's funny and sad is I agree with you. I literally said "I'm broken" in an above post with ample evidence to support why.

It's curious people taking umbridge with my perspective aren't acknowledging the many hilarious and sad Bills failures against New England since high speed internet access.

Just now, Peevo said:

What's funny and sad is I agree with you. I literally said "I'm broken" in an above post with ample evidence to support why.

It's curious people taking umbridge with my perspective aren't acknowledging the many hilarious and sad Bills failures against New England since high speed internet access.

Hey, I hate the crappy history as much as anyone.

But I'm not going to let it define me. That ended about a decade ago.

Being forward-thinking and positive is a choice, just like being backward-looking and negative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

You're the best at creating strawmen.   This is not a litigation of the 2017 draft.

The context was "Bills would have won that game with half-way competent QB play" Thus, if you insert any competent QB in that game, then Bills would have won. 

So the question is, will Josh Allen provide half-way competent play this year, knowing that is what was missing from the 2 games last year.

They CHOSE their 2018 QB situation out of a number of offseason/preseason options..........blew it..........and have since admitted that they botched it.

Your "what if McDermott had Matt Stafford or Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles" or whichever QB that beat the Patriots last year instead of Derek Anderson scenario is just utterly pointless.     They had who they had because they chose him.

You seem to think the equation is "choose bad players + lose = not your fault"............that's not the way it works.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hey, I hate the crappy history as much as anyone.

But I'm not going to let it define me. That ended about a decade ago.

Being forward-thinking and positive is a choice, just like being backward-looking and negative.

Sean McDermott is 0-4 against NE.  The closet margin of loss was 12 points in 4 games. 

What do you mean, "a decade ago?"

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How can I get it in Florida? Does 1270 have an app or share one? It’s the only way I listen to GR. I hate the sports jocks, but it’s Buffalo..

Yes you can stream it at 1270 AM.  They also have a podcast you can subscribe to.  It gets published on the hour as it’s recorded

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They CHOSE their 2018 QB situation out of a number of offseason/preseason options..........blew it..........and have since admitted that they botched it.

Your "what if McDermott had Matt Stafford or Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles" or whichever QB that beat the Patriots last year instead of Derek Anderson scenario is just utterly pointless.     They had who they had because they chose him.

You seem to think the equation is "choose bad players + lose = not your fault"............that's not the way it works.

And you double down on the straw mansion.

But if we follow your rabbit hole, the you should be able to answer the question - "Are Josh Allen and the offense better than the version that the Bills trotted out on Oct 29, 2018?"

9 minutes ago, Peevo said:

Sean McDermott is 0-4 against NE.  The closet margin of loss was 12 points in 4 games. 

What do you mean, "a decade ago?"

I mean I made a conscious decision not to be miserable about the Bills a decade ago.

Too much other stuff to be miserable about in life.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I mean I made a conscious decision not to be miserable about the Bills a decade ago.

Too much other stuff to be miserable about in life.

That's fair.  It's just a game.  

But that's also all part of rationalizing the losing.  "Don't let it get to you", "expect disappointment, it's easier" etc.

Wouldn't we all be happier if they just won a few once in a while?

1 minute ago, Peevo said:

But that's also all part of rationalizing the losing.  "Don't let it get to you", "expect disappointment, it's easier" etc.

I have faith they're going to win a bunch more than they lose this year.

I called 10 before it was cool to call 10.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I have faith they're going to win a bunch more than they lose this year.

I called 10 before it was cool to call 10.

See this is why we all need to chill out a bit and listen to each other more (myself included).

10 wins would be their best season in 20 years.

The problem with the league, as I see it, is that NE has choked all of the fun out of the sport.

Almost all economists agree monopolies are bad for economies. Standard Oil was broken up. AT&T was broken up. Microsoft was broken up.

NE by all intents and purposes has a monopoly of winning in the NFL.  I dont see how long term this is healthy for the future of the sport.

Why invest yourself in ANY AFC team when the Pats waltz into the SuperBowl every year?

This is why I feel hopeless about it.  10 wins for the Bills would ultimately mean nothing in yet another Patriots championship season.

When will it end? 

2 minutes ago, Peevo said:

See this is why we all need to chill out a bit and listen to each other more (myself included).

The problem with the league, as I see it, is that NE has choked all of the fun out of the sport.

Almost all economists agree monopolies are bad for economies. Standard Oil was broken up. AT&T was broken up. Microsoft was broken up.

NE by all intents and purposes has a monopoly of winning in the NFL.  I dont see how long term this is healthy for the future of the sport.

Why invest yourself in ANY AFC team when the Pats waltz into the SuperBowl every year?

This is why I feel hopeless about it.  10 wins for the Bills would ultimately mean nothing in yet another Patriots championship season.

When will it end? 

When someone has balls enough to end brady's career.

And not one moment sooner.

And 10 wins would be ENORMOUS for this franchise.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

11 minutes ago, Peevo said:

They’ve won three games, there’s plenty to be happy about and I expect they’ll win a bunch more barring injuries. it’s just I think a lot of fans including myself are so over getting emotionally drained because we are playing the patriots(who should win the game) all I care about at this point is getting back to the playoffs and if you look at the bills schedule that road of getting there doesn’t have to be by beating the patriots. 

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

They’ve won three games, there’s plenty to be happy about and I expect they’ll win a bunch more barring injuries. it’s just I think a lot of fans including myself are so over getting emotionally drained because we are playing the patriots(who should win the game) all I care about at this point is getting back to the playoffs and if you look at the bills schedule that road of getting there doesn’t have to be by beating the patriots. 

I have no doubt Bills will make the playoffs. As long as they keep doing what theyre doing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I have no doubt Bills will make the playoffs. As long as they keep doing what theyre doing.

Exactly it’s not why I’m sweating this game so much. If they lose by 20 I’m just going to tip my hat to the pats and move on to the next week without too much worry. I want to beat that team in the playoffs, if that means going 0-2 against them in the regular season then so be it. 

50 minutes ago, GG said:

And you double down on the straw mansion.

But if we follow your rabbit hole, the you should be able to answer the question - "Are Josh Allen and the offense better than the version that the Bills trotted out on Oct 29, 2018?"

Gerry your arguments are tired........and you've turned to mis-using catch terms and phrases as a defense.

You don't even understand what a "straw man" argument is and you've come to confuse you being proven wrong with "goal posts being moved".

McDermott is a hard-earned 0-4 versus the Patriots.  

55 minutes ago, Peevo said:

When will it end? 

It will end not when Brady retires, IMO, but when Bill Belichick retires.

I have been wondering if BB will choose to call it a career when Brady does for a long time.  

Not sure he would want to continue with another QB; he's too much of a perfectionist and what he has with Brady is pretty much perfect.  

If BB continues, he'll need to find a good QB obviously, but he'll be able to do it and the machine will keep running down the tracks, maybe at slightly reduced speed.

He's 67 now and Brady wants to keep going several more years.  

Let's hope they both step down together.

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gerry your arguments are tired........and you've turned to mis-using catch terms and phrases as a defense.

You don't even understand what a "straw man" argument is and you've come to confuse you being proven wrong with "goal posts being moved".

McDermott is a hard-earned 0-4 versus the Patriots.  

You declared that the Bills under McDermott are 0-4, as if that makes him a worse coach than Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Chan, Ryan or Marrone.  When it was pointed out that those 4 games were much closer than the score would indicate, you moved the goal posts to talk about how they were dominated in at least one phase of the game and how other teams were able to beat the Pats*.  When the sad state of Bills' QB'ing was brought up as the primary reason for the '18 losses, you fell back on your strawman about the 2017 draft.

So, please tell me how the terms were misused?  

Shall we discuss the meaning of thin-skinned next?