Proposal calls for new downtown stadium

JoeF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this on the way home. Considering the money they just invested in RWS a few years back, I think it is a long shot.

Note to the city councilman who is sponsoring this bill....The city of Buffalo is being governed by a control board. Just maybe......you should consider working on a way for the city to take back control of their affairs instead of coming up with stadium proposals. :ph34r:

I heard this on the way home.  Considering the money they just invested in RWS a few years back, I think it is a long shot. 

Note to the city councilman who is sponsoring this bill....The city of Buffalo is being governed by a control board.  Just maybe......you should consider working on a way for the city to take back control of their affairs instead of stadium proposals. :ph34r:

298043[/snapback]

Didn't know much about the governing structure Labatt thanks...When I think about how places like Baltimore, Atlanta, Jacksonville have centered downtown revitalization around sports facilities--I get excited about what it could mean for Buffalo. The City has the world class aquatics facility, AAA baseball and the arena all in a tight area..a stadium would be the crown jewel. Lets just say Cablevision's bid for Adelphia today is accepted and the Bass Pro stuff comes through---Downtown Buffalo could actually have some hope with the right incentives and tax abbatements...I know its a pipe dream but I have seen it work other places.

For me, it sure would be nice to have a realistic option of moving back there some day...not that I don't love it here (Raleigh, NC)--but there is always something special about where you grew up...

Funny that a story like this would pop up. Was just browsing one of the "NFL stadiums" websites. Arizona will have a new one for 2006. Looks decent. And, I think it was the Colts.....2008.

Also considering are Minnesota, New Orleans, San Diego and maybe one or two others. I guess Dallas gave theirs the thumbs up a few months back.

Didn't know much about the governing structure Labatt thanks...

298046[/snapback]

city government is so fugged up, that it has been taken over by a control board. In other words, Masiello and the city councilmen should all be layed off since their duties are now being taken care of by others.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the project. Living in Buffalo for 45 years has taught me otherwise. :ph34r:

city government is so fugged up, that it has been taken over by a control board.  In other words, Masiello and the city councilmen should all be layed off since their duties are now being taken care of by others.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the project.  Living in Buffalo for 45 years has taught me otherwise. :ph34r:

298050[/snapback]

Bass Pro Stadium.......it has a nice ring to it.

It's time for Erie County to start using their funds on Powerball tickets. Then you might have a shot.

city government is so fugged up, that it has been taken over by a control board.  In other words, Masiello and the city councilmen should all be layed off since their duties are now being taken care of by others.

298050[/snapback]

Antoine Thompson is the lightest of lightweights. In a city with an overflowing history of prepostrous preposals, this is an all time high (or low, as the case may be).

The city and county can't even keep toilet paper in their bathrooms, yet this guy wants to spend $$$$ for a new stadium. Too bad my pet bird just passed away, this story would've been perfect lining for his cage.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the project.  Living in Buffalo for 45 years has taught me otherwise. :ph34r:

298050[/snapback]

Now would be a good time to bring up the issue at least with all the stadium proposals this year it would be only right that the state of of New York put one in downtown Buffalo. It would be HUGE for the city of fallen Buffalo

Downtown Buffalo Stadium

As much as I love the Ralph, this would be great.  It would take the 7 years remaining on the current lease to get this done--but the state of NY needs to balance their contribution to NYC and this is the perfect project.

298041[/snapback]

I've often felt that a downtown stadium with a "great lakes/niagara falls" theme would be pretty cool. How about a giant waterfall in one of the endzones? That would make a good TV backdrop. Also a good way for the EZC to clean the stink off. Time for TBD'ers to start designing.

I've often felt that a downtown stadium with a "great lakes/niagara falls" theme would be pretty cool.  How about a giant waterfall in one of the endzones?  That would make a good TV backdrop.  Also a good way for the EZC to clean the stink off.  Time for TBD'ers to start designing.

298089[/snapback]

Cool idea...then again, with the winds off the lake, it would have to be an "anti-freeze" fall, in order for it to work all season.

Nothing quite like a neon green waterfall as a backdrop.

with the winds off the lake, it would have to be an "anti-freeze" fall, in order for it to work all season.Nothing quite like a neon green waterfall as a backdrop.

A red and blue one might look pretty cool.

Come on people, stop dreaming. Obviously this will never happen. And as far as the "NY got their stadium" argument, NYC has a lot more people than we can dream of....on a population basis, I bet buffalo got more for the ralph than NYC will for their stadium.

And as far as Baltimore, atlanta etc - those cities didn't rebuild around a stadium. They added in a stadium to cities that were doing pretty well as it is.

I've always said the only thing that could make the gameday experience better is if our stadium was right on the water in the city. I think a new stadium would bring so much energy to this franchise and put to rest the rumors that the Bills may one day leave.

I heard this on the way home.  Considering the money they just invested in RWS a few years back, I think it is a long shot. 

Note to the city councilman who is sponsoring this bill....The city of Buffalo is being governed by a control board.  Just maybe......you should consider working on a way for the city to take back control of their affairs instead of coming up with stadium proposals. :ph34r:

298043[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly.

Just when you think Buffalo has enough problems. :)

These guys are real pieces of work. :)

I've often felt that a downtown stadium with a "great lakes/niagara falls" theme would be pretty cool.  How about a giant waterfall in one of the endzones?  That would make a good TV backdrop.  Also a good way for the EZC to clean the stink off.  Time for TBD'ers to start designing.

298089[/snapback]

Instead of a swimming pool in left field like in The Bob, we could have a tobaggan run down the stairs from the top row.

Come on people, stop dreaming. Obviously this will never happen. And as far as the "NY got their stadium" argument, NYC has a lot more people than we can dream of....on a population basis, I bet buffalo got more for the ralph than NYC will for their stadium.

And as far as Baltimore, atlanta etc - those cities didn't rebuild around a stadium. They added in a stadium to cities that were doing pretty well as it is.

298101[/snapback]

So what color should it be?

298101[/snapback]

Negative Nancy!!!!!!!

Instead of a swimming pool in left field like in The Bob, we could have a tobaggan run down the stairs from the top row.

And in order to take a ride you have to make your way through a gauntlet of 50 guys throwing snowballs and another dozen waiting at the top to dive on you if you get too close.

That sounds strangely familiar. :ph34r:

So what color should it be?

:):):o

Negative Nancy!!!!!!!

you are right, I'm going to change my tune.

The stadium should be red and blue, with a big observation deck so you can see Niagara Falls on a clear day, or you can look down on the thousands of people waiting in line to get into bass pro shops.

I like the toboggan idea, but why not a real ski jump? We might as well build it now so we don't have to when Giambra gets the olympics to buffalo in a few years. The downhill was going to be at chestnut ridge, but the rope tow is closed so they may move it to emery park in east aurora. (anybody ever ski there? Pretty funny stuff).

anyway, I'm sorry for all of the negativity and I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW STADIUM!!!!