Reader

Considering moving to east coast (maybe Buffalo) from CA. What should I know/consider

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

My brother lives in Asheville, have friends in Cary NC (Cary = containment area for relocated yankees according to the locals.) Asheville consistently 8-10 degrees cooler in the summer which makes it livable to go outside. Parking in the city sucks. Micro-brew heaven if you like that. Plenty of local culture if not national. Heard something on the radio probably 15 years ago about the cities with the happiest women in the US. Asheville was one of the three mentioned.

Who the hell wants to go to a place where the women are already happy? 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Add all that and it won’t be cheap any more!

Certainly a lot of trade-offs. Suggestions welcome. 

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

My brother lives in Asheville, have friends in Cary NC (Cary = containment area for relocated yankees according to the locals.) Asheville consistently 8-10 degrees cooler in the summer which makes it livable to go outside. Parking in the city sucks. Micro-brew heaven if you like that. Plenty of local culture if not national. Heard something on the radio probably 15 years ago about the cities with the happiest women in the US. Asheville was one of the three mentioned.

The weather, breweries, dining, outdoors, cost are all very attractive. I live near two major cities so the amenities might be hard to give up.