Unidentified Buyer bid of $3.2 billion for Colts rejected (Irsay not looking to sell)

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, the Bills, with 86 million are now worth 2.75 billion?

And the Cowboys, at 420 million are worth....13.4 billion?

Yeah, that's not how it works... 

they're football teams.  they don't sell like normal companies.   even jerry jones said the cowboy weren't for sale but that he hypothetically might take 10 billion for the team.  these guys are selling their teams for crazy amounts so in fact...that is how it works. 

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

they're football teams.  they don't sell like normal companies.   even jerry jones said the cowboy weren't for sale but that he hypothetically might take 10 billion for the team.  these guys are selling their teams for crazy amounts so in fact...that is how it works. 

That's why you can't just multiply earnings to get the value.  There is no chance anyone is today, paying 13 billion for any NFL football team.  They wouldn't have to--even for the Cowboys, or Patriots, or Giants.......

By your estimate, the Raiders would be a far better option than the small market Colts---you could pick them up for only (32 X 28 million) 896 million!  Someone could offer Kroenke 960 million (32 X 30 million) for the Rams right now---a much better bargain!!

Plus, the operating margin is all over the place.  for 6 of the past 8 years the Colts operating income has been under 70 million.  You think a buyer would just look at their outlier year (2018) and use that for his bid?  Makes no sense by your own method of calculating current value (which would be over  2.1 billion based on their average profit over the past 8 years).

Owners who are not selling their teams can claim all the anonymous offers they want.  If you are an actual bidder, you won't make an offer unless you know the legitimacy of any other offer.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL this is almost certainly not true. "The Colts"  (i.e. Jim Irsay) said an anonymous bidder offered at least half a billion more than the team is worth--out of the blue....and he turns it down.

It's like he's trolling his own fans--"i'm not going anywhere!".

Dude, it was on twitter , has to be true. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you don't need the money and love being an owner I wouldn't either. Especially if money is no longer an issue n your life.

But 3.2 billion has to be about 75% over value so somebody really wants an NFL team

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You know he's good for it....

he sure is just follow the bankruptcy and inflated income trail

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's why you can't just multiply earnings to get the value.  There is no chance anyone is today, paying 13 billion for any NFL football team.  They wouldn't have to--even for the Cowboys, or Patriots, or Giants.......

By your estimate, the Raiders would be a far better option than the small market Colts---you could pick them up for only (32 X 28 million) 896 million!  Someone could offer Kroenke 960 million (32 X 30 million) for the Rams right now---a much better bargain!!

Plus, the operating margin is all over the place.  for 6 of the past 8 years the Colts operating income has been under 70 million.  You think a buyer would just look at their outlier year (2018) and use that for his bid?  Makes no sense by your own method of calculating current value (which would be over  2.1 billion based on their average profit over the past 8 years).

Owners who are not selling their teams can claim all the anonymous offers they want.  If you are an actual bidder, you won't make an offer unless you know the legitimacy of any other offer.

ok i'm not arguing anything here. i'm just stating facts.  if you want a team that isn't for sale you're gonna have to blow the doors off the owner with an offer.  you're not just gonna walk up and say hey forbes values the team at x amount of dollars lets do this. 

what is so hard to believe someone offered him 3.2 for the team? 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

ok i'm not arguing anything here. i'm just stating facts.  if you want a team that isn't for sale you're gonna have to blow the doors off the owner with an offer.  you're not just gonna walk up and say hey forbes values the team at x amount of dollars lets do this. 

what is so hard to believe someone offered him 3.2 for the team? 

There are better teams to pay that much for. 

Also, It's just too easy for Irsay, an unstable character, to drop this into social media at a time when his team is sudden in chaos. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

There are better teams to pay that much for. 

Also, It's just too easy for Irsay, an unstable character, to drop this into social media at a time when his team is sudden in chaos. 

it also may be easy for a person to throw him an offer knowing his team is in turmoil.  

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Irsay also doesn’t have to sell. He’s sitting on a team that has no debt and makes him 100 mil per year. He’s not in distress. 

Well...no owner has to sell.  So what?

just seems strange that he would put out that he turned down a massive,  record shattering pro team offer just so he could say he turned it down.  

Consider the source ...

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well...no owner has to sell.  So what?

just seems strange that he would put out that he turned down a massive,  record shattering pro team offer just so he could say he turned it down.  

Consider the source ...

Jesus Christ all I did was Give some info as to why the offer could be legit and we’ve gone down a rabbit hole. Now we’re just into hypotheticals.

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus Christ all I did was Give some info as to why the offer could be legit and we’ve gone down a rabbit hole. Now we’re just into hypotheticals.

Hey man,  you were the one who started this with a hypothetical....”32 times operating income”. I showed you why that didn’t make sense.  Then you switch to another hypothetical....s buyer would over pay exactly when the property is it’s most distressed.  

Hard to keep up with you that’s all...