CBS NFL Picks: Week 1

HOUSE

On 9/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, billsbackto81 said:

God I hope somebody posts these picks on a Jets message board. 

The responses would be comedic gold!

I would prefer the picks become comedic gold AFTER the game. Not real interested in Jets fans emotional state until Sunday evening.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

WRONG they brought in K Osmele at G and Ryan Kalil at Center.

Osemele > Spain

Kalil > Morse if Morse can't stay on the field.

Bell > Gore for that matter.

Try again .

This is funny. I know you are just hurling hyperbole and do not have anything to back it up, but I shall humor you.  Osemele actually graded out at a 53.7 last season. That’s actually only slightly better than a player the Jets lost off their OL, Spencer Long. Quintin Spain grades far better, at 62.3. 

You state Kalil being better than Morse if he can’t stay on the field. Yet neglect the fact that Kalil missed the entire 2017 season and ended his 2016 season on IR. Even more to the point, he still grades worse than Morse. In fact, his 63.6 is far more comparable to Quintin Spain than it is to Mitch Morse, who grades at a 68.2.

Bell hasn’t played in a year and a half and is playing behind a poorly graded OL and with a 2nd year QB who doesn’t have an all world receiver. Probably a big difference between that and the Pittsburgh Steelers OL, Antonio Brown, and Big Ben. 

To quote you, “try again”. And actually bring some facts this time please. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

LOL. Prisco picks the Bills on the main page. But when you click "Prisco's Picks" he says the Jets win by 1. Way to play both sides, Pete.

because you were on the spread page so he picked the Jets to win by one and the spread is the Jets-3.....reading comprehension with a bit of math thrown in

22 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

because you were on the spread page so he picked the Jets to win by one and the spread is the Jets-3.....reading comprehension with a bit of math thrown in

Look at it again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/pucks

Prisco picks Bills straight up and against the spread

Now look here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-week-1-picks-aaron-rodgers-and-packers-get-off-to-strong-start-on-road-jaguars-upset-chiefs/

Prisco says Jets by 1.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

uhmmmm. If you don't understand this then I'm not sure I can help you but I will try to again

The spread means Jets to win by three and Prisco has the Jets winning by 1.....Hence the Bills pick in thed vs the spread in you first link picking the Bills +3 would be a win, because they only lost by one.

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

uhmmmm. If you don't understand this then I'm not sure I can help you but I will try to again

The spread means Jets to win by three and Prisco has the Jets winning by 1.....Hence the Bills pick in thed vs the spread in you first link picking the Bills +3 would be a win, because they only lost by one.

Click on this link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks
It shows all of the CBS pundit's picks, including Prisco's, right?

Now look above their names, to the right of the words "EXPERT PICKS."  You'll see two oblong buttons with check marks. One says "against the spread," the other says "straight up."  This lets you to see what the picks are both ways.

Look at Prisco's pick against the spread. It's the Bills, right?  Now click the "straight up" and look at Prisco's pick...still says Bills.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

2/3 of all statistics are completely made up

Torture numbers and they'll admit to anything 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:04 AM, Bills2ref said:

GMFB is usually a friend to the Bills as well. They get a lot of love on that show, more than any other national media I have seen.

The Jets have neglected arguably the second most important part of the team, the offensive line. Their offensive line is nothing to write home about. 

^^^This. We've all seen first hand how valuable good OL play is--and how devastating the lack of it is, killing off drive after drive. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, Utah John said:

I think the Bills were a better team than the Jets last year and the Bills have done things to get better.  It sounds like the Jets have also addressed weaknesses, although I haven't been following the Jets closely.  Should be a good game.  

Well the Bills also had a better record than the Jets last year, so I think it's pretty clear we were better.