What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

Well, nice to see the Democrat smear machine is recycling discredited nonsense again...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rep-jim-jordan-accused-of-participating-in-osu-sexual-abuse-coverup-by-exwrestler-165329175.html

I'm sure that the timing of this rehashed smear has absolutely nothing to do with this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/11/jim-jordan-mark-meadows-congress-committees-113911

The left is nothing if not predictably stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

Three House Dems on Judiciary Committee hit with ethics allegations

</snip>

Rep. Madeline Dean of Pennsylvania, Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington, and Rep. Lucy McBath of Georgia all had ethics complaints filed against them by a watchdog nonprofit group on Wednesday. Americans for Public Trust asked for investigations as to whether the trio violated House rules and federal law.

“All three of these members have engaged in disturbing activities that appear to us to be violations of federal law and House rules. This is especially alarming given all three sit on the prestigious House Judiciary Committee, which has direct oversight responsibilities over the U.S. Department of Justice and, by extension, the nation’s law enforcement,” said Adam Laxalt, former Nevada attorney general and counsel to the group. “We’re calling on the Federal Election Commission and the Office of Congressional Ethics to immediately investigate these suspicious activities.”

The charges against Dean are that she used funds from one campaign, for lt. governor of PA, in another campaign, a race for Congress. The law says only funds for federal races can be used for other federal races. The PA race was not federal, thus violating FEC rules.

Jayapal is charged with soliciting campaign funds connected with performing an official duty. She did so in a C-SPAN broadcast on healthcare where she used the time given to her as a member of the House to ask for campaign donations. That is a clear violation of House rules.

McBeth allegedly worked for a gun control group up to and during her congressional campaign. She did not report that employment when filing her papers to run and thus was making campaign appearances while both a candidate and an employee of a gun control group. Her non-reported double dipping is against FEC rules.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

....a real shocker about another upstanding Dem.....along with this little tidbit:  "Sharpton himself owes New York state $806,875 and has federal liens for unpaid personal income taxes against him totaling $2.6 million, records show. The Harlem-based NAN owed $813,576 to the federal government at the end of 2012, according to the most recent filings for the group. Sharpton’s company, Rev-Al Communications, owes $447,826 to the state.."

Al Sharpton's 2004 campaign still owes $900K after failed presidential bid

Owes money more than 15 years after his 2004 campaign

Rev. Al Sharpton's unsuccessful presidential campaign had nearly $1 million in debt at the end of 2019 ⁠— more than 15 years after his 2004 presidential bid.

Sharpton's former campaign treasurer Andrew Rivera is responsible for paying off the $925,713.78 in debt.

"I have asked Andrew Rivera, the finance chair of my 2004 campaign, to set up a meeting with the Federal Election Commission so that I can resolve any campaign debts related to Sharpton 2004,” Sharpton told the New York Post. “I am willing to work out a settlement for all claims with my own money to the degree that I’m allowed and will raise money directly ... Even if I am not legally liable for it, I am certainly morally responsible.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/al-sharpton-campaign-debt-net-worth

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....a real shocker about another upstanding Dem.....along with this little tidbit:  "Sharpton himself owes New York state $806,875 and has federal liens for unpaid personal income taxes against him totaling $2.6 million, records show. The Harlem-based NAN owed $813,576 to the federal government at the end of 2012, according to the most recent filings for the group. Sharpton’s company, Rev-Al Communications, owes $447,826 to the state.."

Al Sharpton's 2004 campaign still owes $900K after failed presidential bid

Owes money more than 15 years after his 2004 campaign

Rev. Al Sharpton's unsuccessful presidential campaign had nearly $1 million in debt at the end of 2019 ⁠— more than 15 years after his 2004 presidential bid.

Sharpton's former campaign treasurer Andrew Rivera is responsible for paying off the $925,713.78 in debt.

"I have asked Andrew Rivera, the finance chair of my 2004 campaign, to set up a meeting with the Federal Election Commission so that I can resolve any campaign debts related to Sharpton 2004,” Sharpton told the New York Post. “I am willing to work out a settlement for all claims with my own money to the degree that I’m allowed and will raise money directly ... Even if I am not legally liable for it, I am certainly morally responsible.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/al-sharpton-campaign-debt-net-worth

What? You mean the crooked race-baiter, who doesn't like to pay takes with the money he rips off from poor people, hasn't paid his other debts yet?

I'm shocked! SHOCKED I TELLS YA!

• Haha (+1) 1

It isn't the call options and making money off them, that is fine. He may/may not have used insider info, the world will never know. It is the hypocrisy from good ole Nancy:

Nancy Pelosi discloses her husband spent $5.52 million on Amazon, Facebook stock

* Paul Pelosi, Senator Nancy Pelosi's husband, bought 3,000 shares of Amazon and 5,000 shares of Facebook in January, the Senator disclosed in a February filing.
* Paul Pelosi, who is a businessman and investor, used call options to buy the shares at prices below what the market was trading at that date, the filing shows.

</snip>

On the same day Paul Pelosi made the purchases, Senator Pelosi criticized Facebook for "schmoozing" with the Trump administration. "I think that they have been very abusive of the great opportunity that technology has given them," she said in a press conference, adding, "My thought about them is that all they want is their tax cuts and no antitrust action against them." 

"They intend to be accomplices for misleading the American people with money from god knows where," she said. 

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

Source: Democrat Senator Held Secret Meeting In Munich With Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif

FEBRUARY 17, 2020 By Mollie Hemingway

Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and other Democratic senators had a secret meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during the Munich Security Conference last week, according to a source briefed by the French delegation to the conference. Murphy’s office did not respond to repeated requests for comment by press time.

Such a meeting would mean Murphy had done the type of secret coordination with foreign leaders to potentially undermine the U.S. government that he accused Trump officials of doing as they prepared for Trump’s administration. In February 2017, Murphy demanded 

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Source: Democrat Senator Held Secret Meeting In Munich With Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif

FEBRUARY 17, 2020 By Mollie Hemingway

Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and other Democratic senators had a secret meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during the Munich Security Conference last week, according to a source briefed by the French delegation to the conference. Murphy’s office did not respond to repeated requests for comment by press time.

Such a meeting would mean Murphy had done the type of secret coordination with foreign leaders to potentially undermine the U.S. government that he accused Trump officials of doing as they prepared for Trump’s administration. In February 2017, Murphy demanded 

</snip>

This kindofshit is downright unpatriotic and borders on treason. Any thinking person knows that the senators are telling Iran that they don't agree with the president and our policy could once again become friendly to Iran. Logan Act violations anyone?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 2