Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Gotta say I disagree here. I didn’t find it consistently entertaining. He has some great punches but I lost interest as he drones on. I think he is a great writer but his delivery is not my favorite. 

It was good and the backlash seems overstated...  but the wild appreciation seems to likewise be a lot of pent up frustration and not necessarily a true reflection of the quality. 

It it wasn’t a bad set or anything. Just don’t think it deserves the extremely polar criticism or fawning 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

It was good and the backlash seems overstated...  but the wild appreciation seems to likewise be a lot of pent up frustration and not necessarily a true reflection of the quality. 

It it wasn’t a bad set or anything. Just don’t think it deserves the extremely polar criticism or fawning 

Well, yeah. A lot of the material he did doesn’t have a long shelf life. But e.g. the Juicy Smollett bit is ? commentary that the late night guys can’t or wouldn’t do.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Critics always have a hard time grading comedy because it's more subjective.  Plus, you only have seven opinions and they may need to up the sample size.

Joe Rogan said this actually started with five super woke critics and it was at 0%.  Then, they finally let the public vote and they went right to 99% 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, bbb said:

You're right.  I just checked and the it's up to 10 critics and the percent is down to 30%!  LOL  

they will lose their jobs if they support Chappelle

best line.... "but i'm not a *******"

• Like (+1) 1

heard that RT declared that only 5 critics would be allowed to judge it and they carried through with 0% support.

THEN they opened it to the unwashed and they gave it 99%

now the critics are open to a few more and they are somewhat allowed to approve

thanks for all this censorship, you are so out of touch....

12 hours ago, bbb said:

Joe Rogan said this actually started with five super woke critics and it was at 0%.  Then, they finally let the public vote and they went right to 99% 

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

heard that RT declared that only 5 critics would be allowed to judge it and they carried through with 0% support.

THEN they opened it to the unwashed and they gave it 99%

now the critics are open to a few more and they are somewhat allowed to approve

thanks for all this censorship, you are so out of touch....

Wait, where'd you hear that?