Bills Players Kneeling in End Zone

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree with you, but when an individual states they have a “special hatred” for fellow  American citizens exercising their legal rights, I tend to have an issue with that.  That individual needs to spend time examining why they have hatred toward another human who is doing no harm.  Maybe that’s just me...

i can handle the concept of third and fourth parties upset by something i have typed on here, sometimes intending or hoping to offend, i think most can.

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree with you, but when an individual states they have a “special hatred” for fellow  American citizens exercising their legal rights, I tend to have an issue with that.  That individual needs to spend time examining why they have hatred toward another human who is doing no harm.  Maybe that’s just me...

You are perfectly correct. So much so that long before this I removed that statement. If you knew me you would know that I misuse that statement and don't mean it in that actual context. I am actually pretty chill. You however do not know me and I put that out there to a bunch of people that had 0 context of who I am or how I would mean that. You could say it was more like a normal person saying "it really annoys me". I don't hate anyone.....maybe my ex wife :P.....so I am truly sorry that I stated it that way. 

It also annoys me when people stay seated during the anthem. It also annoys me when people don't put their hand over their heart or take off their hat or whatever. I was "brainwashed" since birth to show respect to the flag during the anthem by doing these things and it annoys me that others don't. I don't hate them. I don't want to hurt them. It just annoys me. Like nails on a chalkboard. I'll tell you what though. The next time a world war breaks out or a war breaks out where you need your freedoms defended, its the patriotism of those "brainwashed" volunteers that will be pushing them to put their lives on the line for you. I feel like so many people have forgotten that because their hasn't been a seriously devastating war on our own land in so long. 

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i can handle the concept of third and fourth parties upset by something i have typed on here, sometimes intending or hoping to offend, i think most can.

It appears by your response you currently have some sort of issue or another. But that’s okay, carry on.

15 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

There are two different things going on here. What I wish was true and what is true. 

What I wish was true: They knelt during the anthem and the minor protest shed a light on social injustice issues and brought more people to the cause

What is true: They protested during work hours on work property and during a time that caused more issues for their cause. 

Did I personally find it disrespectful? Yea. Do I find it disrespectful when someone next to me doesn't take off their hat or doesn't put their hand over their heart or doesn't stand up for the anthem? yeah i do. Do I go punch them in the face for it? Nope. That's their right. Did I think they should be rounded up and fired en masse a la Trump tweets. No. Did I think it was cool when I thought they might have found a cool compromise that would help their cause get more attention but without all the social drama. Yes. Silly enough, it was just players praying in the end zone anyway. So, moot point. 

FYI, now that we have moved into the politics zone I'm willing to talk again :P

The argument goes on and on.  This is an emotional issue for many folks, and like many emotional issues, logic and reasoning doesn't rule the day. 

I was speaking with my son about kapernick a while back.  His perspective was that he was being blackballed and that he deserved a job on an nfl team.  My perspective is that he made his choice, became a lightening rod, and is entitled to nothing whatsoever.  He asked me if my thoughts would change if kapernick came to WNY and lead the Bills to a SB, and seemed surprised when my answer was 'no'.  my issues largely center around protesting at work, before what amounts to a captive audience, on a football field made of $$$ while segregated from the masses.  i was particularly struck by his 'cops are pigs' angle, and that for me was the deal breaker.   

people are entitled to their opinions.  that's the beauty of the country.  

13 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

You are perfectly correct. So much so that long before this I removed that statement. If you knew me you would know that I misuse that statement and don't mean it in that actual context. I am actually pretty chill. You however do not know me and I put that out there to a bunch of people that had 0 context of who I am or how I would mean that. You could say it was more like a normal person saying "it really annoys me". I don't hate anyone.....maybe my ex wife :P.....so I am truly sorry that I stated it that way. 

I then am happy to see a miscommunication, and move on.

Go Bills!!!

10 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

It also annoys me when people stay seated during the anthem. It also annoys me when people don't put their hand over their heart or take off their hat or whatever. I was "brainwashed" since birth to show respect to the flag during the anthem by doing these things and it annoys me that others don't. I don't hate them. I don't want to hurt them. It just annoys me. Like nails on a chalkboard. I'll tell you what though. The next time a world war breaks out or a war breaks out where you need your freedoms defended, its the patriotism of those "brainwashed" volunteers that will be pushing them to put their lives on the line for you. I feel like so many people have forgotten that because their hasn't been a seriously devastating war on our own land in so long. 

That’s a bit over the top.

One does not need to be of that thinking to want to defend ones country. America is a great country, no doubt at all, but it does have its problems, just like all the individuals who make up America.

Semper Fi

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It appears by your response you currently have some sort of issue or another. But that’s okay, carry on.

keep in the shallow end, rookie

it's all good....

you have no game at all for here, lift weights, pray and take your vitamins and you will do fine.

actually you are going straight to the "ignore" jail for sucking on here

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This thread is f'd up and nothing more than the rehashed sweepings of other threads deposited in the dustpan of PPP. Seems to me that this discussion just might have been had here before.

they fell off the turnip truck this morn and can't believe it's all been said 1,000,000 times already

and it isn't even amusing or fun

Edited by row_33

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Were we due for another round of virtue signaling?  I should have checked my calendar.

how d-d-d-d-d-dare you let your resentful anger down, so that you have to ask this.

39 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It is that kind of language I would like to have disappear.

32 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Glad you did that

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This thread is f'd up and nothing more than the rehashed sweepings of other threads deposited in the dustpan of PPP. Seems to me that this discussion just might have been had here before.

Yup, people can’t separate the issue of allowing Kaepernick to express his opinion and allowing him to express his opinion using his employer’s platform.

Things that are different are not the same. 

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Yup, people can’t separate the issue of allowing Kaepernick to express his opinion and allowing him to express his opinion using his employer’s platform.

Things that are different are not the same. 

he is a lousy central casting choice to win over people..... 

4 hours ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling.

At first I thought it was the new protest. However, they didn't all kneel and stand up together. Their heads are down as if they are praying. Just wondering if anything was said about this and whether this is the new "kneel" strategy or whether this is just the more spiritual players praying before the game. I had never seen this at all last year. 

I also thought it was super cool that they came out to Skillet's new song Legendary. Sweet song that is kid friendly despite being hard rock. Oh and also I loved the new Buffalo Bills props that were all synced up blowing out smoke as the player ran out. That was pretty cool too. Glad to see they didn't plan on just keeping the same old intro for a decade ;).

Worst kickoff formation I've ever seen.  God, our special teams sucks.

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which is worse though, this one or the return play where they had the guy try to hide by lying down in the endzone? :lol: 

They, as in the Jets? 

Can’t have enough jokes about hiding TJ Graham by putting him on the playing field.

• Haha (+1) 1