*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

On 10/30/2021 at 3:46 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Tough loss in a shootout... 

On the plus , local standout Dylan McDuffie has finally gotten his shot and ran with it... Three straight hundred yard games and he seems like he's prime for a huge near next year 

Congrats

I wouldn't call it a tough loss. I'd call it an embarrassment. They might not win another game this year. But this is a throwaway year for Linguist. Let's see what he does with his own recruits and a full offseason.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wouldn't call it a tough loss. I'd call it an embarrassment. They might not win another game this year. But this is a throwaway year for Linguist. Let's see what he does with his own recruits and a full offseason.

I hear you.. I certainly always have high expectations within the Mac for the bulls

Certainly a disappointment but I'm not willing to call him a bust

On 11/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

If anyone cares: UB @ Miami OH Tuesday 7pm on ESPNU.

But if you get Big Ten Network, watch UB men's basketball @ Michigan on Wednesday!  

Watching the UB @ Miami game.  Van Trease turns the ball over.  One play later, Miami is up by 7.

13 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Watching the UB @ Miami game.  Van Trease turns the ball over.  One play later, Miami is up by 7.

This season has become a train wreck. I'm done with UB football for the year. Both the men's and women's basketball teams are favorites to win the MAC so watching them will be more enjoyable. This football season was a throwaway thanks to Lance Leipold anyway. 

FYI, if you get B1G Ten Network, #10 Michigan hosts the Bulls in Ann Arbor tonight. (Wed) A real measuring stick game for UB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

We are just the beginning stages of a dark time for UB football.  Its pretty clear, it was the wrong hire.  They needed someone with way more experience.

A dark time would be winning 2-3 games a year for a while 

The school is absolutely committed to football and they're not going to take much losing before they cut ties

There's still a long way before UB is in the bottom of the MAC talent wise

Edited by Buffalo716

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just read that Dylan McDuffie, or star RB from Sweet Home has entered the portal. QB Kyle Vantrese also entered. The UB program is unraveling.

Cole Snyder transferred to UB 

From what I've seen from his spring games..  and limited appearances 

He's probably going to be our starting quarterback

I like kvt.. but he's been on campus for 5 years and I honestly didn't even think he'd come back 

McDuffie and Michael Washington leaving Hurts our RB depth alot but Jackson paradis is the #1 player in NH and a tank of a back 

It's hard to expect any true freshman to contribute but he looks like he's built for it.. and there's always the transfer portal

We almost never have a poor running back at UB, let's hope they find a way

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just read that Dylan McDuffie, or star RB from Sweet Home has entered the portal. QB Kyle Vantrese also entered. The UB program is unraveling.

We did get a former 4 star CB as a transfer. But we're like his 5th or 6th team and I think it's his last year of eligibility. He's 6'2" and was with coach mo at Texas a&m

10 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We did get a former 4 star CB as a transfer. But we're like his 5th or 6th team and I think it's his last year of eligibility. He's 6'2" and was with coach mo at Texas a&m

Well a 6'2 corner with some pedigree sounds better than the 5'8 corners we trot out usually lol

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well a 6'2 corner with some pedigree sounds better than the 5'8 corners we trot out usually lol

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Blades-88047/TimelineEvents/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alligatorarmy.com/platform/amp/2021/10/12/22722190/elijah-blades-dismissed-florida-gators-news-notes-recruiting

Seems like an amazing talent. But makes some questionable decisions. He should be a very good corner for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

I know who Elijah blades is 

Former top juco defensive back prospect in the country.. Nebraska , A&M , Florida 

He seems like he has it all.. he should be able to shut down anybody in the MAC 

But that's if even wants to play football anymore.. he showed up at Florida for a month and quit

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cole Snyder transferred to UB 

From what I've seen from his spring games..  and limited appearances 

He's probably going to be our starting quarterback

I like kvt.. but he's been on campus for 5 years and I honestly didn't even think he'd come back 

McDuffie and Michael Washington leaving Hurts our RB depth alot but Jackson paradis is the #1 player in NH and a tank of a back 

It's hard to expect any true freshman to contribute but he looks like he's built for it.. and there's always the transfer portal

We almost never have a poor running back at UB, let's hope they find a way

Funny thing, I live in NH and never heard of the guy. But it's not surprising because prep schools are invisible. No one talks about them. No news coverage. They are in a bubble. I have no idea if prep football is good. I know NH high schools rarely produce D1 talent.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Funny thing, I live in NH and never heard of the guy. But it's not surprising because prep schools are invisible. No one talks about them. No news coverage. They are in a bubble. I have no idea if prep football is good. I know NH high schools rarely produce D1 talent.

Historically it does not produce much D1 talent 

So being the best player in the state might not always be something.. maybe it's only a D2 kid sometimes 

From limited stuff I've seen on him.. he's got the size and the stature... And he looks like he could be a hard tackle in the Mac 

Remember that tough little running back you liked from Ohio bobcats a couple years ago I think? 

That could be this kid's mold

• 3 weeks later...

UB had a pretty nice weekend. Some pretty good transfers ended up coming here.  Couple corners(one from Notre Dame), a finalist for fcs defensive player at Safety. Couple OL and a big WR transfer from Louisville. 

Not sure who the DC is gonna be after parting ways with Cauthen but our secondary should be very good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.