*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

On 3/3/2022 at 9:12 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The last round of conference changes showed me that UB is stuck in the MAC forever. Here you have Conference USA get gutted by two rival conferences, The AAC and Sun Belt, and rather than even consider UB they add doormats like New Mexico State and several FCS schools moving up. Neither of the AAC or Sun Belt even considered UB either.

Then you have two C-USA schools offered spots in the MAC; Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State. Both chose to stay on the sinking C-USA ship than join the MAC.

Besides the obvious problems of UB like stadium and attendance, the bigger problem is Buffalo itself. Pro sports town in the north. Not a college sports market. The northeast, outside of Syracuse, is considered a college sports dead zone.

So as long as UB is a D1 school it will always be a MAC school because no one else will have them.

Western Kentucky wanted to join the MAC badly, but the MAC wanted MTSU as their partner, and MTSU didn't want to join for some reason.  If Western finds a partner, that is suitable to the MAC powers that be, they'll jump ship in a heartbeat.  Not sure why MTSU didn't jump ship, but they didn't.  That would have been an awesome win for the MAC if it happened.  Western is an awesome fit.  IMO, Western will be in the MAC sooner or later.

The Sun Belt is now the premiere Group of 5 Conference.  The teams it already has like Coastal Carolina, App State, Louisiana, Troy, and soon adding James Madison, Marshall, Southern Miss, etc, coupled with the regional footprint they follow with an emphasis still on ticket sales and gameday atmosphere is a winner.  When all four new teams are officially in, they add quality, decent attendance, and facilities to an already solid league that was getting better.  And it's a Mid Atlantic/Southern league as well.  They are a clear winner of the Texas - Oklahoma move to the SEC.  I mean, JMU, as an FCS program has better facilities than most of the MAC schools already.

The MAC is better than C-USA.  Period.  There is no reason to jump to C-USA.  If any team has a beef about not being in a better conference, it's Liberty.  Liberty has ACC like facilities in every sport and a budget to match Power 5 schools.  But of course, politics get in the way of that.  Liberty would make the Sun Belt a Group of 5 SEC.

The AAC........they are still decent, but now irrelevant on a large landscape.  They need to accept their role, and make themselves better like the Sun Belt.  

As for UB, they really don't offer much.  They are cool in the MAC.  It's too far out of the way for anyone to really want to include them in something bigger.  I always thought that the best team or teams to jump ship in the MAC would be Toledo or Ohio.  But even them, really, where else do they fit?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maurice Linquist is on the hot seat he needs to get UB bowl eligibility or he should be fired. He torn down a back to back UB Bulls bowl teams. Drove off a lot of our star players under Lance Leipold. I think Maurice Linquist is a good recruiter but his in game decisions making are horrible. UB Bulls Offensive Coordinator Shane Montgomery I don’t even get why he wasn’t let go last year the UB offense was a disaster. I don’t think Rutgers QB Cole Snyder is the answer at QB from what I see so UB QB is a major weakness? After Maurice Linquist drove our back to back starting QB Kyle Vantrease away to Georgia in the Sun Belt Conference. I question a lot of what is going on there with Maurice Linquist this is a make or break year for Maurice Linquist in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

12 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Maurice Linquist is on the hot seat he needs to get UB bowl eligibility or he should be fired. He torn down a back to back UB Bulls bowl teams. Drove off a lot of our star players under Lance Leipold. I think Maurice Linquist is a good recruiter but his in game decisions making are horrible. UB Bulls Offensive Coordinator Shane Montgomery I don’t even get why he wasn’t let go last year the UB offense was a disaster. I don’t think Rutgers QB Cole Snyder is the answer at QB from what I see so UB QB is a major weakness? After Maurice Linquist drove our back to back starting QB Kyle Vantrease away to Georgia in the Sun Belt Conference. I question a lot of what is going on there with Maurice Linquist this is a make or break year for Maurice Linquist in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Lol, for heavens sake. You write the same stuff at ubfan.com. How on earth is a coach in his first REAL season on the hot seat??? (Don't forget Mo Linguist...it's LINGUIST, Not Linquist....came on board 100 days before the start of the 2021 season thanks to Lance Liepold skipping town for Kansas so late.)  Also Mo didn't drive Vantrease away. The competition did. Linguist wants to upgrade that position.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, for heavens sake. You write the same stuff at ubfan.com. How on earth is a coach in his first REAL season on the hot seat??? (Don't forget Mo Linguist...it's LINGUIST, Not Linquist....came on board 100 days before the start of the 2021 season thanks to Lance Liepold skipping town for Kansas so late.)  Also Mo didn't drive Vantrease away. The competition did. Linguist wants to upgrade that position.

Gonna be a great season 

true year #1 with a reloaded squad!

Horns up 🤘🤘

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/18/2022 at 1:09 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Some hot seat. <_<

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly expect UB to be A MAC East contender and will challenge for the Overall crown 

revamped defense with a offense in year 2

Could be.  Could be anything.  Every MAC school got ravaged by the portal. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/22/2022 at 4:38 PM, Back2Buff said:

I don't understand the Linguist extension.  At the end of the day, the college extension means really nothing.  If he is good, he will be gone, with or without, an extension.

I'll bet it increases his buyout. If Mo has a good year he could be gone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.