*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He wasn't even on the depth chart I found. I thought maybe he transferred. 

Has he been that bad in practice? Meyers seemed to have regressed and vantrease is very meh with out an elite running game. 

No he's a RS sophomore on the roster 

Had to learn a new system and is behind 2 experienced guys 

UB only lists the top 2 but I believe he is #3 ...  He was after spring ball... He's got a strong arm but not a lot of targets to throw to right now

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Look, I am telling you I am on the edge of being pleasantly surprised.

I think 7-5 is still a possibility and whoa nelly I have fantasies of 8-4.

I think the Bulls have shown they are capable of playing well. They just have to stop screwing themselves.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Look, I am telling you I am on the edge of being pleasantly surprised.

I think 7-5 is still a possibility and whoa nelly I have fantasies of 8-4.

This team ain't winning much with Vantrease at QB.  They have a gem in Q Williams, yet Vantrease will continually hold him back.

50 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This team ain't winning much with Vantrease at QB.  They have a gem in Q Williams, yet Vantrease will continually hold him back.

Vantrese went 6-1 last year, though we were primarily a running team. His problem this year is our gutted O-line. (Thanks again, Lance.) But I do think giving Myers a shot is worth doing.

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hard to believe Linguist has such long experience coaching DBs at the highest college and even pro levels. Because his DBs have looked absolutely clueless out there all night and no adjustments were ever made. 

This team is full of coaching issues and none of them have anything to do with being on the job short term.  So many simple errors over and over again. Not a good start to career for Mo

15 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hard to believe Linguist has such long experience coaching DBs at the highest college and even pro levels. Because his DBs have looked absolutely clueless out there all night and no adjustments were ever made. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

This team is full of coaching issues and none of them have anything to do with being on the job short term.  So many simple errors over and over again. Not a good start to career for Mo

Lance looked like a turd his first two years so I'm willing to give Mo a mulligan season, especially with the short offseason he had. This team can obviously score and make plays but they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Entertaining losses.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lance looked like a turd his first two years so I'm willing to give Mo a mulligan season, especially with the short offseason he had. This team can obviously score and make plays but they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Entertaining losses.

Absolutely. I’m not impatient so much as surprised that a coach with that acumen and background didn’t even try to make adjustments in his secondary yesterday. But I’m still solidly behind the hire and wanna give him all the time he needs. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Absolutely. I’m not impatient so much as surprised that a coach with that acumen and background didn’t even try to make adjustments in his secondary yesterday. But I’m still solidly behind the hire and wanna give him all the time he needs. 

I want to as a coach why DBs never look back for the ball?

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I want to as a coach why DBs never look back for the ball?

I played defensive back in college and coached it .. it really is the hardest position 

Especially with the way the rules have gone in the last 15 years

You'll see a lot more defensive backs play the ball in zone than in man... Wide receivers are so fast and agile now, that for most CBs in college.. not NFL quality ones.. while in man coverage they literally can't take their eye off the receiver for a second or they'll be cooked.. so they're trained to stay in the hip Pocket... And play the receiver's hands

Like Tre white style but not as good obviously... I'm not a fan of that technique.. but it seems to be the one that's most employed at the college level

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I played defensive back in college and coached it .. it really is the hardest position 

Especially with the way the rules have gone in the last 15 years

You'll see a lot more defensive backs play the ball in zone than in man... Wide receivers are so fast and agile now, that for most CBs in college.. not NFL quality ones.. while in man coverage they literally can't take their eye off the receiver for a second or they'll be cooked.. so they're trained to stay in the hip Pocket... And play the receiver's hands

Like Tre white style but not as good obviously... I'm not a fan of that technique.. but it seems to be the one that's most employed at the college level

It just looks like if they turned around they be able to make a play for the ball.

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It just looks like if they turned around they be able to make a play for the ball.

Absolutely... I think everybody yells at cbs to turn their head around and look for the ball 

Unfortunately, with the speed of the game I just know how hard it actually is... And UB is usually trotting out undersized CBs , who are already at a disadvantage fighting with bigger receivers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.