IG Report On Comey Is Now Out

3rdnlng

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It is.

And he wasn't prosecuted, which is so weird because one thing I distinctly remember being told is "just wait til the IG prosecutes all those crooked anti-Trump guys like Comey, Mccabe, etc."

You guys are funny. You'll go on talking about this forever despite the fact that he didn't do anything illegal. No classified information shared with the media.

Have fun :lol:

No one ever, ever, said the bolded ... Because an IG doesn't prosecute. Revisionist history is fun though. 

As is commenting on a report you clearly did not read for yourself. ;) Helps to be informed before commenting, my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

No one ever, ever, said the bolded ... Because an IG doesn't prosecute. Revisionist history is fun though. 

As is commenting on a report you clearly did not read for yourself. ;) Helps to be informed before commenting, my friend.

No one ever said that, huh?

Okay.

Seems you're getting stuck in stupid semantics.

Several of you have said that Comey and McCabe and the ilk would end up in jail because of illegal FISA warrants and what they've done trying to oust Trump and so on and so on.  I'm not searching for the specific posts if you deny it's happened.  I'm not wasting my time.  Just like I'm not wasting my time reading a 65 page report.

I have better things to do.

As "educated" as some of you apparently are over here, you guys seem to have severe tunnel vision and clearly suffer from massive confirmation bias

Comey did nothing illegal.  Despite Trump crying out that he leaked classified info--he didn't.

Case closed.

Onto McCabe, who also won't end up in jail, despite me being told otherwise.

By the way, Biden's still holding strongly onto that double digit lead among democratic candidates  :flirt:

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

WTF! Comey leaked because he wanted a Special Counsel to investigate COLLUSION not OBSTRUCTION! The so called obstruction occurred after Comey was gone, and Mueller found NO COLLUSION. Put this loser in prison!!

...think you have to give AG Barr time to methodically plod his way through the investigation with no salacious leaks along the way......BUT...be prepared for no matter how damning his investigation reveals and potential charges to be filed, the urinalists will dismiss it as a "political , partisan hack job as ORDERED by Trump"...stay tuned......Madcow, Williams (Juan & Brian), O''Donnell, Matthews and the rest of that "journalistic (COUGH)" ilk are already composin'......stay tuned.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

54 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Information concerning the President's foreign-policy decisionmaking" is a very big no-no.  That's easily an indictable offense.

Yup. 

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nobody in this rat invested government is gonna get charged with anything! Indictments are reserved solely for the private sector. Welcome to the Banana Republic of America!

I understand this opinion, and as I've said many times it's historically the safer bet to make. And make no mistake, if there are no prosecutions then being a Banana Republic is the least of our worries.

My suggestion would be to step back and look at the pattern forming in terms of official disclosures on what is without a doubt the biggest political scandal in our nation's history. This report today was never expected to produce indictments. In fact, a separate report on Comey leaking was not expected at all until about two months ago. So why a separate report and why drop it now?

It's setting the table. It's preparing the battlefield for what's to come. Through the MYE report, the McCabe report, and now the Comey report two things were proven beyond a doubt. First, that Comey was rightfully fired (taking the biggest obstruction claim away from Nadler/Schiff in the process by the way). Second, these reports taken together show the 7th floor of the FBI working together to circumvent the law for partisan political reasons. The OIG is clear in his report that there was personal political animus lurking behind the motivations of Comey and McCabe both -- but did not show said animus caused them to break the law in terms of leaking.

Just leaking. 

The FISA abuse is what's always been at the heart of this story. And evidence out there in open source today proves the law was broken numerous times by that same 7th floor cabal of FBI and DOJ personnel. When that report drops (September), that framing will be enough to justify charges on the biggest charges of them all (sedition). But even THAT report is limited to just the DOJ/FBI and has severe restrictions in terms of only being able to interview active agents and personnel. And, the DOJ-IG can't go into the weeds into the State Department's involvement (which is a huge component), or the CIA's (which is THE component). So while the FISA report will be damning, it will feed Durham's investigation which is where the real juice is. 

The OIG reports are being deployed in this fashion to frame what Durham will eventually reveal (what we have revealed here for the past three years). 

If Durham writes a report without indictments... then it's time to panic. Until then, this is trying to keep the focus on key parts of the story in preparation for what's to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No one ever said that, huh?

Okay.

Seems you're getting stuck in stupid semantics.

Nope. No one ever said that, and it's not stupid semantics. It's a knowledge and understanding of the way the system works. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Several of you have said that Comey and McCabe and the ilk would end up in jail because of illegal FISA warrants and what they've done trying to oust Trump and so on and so on.  I'm not searching for the specific posts if you deny it's happened.  I'm not wasting my time.  Just like I'm not wasting my time reading a 65 page report.

So... you won't read the report you're making definitive conclusions about? That's just lazy and ignorant. 

Had you read it, you'd understand this report is not about FISA abuse at all. It's about leaking. 

FISA is coming next. 

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As "educated" as some of you apparently are over here, you guys seem to have severe tunnel vision and clearly suffer from massive confirmation bias

Dude, you look like a giant ####### right now because you JUST admitted you didn't read the report, and won't read the report. That's not tunnel vision, my friend, that's being a useful idiot on an epic scale. 

You should feel really bad about crowing about your own ignorance. 

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Comey did nothing illegal.  Despite Trump crying out that he leaked classified info--he didn't.

Case closed.

Again, had you read the report you'd see the OIG referred Comey for prosecution because the OIG did say he broke the law. 

Barr declined to prosecute -- that's VERY different from what you're saying. And what you're saying, of course, is what you're parroting from other sources rather than thinking for yourself. That's sad, man. Real ***** sad. 

And you're bragging about it. That's even more sad. 

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Onto McCabe, who also won't end up in jail, despite me being told otherwise.

Betcha you're wrong. 

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

By the way, Biden's still holding strongly onto that double digit lead among democratic candidates  :flirt:

It's August of 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

....,there are some here who stray from the football side, display their ignorance, and should probably go back to the football side where they are marginal contributors at best......why flagellate thyself in an arena where you have no business being other than grandiose embarrassment?...just curious......

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....,there are some here who stray from the football side, display their ignorance, and should probably go back to the football side where they are marginal contributors at best......why flagellate thyself in an arena where you have no business being other than grandiose embarrassment?...just curious......

if they have the same brains for football they'll show up in a jersey #12 in a Pats home blue with "BILLS SUCK!!!" screened on and wonder why they are getting pelted with 8 beers in the first quarter

they are that clueless...

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Those points were met with furious objections from analysts who insisted that the memos were personal writings akin to diary entries. Legal expert and former FBI special agent Asha Rangappa said they constituted “personal recollections,” and Brookings Institution fellow and CNN legal analyst Susan Hennessey wrote that it is “hard to even understand the argument” for how his “memory about his conversation with the president qualifies as a record, even if he jotted it down while in his office.” 

Personal recollection and diaries are frequently classified.  Just one example: Admiral Charles Lockwood, Commander, Submarines, Pacific in WWII, was required to lie in certain parts of his memoirs about how Japanese convoys were tracked, rather than talk about US Navy codebreaking efforts against the Japanese.  

And that's just one example.  There's plenty of others.  Remember Sandy Berger pleading guilty to sneaking his own handwritten notes out of National Archives without submitting them for a security review?  Tom Clancy was investigated for things he made up seeming too true.

Rangappa isn't just wrong, but is demonstrating amply why she's a "former FBI special agent."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Honestly, I'm pissed! You charge someone with the charges you have NOW! You can always add charges later..

There is no longer even a semblance of equal justice!

Not in a conspiracy.  Look at mob prosecutions.