Wouldn't a "helmet cam" for every QB be a great way to watch the game (replays, etc)

18 hours ago, Marv Levy said:

I like the idea but only for replays or a small split screen in the bottom or something for a short time. A whole game wouldn't be to good I'm thinking. The NHL has the "Ref Cam" on their helmets sometimes but they only use it sparingly and not in many games.

When is the NFL going to put a camera on the endzone pylon perpendicular to the goal line so Refs, and fans can confirm the player "broke the plane"? I swear everytime they have the replay there its always at some funky angle or not a good view to make the correct call. Cmon, NFL, its not that difficult right?!

https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/technology/nfl-pylon-cameras/

started a few years ago. Not league wide yet.

18 hours ago, Marv Levy said:

I like the idea but only for replays or a small split screen in the bottom or something for a short time. A whole game wouldn't be to good I'm thinking. The NHL has the "Ref Cam" on their helmets sometimes but they only use it sparingly and not in many games.

When is the NFL going to put a camera on the endzone pylon perpendicular to the goal line so Refs, and fans can confirm the player "broke the plane"? I swear everytime they have the replay there its always at some funky angle or not a good view to make the correct call. Cmon, NFL, its not that difficult right?!

Also - get rid of that touchback rule on the goalline.  You give the defense a distinct benefit to almost knock the ball out of the endzone instead of attempting to recover it(i know this is technically a penalty, but if it doesn't look obvious it won't get called).  Call it an "illegal advance" and make it 1st and goal from the 10 or something.  Plus it wouldn't be as big of a game changer when a guy dives for the pylon (one of the more exciting plays in football), and is slightly bobbling it as he touches the pylon.

19 hours ago, Marv Levy said:

You always were a smart cookie, Marv. ;)

Maybe as camera tech gets better, but I've seen this view before and it isnt as cool as I'd hoped. As others have mentioned, too jerky. But also, doesnt really give a wide angle view. You end up not seeing much.

My FAVORITE view is still the SkyCam floating camera, right behind the QB. Pretty much the "Madden View". Gives a wide shot of the whole field.

Like this:

5a33e9f4b0bcd584188b5083-960-471.jpg

It could enhance TV coverage a bit, but I'm guessing only on a limited number of plays would it prove to be really useful.  They'll need to be able to encrypt the signal at Gillette Stadium.

Edited by TigerJ