Wouldn't a "helmet cam" for every QB be a great way to watch the game (replays, etc)

I'm thinking the NFL needs to embed tiny helmet cameras in the face mask of every QB so that we get a wide angle of exactly what quarterbacks see when a play is going on.  The NFL often points out when a receiver is running uncovered and will frequently replay it.  I think it would be so cool to see what the QB sees (over linemen, to the sidelines, etc).  Would be cool to see the pressure coming up the middle with some sound.

• Like (+1) 3

I like the idea but only for replays or a small split screen in the bottom or something for a short time. A whole game wouldn't be to good I'm thinking. The NHL has the "Ref Cam" on their helmets sometimes but they only use it sparingly and not in many games.

When is the NFL going to put a camera on the endzone pylon perpendicular to the goal line so Refs, and fans can confirm the player "broke the plane"? I swear everytime they have the replay there its always at some funky angle or not a good view to make the correct call. Cmon, NFL, its not that difficult right?!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think a helmet cam  would be marginal, too jerky and moving around , probably get motion sickness watching it..  QBs look with their eyes anyway, 

This is what I’m thinking.  

The catchers cam in baseball, it still gives a slight walleye vision and anyone more than 50 feet away looks tiny.  The view just wouldn’t be good.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think a helmet cam  would be marginal, too jerky and moving around , probably get motion sickness watching it..  QBs look with their eyes anyway, 

Agree.  Watched some baseball with a camera on the facemask.  Too jerky to watch for long.

They should have built in helmet cams on all players for every conceivable angle

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My work is trying to make it so that we have to wear a very small camera on our shoulder. Our union will NEVER allow this so I vote no for any camera attached to a player.

Unfortunately its inevitability of our future.. Every single thing will be on camera 24/7. There will be no escape until we invent cloaking devices. But to set your mind at ease regarding your employer, they'll be mounted to the robots doing your job

Edited by ddaryl

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

They should have built in helmet cams on all players for every conceivable angle

Unfortunately its inevitability of our future.. Every single thing will be on camera 24/7. There will be no escape until we invent cloaking devices. But to set your mind at ease regarding your employer, they'll be mounted to the robots doing your job

They won't have the technology for robots doing my job until maybe 2100.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They won't have the technology for robots doing my job until maybe 2100.

Yeah I'm good for awhile too as a maintenance technician. Until those ***** figure out how to fix themselves.. I will also be retired in aboot 8 years, Eh!