Dumb As Dirt - Too stupid to be drafted

Guest BackInDaDay
For some reason, offensive linemen traditionally have the highest average Wonderlic scores among all other positions. Anyone know why that might be?

294324[/snapback]

They're usually very large, intimidating fellows, repulsive to most women and therefore seldom invited out.

Splitting their time equally between masturbation, devouring buckets of fast foods, and watching the hot anchorwomen on CNN, they channel their sexual frustrations and resentments into anger, girth, and an above normal awareness of the world around them.

That's for all my old OL buddies. :angry:

I think he just answered your question LA.... :)

294631[/snapback]

In a roundabout way, I guess. Frankly, I was surprised to see how stupid the questions are. On the other hand, what was not explained is exactly how many questions there are on the test and exactly how much time they have to answer them. They could be the simplest questions in the world, but if there are 100 questions and you have 10 minutes to answer them, you know the test won't get finished, etc.

That's probably a bunch of crap, but nonetheless I find it hard to believe that THOSE are the questions and these guys still get a bunch of them wrong. Alternately, I've also been amazed how many people here have a hard time completing a full sentence and yet figured out how to access the internet.

In a roundabout way, I guess. Frankly, I was surprised to see how stupid the questions are. On the other hand, what was not explained is exactly how many questions there are on the test and exactly how much time they have to answer them. They could be the simplest questions in the world, but if there are 100 questions and you have 10 minutes to answer them, you know the test won't get finished, etc.

That's probably a bunch of crap, but nonetheless I find it hard to believe that THOSE are the questions and these guys still get a bunch of them wrong. Alternately, I've also been amazed how many people here have a hard time completing a full sentence and yet figured out how to access the internet.

294634[/snapback]

Its 50 questions, each progressively harder that need to be answered in 12 minutes. Only 1 person in NFL history scored a perfect 50- Harvard graduate and Bengal Punter Pat Mcinally. What blows my mind is many of those questions are multiple choice and you are not penalized for wrong answers. Frankly anyone that scores a 6 on a wonderlic is illiterate. Hell I just scored a 15 on that ESPN wonderlic and that test did not take me 2 minutes

They're usually very large, intimidating fellows, repulsive to most women and therefore seldom invited out. 

Splitting their time equally between masturbation, devouring buckets of fast foods, and watching the hot anchorwomen on CNN, they channel their sexual frustrations and resentments into anger, girth, and an above normal awareness of the world around them. 

That's for all my old OL buddies.  :)

294355[/snapback]

That's awesome!

Although, I usually watch MSNBC.

Three questions come to mind when wondering about college players that score poorly on the wonderlic....

1. How the heck did they stay academically eligible throughout college?

2. How do they understand complex NFL offensive & defensive schemes?

3. Is there a correlation between "bad" character players and players who score poorly on this test?

Frank Gore RB 6

Cedrick Williams CB 8

Mike Patterson DT 9

Lamont Reid CB 9

Eric Moore DE 9

Mike Mongomery DE 9

Chris Henry WR 9

Roscoe Parish WR 10

Travis Daniels CB 10

Howard Gilmore WR 10

294087[/snapback]

Frankly, I'd love to see the Wonderlic made a requirement for TSW regisration.

How about this topic thread:

"Dumb As Dirt - Too stupid to post, Wonderlic scores" :):doh:

IT'S LITTLE WONDER

With the draft rapidly approaching, the controversial Wonderlic test is once again in the news.

While the amount of weight given to Wonderlic results varies from team to team, Giants director of counseling services Dr. Joel Goldberg doesn't like the test one bit - at least for football players.

"I don't think it's necessarily used well by the NFL," Goldberg told The Post. "I've still never seen a validation study that correlates success on that test to success in the NFL."

Goldberg continued to point out that most football learning is accomplished through repetition and has nothing to do with the cognitive skills that are measured by the Wonderlic.

"That doesn't show how well someone will perform on a football field or how quickly they'll learn," he said. "I wouldn't pay any mind whatsoever to the results."

For those interested in the results, the only confirmed perfect score of 50 was posted in the late '70s by former Bengals punter/receiver Pat McInally, who - no surprise here - attended Harvard.

However, one only has to look at 49ers star linebacker Julian Peterson, who only scored a five out of 50, to see that the results don't always correlate to NFL success.

Among the locals, Tiki Barber (30) and Michael Strahan (28) fared very well, while Jets counterparts Curtis Martin (18) and John Abraham (16) had a more difficult time with the Wonderlic.

Tom Brady (33) and Ricky Williams (30) both scored pretty well on the test, while new Giants receiver Plaxico Burress posted only a 15.

Interesting little blurb from the NY Post. Curtis Martin seems like one of the smartest running backs I have ever watched, as a football player. He got an 18. Julian Peterson got a 5. Rickey Williams a 30. Hmmmm...