US birth rate: 30 year low

20 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Abortion isn’t something to celebrate. If you want it to be legal, so be it. But let’s not be happy about it. 

The Left sees abortion as just an extension of birth control. As long as they view it that way anything up to birth is just that.

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Left sees abortion as just an extension of birth control. As long as they view it that way anything up to birth is just that.

You can quote the looney left tweets but I’ve never known a woman who had an abortion, or had an unwanted pregnancy, who would compare weighing an abortion to taking the pill. It’s not an easy decision for women. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You can quote the looney left tweets but I’ve never known a woman who had an abortion, or had an unwanted pregnancy, who would compare weighing an abortion to taking the pill. It’s not an easy decision for women. 

Therein lies the contradiction imo, why is it a hard decision if they dont view the baby as alive?

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Therein lies the contradiction imo, why is it a hard decision if they dont view the baby as alive?

I don’t believe that most thoughtful women going through the decision view it as dispassionately as some people argue. 

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Why is it a hard decision to decide if you want to raise a child for 18 years? 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don’t believe that most thoughtful women going through the decision view it as dispassionately as some people argue. 

These are the same people that wanted to take people's health insurance away. As if they give a fig about life. And be sure and drive those dirty migrants away and back to oppression and fear and violence

3 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I am not saying that, but why else would it be a difficult decision? 

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I am not saying that, but why else would it be a difficult decision? 

Of course it’s a difficult decision to stop the potential life within. No woman I’ve known who has talked about it treated it as lightly as the morons who Tweet about it like to portray. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Of course it’s a difficult decision to stop the potential life within. No woman I’ve known who has talked about it treated it as lightly as the morons who Tweet about it like to portray. 

How is it potential life? (Honest questions here hoping to have an open dialogue) You arent stopping anything if its not alive, so any stopping would then mean it was living no?

On a side note, were there any reasons for the women you know to have had these to not have had/used contraception?

34 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

How is it potential life? (Honest questions here hoping to have an open dialogue) You arent stopping anything if its not alive, so any stopping would then mean it was living no?

The woman I am thinking of the most was plagued by her belief that she had life within her. Which I’m sure many women feel. 

34 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

On a side note, were there any reasons for the women you know to have had these to not have had/used contraception?

She did. 

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The woman I am thinking of the most was plagued by her belief that she had life within her. Which I’m sure many women feel. 

She did. 

Point 1 - This is the crux of the argument for the pro-life people, so even if she wasnt of that belief it would certainly be a tough decision to make. Also, this would back up your point earlier about how an abortion should not be celebrated, which I agree with.

Point 2 - was hoping for a little bit more information on this one from you but will follow that up with another question, was it an access issue, affordability, personal choice, religious choice? I tend to find those as the reasons for not, but there are probably more I am not thinking of. Regardless, I would hope that improving access, affordability, (education for personal choice) would help reduce the number that are performed, and ideally eliminate the need for any.