Best Team since when?

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Star players? I think we have the only ‘Star’ player in Lotulelei. Also think you’re conveniently omitting Tre White, Mitch Morse, Jerry Hughes, Houscka, Roberts, Hyde & Poyer to further your claim. Individually, our Safety’s likely aren’t in any analysts top 5, but as a tandem, they are widely considered as such. They may be their own worst enemies in getting any national cred, given how well they play 2 different positions under the same name. Would any team Not want any of these these guys? If you answer ‘no’, then they’re League stars.

I guess I omitted Mario Williams(All Pro), Dareus(All Pro), Kyle Williams(Pro Bowl), Hughes(back2back 10 sack seasons), Gilmore, Darby, Watkins, McCoy, Woods, Clay, Glenn, Wood, Harvin, Incognito etc..........that's a lot of star power at the time.........a lot of REAL hardware owners before and since and top 2 round picks...........I mean for fuxake Charles Clay was voted the 89th best player in the NFL the offseason that he joined the Bills.:lol:

Hauschka.......GTFOH.:doh:

You are crazy if you think this roster has the star power of that group.   It's a RIDICULOUS comparison.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

Hard to say...they may need one more year of seasoning with the young QB like the old Bills did under Kelly before everything clicks into place...

I think the most likely scenario this year is probably somewhere between 8-10 wins...if Allen is really good possibly 11...

I'm expecting them to be even better in 2020.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess I omitted Mario Williams(All Pro), Dareus(All Pro), Kyle Williams(Pro Bowl), Hughes(back2back 10 sack seasons), Gilmore, Darby Watkins, Woods, Clay, Glenn, Wood, Harvin, Incognito etc..........that's a lot of star power at the time.........a lot of REAL hardware owners before and since and top 2 round picks...........I mean for fuxake Charles Clay was voted the 89th best player in the NFL the offseason that he joined the Bills.:lol:

Hauschka.......GFTOH.:doh:

You are crazy if you think this roster has the star power of that group.   It's a RIDICULOUS comparison.

Agree. This roster is the most talented we have had since McDermott arrived and it will almost certainly be the youngest we have had since he arrived as they finally start to replace veteran placeholders with younger pieces. But it is still in the "up and coming" phase for me rather than the established stars. Tre White is the closest we have on this roster, he is borderline elite at his position. I can take arguments that Hughes is around top 10 or so as a defensive end but actually his production doesn't quite marry up with that and likewise there is a strong case for Hyde as a top 10 safety and Morse as a top 10 center. But that is about your lot.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hard to say...they may need one more year of seasoning with the young QB like the old Bills did under Kelly before everything clicks into place...

I think the most likely scenario this year is probably somewhere between 8-10 wins...if Allen is really good possibly 11...

I'm expecting them to be even better in 2020.

So am I matter. I think they could win 10 or 11 games this year because the schedule is pretty favourable and they have improved but I don't see them as real contenders for anything yet. One more year of building, seasoning, and development from Josh and while their record might not take another big jump in 2020 their actual chances of being a dark horse contender could.

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We have 1 blue chip player (White), a couple guys just below that level (Hyde, Hughes) and some very interesting young players (Allen, Edmunds, Oliver).  Other than that it's a roster full of very solid role players or huge question marks.

Frankly I don't see what some see where they think we are a piece or two away from Super Bowl contention and we are getting hated on nationally.  Seems like national perception is pretty spot on, it's pretty widely recognized McBeane seem to be doing a pretty solid job of adding "blue collar" guys who put the work in and are capable of being better than the sum of the parts, but still need a lot of things to go right to make a playoff appearance.

I think it's entirely possible we are a much improved team but don't catch some breaks and end up back at 6-10 again.

I think you are underrating the roster a little bit. There is some projection though with the young guys. The bottom line is it is all about Allen, if he is legit this will be a 10 win team. We have two blue chip guys (White and Morse), a bunch of really good starters (Hyde, Poyer, Hughes, Alexander, McCoy, and Brown), some young guys with potential to be blue chip guys (Allen, Edmunds, Oliver), and some young guys who could be really good starters (Wallace, Foster, Ford, Dawkins, Knox, Singletary). This team doesn't have a hole on the roster and has good depth throughout, that goes a long way in the NFL with the amount of injuries each team faces. Less than 10 wins would be dissappointing this year with this group imo.