No Masters thread??!!

eball

Just now, KD in CA said:

Lotta people danced on his grave when he was ranked 700th or whatever a couple years ago.

Many feel like a big man telling us an athlete is finished

i just watch and hope for greatness, not feeling ripped off, never for my ego

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The first time round I ran an office pool for the US Majors and it was just pick ten golfers and the best four, making the cut, win  the $

firm partners mostly refused to pick Woods, even after 6 majors, just a bunch of surly racist jackasses

Thanks for your $50 and refusing to pick Tiger...

I went to a golf auctions with a bunch of country club investment bankers one time....you bid cash from your pool on groups of players.  Tiger of course was his own group!

Just now, KD in CA said:

I went to a golf auctions with a bunch of country club investment bankers one time....you bid cash from your pool on groups of players.  Tiger of course was his own group!

For a few years we kept Gretzky off the NHL playoff pool because it was assumed everyone would take him, I thought by his 6th major everyone would pick Tiger for their top ten, but nope....

I’d open the selections in shock and laughter as they refused to take him.

Just now, Needle said:

Woods win is as inspiring/amazing as anything else we have ever seen in sports. 

You have to be a really miserable person to not feel anything positive for him today.

That was better than Jack in 86, one of the greatest personal achievements, both men, in sports 

never give up!!

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well, I cried 

Understood

most women in my life still despise him...

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

For a few years we kept Gretzky off the NHL playoff pool because it was assumed everyone would take him, I thought by his 6th major everyone would pick Tiger for their top ten, but nope....

I’d open the selections in shock and laughter as they refused to take him.

One guy bet 85K on Tiger and was VERY fortunate...

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/4/14/18310445/tiger-woods-wins-masters-betting-odds-william-hill

I won 10 bucks betting that he would wear the red shirt, black cap, black pants - I’m happy.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

That was better than Jack in 86, one of the greatest personal achievements, both men, in sports 

never give up!!

Understood

most women in my life still despise him...

Man that is a tough call on Jack's win vs Tiger's. I can't pick one over the other. 

Ali over Foreman might be #1

US hockey winning gold in Lake Placid

Foreman winning the heavyweight title again against Michael Moorer

Who doesn't root for these moments?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Needle said:

Man that is a tough call on Jack's win vs Tiger's. I can't pick one over the other. 

I’m almost ready to compare it with ‘The Miracle on Ice’ (but not quite)

12 minutes ago, Needle said:

Yup

1 hour ago, Needle said:

Choosing to rank them is where we go wrong. Why can’t we just sit back and enjoy them the rare moments when they do happen. 

As for for the people who can’t enjoy this one, I just feel sorry for them. They missed out on a great moment. But hey, that’s their choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, shrader said:

Choosing to rank them is where we go wrong. Why can’t we just sit back and enjoy them the rare moments when they do happen. 

As for for the people who can’t enjoy this one, I just feel sorry for them. They missed out on a great moment. But hey, that’s their choice. 

If you venture into the internet you probably will find someone with a different opinion.

Was a wonderful Masters. So many compelling moments. What I ponder now is Tiger in terms of on the course accomplishments is certainly Arnies, Jacks , Gary’s equal. In the years ahead will Tiger like these men in character and giving back to the game , grow and learn from the past misfortunes and arguably misdeeds , take his place along side them as people not just golfers? 

3 minutes ago, millbank said:

Was a wonderful Masters. So many compelling moments. What I ponder now is Tiger in terms of on the course accomplishments is certainly Arnies, Jacks , Gary’s equal. In the years ahead will Tiger like these men in character and giving back to the game , grow and learn from the past misfortunes and arguably misdeeds , take his place along side them as people not just golfers? 

He seems more human than before, but the wall he had to build the first time was never required for the others.  Times change.

his interviews were open, I liked the question on what irons he used to each green and he easily stated them, probably can recall every shot he has taken in his career.

---------------------------

and in comparison to 1986, the revision is made that Jack was a cuddly lovable man, in fact he was a cold machine that was despised by most fans just for who he was and projected, Tom Watson was the people's choice by a million-fold for those duels, Tom broke our hearts on at least 5 major showdowns, even recently...  :(

Tiger has come back from the phony shunning he took for his selfish personal choices, there is no bigger bunch of hypocrites than rich golfers... and the injuries he had to fight back from.  Good thing he is all about himself and didn't listen to the billions telling him he was through and mocking him the last attempts at comeback.