Thoughts on new Oline?

dayman

On 4/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Georgie said:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse,Feliciano and Waddle/Nsechke. Bodine and Long provide experienced interior depth, in case Morse gets hurt. Bills  liked Sirles enough to  re-sign him. Teller got some reps but ideally would have been on the PS. McDermott and Boettger are PS material. Cant believe Ducasse is still around. i can see them drafting depth for the future.

That sounds about right.  Sirles and Teller have strong shots of making roster.  We are keeping no more than 9 OL(8 most likely).  Is Beane going to trade some lineman?  Tis the season

With who were picked up, I see a power run game with play action being the brunt of the offense. Spain and Feliciano are maulers at the guard positions. With Dawkins, Morse and Nsekhe better in pass blocking. They compliment each others deficiencies. We'll probably see a good dose of those 5 in preseason to see how they blend together. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:27 AM, Virgil said:

I feel like we are now completely set at 4 of the positions.  We have an option at RT, but I think that's the only spot left for them to bring in competition.  I wouldn't be shocked if they went OT at 9 still.  Either way, it's infinitely better than it was before

Personally, I think the Bills are more settled at the RT spot than at one of the guard spots.  I think Nsekhe starts and I think we'll be pretty happy with his play.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:14 AM, dayman said:

Can you guys help me think through the line? Los of topics about improvements which I agree with b/c we got a bunch of new guys but looking through the wiki for each quickly (since I'm not that familiar with them)...isn't the center the only one guy that's unambiguous starting quality guy? So him plus Dawkins leaving us with 2 confirmed solid Olineman? 

The Center position to me is as important as the LT, if you have a bad communicating C your O-Line is going to suffer, Morse is a major upgrade at the position. I think Dawkins will have a bounce back season from last playing with better talent alongside of him. LG Quinton Spain is another huge upgrade especially in the passing department, he also comes with a nastiness that we've been lacking for quite some time imo. Were still imo weak at RG and RT as all those guys signed for those spots and drafted so far have yet to be full time starters or proven players which makes those positions weak until we see more.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think ngsecki is going to start out at rt and they are going to give Dawkins every opportunity to stay st lt

I misspoke, btw- I meant Dawkins to LT, and it does go under the heading of "bold prediction." But, I suspect that McD will try a lot of different O-line combinations in preseason (as, IIRC, he did last year), and that Nsekhe will excel at LT. We know, ostensibly, that Dawkins is a talented linesman, but poor on the right side (as is Nsekhe) and was sold as a guard in the draft. Doc pointed out earlier that Spain has played the bulk of his career on the left side. Perhaps he is an unknown quantity on the right. Either way, we seem to be fairly stacked at talent on the left, with a lot of unknowns on the right. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I misspoke, btw- I meant Dawkins to LT, and it does go under the heading of "bold prediction." But, I suspect that McD will try a lot of different O-line combinations in preseason (as, IIRC, he did last year), and that Nsekhe will excel at LT. We know, ostensibly, that Dawkins is a talented linesman, but poor on the right side (as is Nsekhe) and was sold as a guard in the draft. Doc pointed out earlier that Spain has played the bulk of his career on the left side. Perhaps he is an unknown quantity on the right. Either way, we seem to be fairly stacked at talent on the left, with a lot of unknowns on the right. 

I think Ng plays the right because he can......and I hope that a RT is drafted that can be groomed.

• Like (+1) 1