The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

Nadler's post hearing press conference begins with him saying Barr mislead the public twice about the report. 

Question: how does he know this considering he has refused to read the full report? 

And how does one mislead the public about a report which has been made public for three weeks? 

Nadler is a clown. 

Nadler says it'll be a civil contempt, not criminal. 

(so it'll never be taken seriously, this is all a show before the IG report. nothing more)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shhh: (The real constitutional crisis at play here is how one administration weaponized the vast powers of our surveillance state to spy on its political opposition... but Nadler doesn't want to talk about that. He wants to PROJECT and LIE about this issue instead.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i believe there is no consensus on that. Barr clearly disagreed with several of Mueller's legal reasoning's. additionally, Mueller was given a mandate that specifically allowed him to make a decision and the Justice Department clearly indicated he could make a decision. quite telling that he chose not to.

No, the reason he didn't indict is because of DOJ policy. You wouldn't have known that listening to Barr or Trump lie about the report 

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why is the President trying to obscure in any way a document that so clearly exonerates him of any wrongdoing?  If I had control over the release of an investigative document that stated that I had done nothing wrong, I know I would not try to block it.  

I understand the offer to view the document but then not speak of it any more, and agree that it is rightfully unacceptable to the Dems.  I also know about the grand jury testimony but we all also know that is not insurmountable if transparency was the DOJ's goal.   The goal instead is to hold back as much as possible.  That is not the action that would be taken if all the information was exonerating, is it now?

Bob, it's  the old adage "It's not your innocence, it's that you had the audacity to fight back"  that comes to mind here. 

I think most observers who follow this sort of thing would say you never, ever volunteer anything, and you never assume that just because you're innocent that  your political enemies won't try to gut you like a fish.   The reality is that that no one would cooperate, innocent or guilty.  You don't prove your innocence by being submissive to your enemy.  

I am 100% on board with executive privilege and declining to voluntarily assist the jackals withh anything. F 'em. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why is the President trying to obscure in any way a document

Just to be clear: the document was released to the public with redactions such as required by law, and that's "obscuration?"

Someone tell me again pot is harmless...  :rolleyes:

Your daily VDH.......................

Progressives Face a Bleak Post-Mueller Landscape
by Victor Davis Hanson

Original Article

Democrats have grown infuriated by Attorney General William Barr's indifference to their hysteria over the Trump-Russia collusion narrative.

Barr recently released a brief summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's conclusions that Donald Trump did not collude with the Russians to warp the 2016 election. Barr added that Mueller had not found enough evidence to recommend that Trump be indicted for obstruction of justice for the non-crime of collusion.

Progressives, who for 22 months had insisted that Trump was a Russian asset, were stunned. But only for a few hours.

Almost immediately, they redirected their fury toward Barr's summation of the Mueller report. Yet few rational people contested Barr's synopses about collusion and obstruction.

{snip}

So what really explains the furor now directed at Barr?

One, progressives are terrified that a number of Trump's critics -- Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe -- may soon be indicted. They apparently seek to preempt such indictments by attacking Barr, a seemingly no-nonsense prosecutor who will likely follow up on any criminal referrals from any inspector general that reach his desk.

Two, the 2020 progressive agenda -- whether defined as the Green New Deal, a wealth tax, Medicare for All or open borders -- will not compete well with Trump's currently booming economy. Impeaching Trump for collusion and obstruction is seen by progressives as the best (or perhaps only) way to return to power. That effort so far is failing, causing even more hysteria.

Three, the Mueller investigation is over, finished after 22 months, $34 million and a 448-page, two-volume report.

There will be no indictments of Trump for either collusion or the obstruction of justice during the investigation of that non-crime. So now what?

Since late 2015, Trump, as the supposed Russian puppet or the Machiavellian obstructer of justice, was nightly cable-TV news fare. Now, such fantasies are shattered. But progressives are not willing to let the Mueller investigation rest in peace and move on with their lives.

Perhaps they feel in the political sense that there is nothing to move on to.

And they are probably right.

• Like (+1) 1

funny how the diversity of the internet has made the mainstream media way more rabid and partisan than when they held a monopoly on TV and radio and print.

22 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why is the President trying to obscure in any way a document that so clearly exonerates him of any wrongdoing?  If I had control over the release of an investigative document that stated that I had done nothing wrong, I know I would not try to block it.   No one would, unless the release creates even more problems for them.

I understand the offer to view the document but then not speak of it any more, and agree that it is rightfully unacceptable to the Dems.  I also know about the grand jury testimony but we all also know that is not insurmountable if transparency was the DOJ's goal.   The goal instead is to hold back as much as possible.  That is not the action that would be taken if all the information was exonerating, is it now?

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

The redactions in place are required by law.

You are, quite literally, asking the President to break the law, committing an actual impeachable offense; which, if not impeached for would actually create a Constitutional crisis.

This is ######ed.  Stop doing that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

DR,  this happens to me a lot. I don’t see anything except space in some posts. Did you post a graphic? Looking on the iOS and Mac platforms. 

Sarcastic commenters and comments not appreciated.

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Nanker said:

DR,  this happens to me a lot. I don’t see anything except space in some posts. Did you post a graphic? Looking on the iOS and Mac platforms. 

Sarcastic commenters and comments not appreciated.

Hmm... 

I think I know what happened. (I had to go back and look, it's gone on my feed now too). I don't remember what specifically I put there yesterday but I think it was from a Twitter feed which got banned yesterday. When that happens the embedded tweets disappear. Will take more care to label these in the future. 

:beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1