Stupid, non-FA hypotethical

Virgil

Bills are in the super bowl. They are up one and the opposing team is on the 5 yard line, about to kick the game winning field goal.  

A fan runs on the field and tackles the kicker, hurting him to the point that he can’t kick.  Emergency kicker has to field and misses it. Bills win. 

Does it feel like a real win?  Is that guy a hero to you?  

People always say you can’t define a game by one play.  That players are people and no one should ever root for an injury.  

My stance, I know it would count, but I would feel cheated.  I wouldn’t praise the fan. 

Also, haven’t slept much and my brain is broke 

Edited by Virgil

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Bills are in the super bowl. They are up one and the opposing team is on the 5 yard line, about to kick the game winning field goal.  

A fan runs on the field and tackles the kicker, hurting him to the point that he can’t kick.  Emergency kicked has to field and misses it. Bills win. 

People always say you can’t define a game by one play.  That players are people and no one should ever root for an injury.  

My stance, I know it would count, but I would feel cheated.  I wouldn’t praise the fan. 

It’s the Bills. The fan would tackle the kicker a second late, the kick would sail wide. The penalty would be called and the replacement kicker would put it right down the middle.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MPT said:

I'd rather see that fan deflect the kick midair with a well thrown *****. 

I just lost my ***** in public.  Thank you.  

What’s funny is, I knew exactly what you were referring to 

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

A fan runs on the field and tackles the kicker, hurting him to the point that he can’t kick.  Emergency kicked has to field and misses it. Bills win. 

Give him beer, wings, and women. In whatever order he desires. 

• Haha (+1) 1