Potential second round WR target

31 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Almost like you listen to the move the sticks podcast...

I don't.

I do know that DJ has said that Decosta will want to move down; I have no idea if he mentioned NE or Philly.  Wouldn't surprise me though...of all the analysts out there, I seem to share the most in common with DJ when it comes to player evaluations, so not surprised if he and I think alike on this issue as well.

Metcalf aint gonna last till the second round (and I dont want to take him at 9). I dont think AJ Brown will last to the second as well. Marquise Brown / N'Keal Harry / Deebo Samuel / Ridley will likely be there at #40 (and I rank them in that order but #40 may be too high for all of them). I give Paris Campbell a 3rd round grade. It is possible I am underrating Campbell but purely speedy guys like John Ross (and to an extent, Marquise Goodwin) have not really flourished in the NFL. It is also possible Campbell had fewer targets at tOSU since the QB also had Mclaurin on the other side.  

Unless we trade our first down and get an extra second, my pipe dream (with #40) is Jeffrey Simmons - with us maybe moving up to #33 to get him).

WR in the top 10 is too risky in this class imo but the depth is there late first, second , third ...

We need speed , especially with Allen’s arm... I want a fast WR in FA and atleast 1 in the draft

Foster and Cambell on the outside would be lethal speed combination for a long time

• Like (+1) 1

As for a day 3 WR target, Toledo's Diontae Johnson matches what Beane and McDermott have looked for in a WR: versatile, great YAC ability, smart, competitive...wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up a 4th or 5th round pick for this team.

11 hours ago, Putin said:

I believe the receivers will go sooner then most people think , IMO there may be as many as 3/4 that will go in the 1st round 

Okay, have you looked at the class?  It's much deeper than just 3-4 guys.

8 hours ago, TheBeane said:

I get the impression from previous drafts, and what they say, that their game plan is to just see what falls to them in each round.  Trade back if there are multiple prospects available that are high on their draft board, or trade up if they feel like they might lose out on a high prospect.

So I think you are absolutely correct in saying "take whatever top talent falls to us at 9", but if they see the top talent at 9 being a WR I don't think they would hesitate to grab that WR.  Same can be said for any position group.

BPA...BPA....BPA....

I simply think that the wide receiver position has it's best value rounds 2-4.  I don't see many WRs that are talented enough to be drafted at 9 and due to the depth of the class, I see many being available to us in the rounds I suggested.  

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I want Isabella...all this dude does is get open and blow by people...reminds me of a much faster version of Wes Welker...literally was uncoverable in college and torched even good teams like Georgia wherr he had 15 grabs for 219 yards and 2 TDs...

This dude in the slot versus most teams Nickel Back?? Its over...

I couldn't agree more. And as I've said in other threads, Belichick will absolutely covet this guy to replace Edelman someday. He's fast, quick and I think he'd be very durable. He will be gone to someone in the 2nd round. Why not us. We can do what NE has done for 15 years with Welker & Edelman.  Sign Tyrell Williams and draft Andy @ 41. Get your OL stud at 9. Trust me they'll be quality wrs still on the board in the 3rd/4th round if you want to turn around  and grab another.