Joe Marino (paraphrasing): "Bills will add an edge rusher in free agency in a 'creative' way"

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good question.

Murphy is often injuried and non existent. 

He was hurt a lot. When he didn’t play though he looks like he’s a handful. I might even be okay with Shaq bring thrown back in the mix here. I’m not looking to TRADE anything for a pass rusher and certainly not use a top (few) rounds pick on one. There are to many other massive holes.

6 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

What about Za'Darius Smith?

Love him and McBeane scouted him while they were in Carolina. There is such a huge need for edge players though, I think he gets a lot of money and I feel our focus will be O line in FA. 

28 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree, Murphy showed quite a bit when healthy he was a pretty good pass rusher. I don't think he was a bad signing all things considered.

7 mil for 4 sacks is underwhelming. Availability is the best ability.

If you look at Murphy's contract, they gave him 5 mil up front and 2 mil for the season. They have an out clause that allows them to release him with only a 3.5 mil cap hit. They would be paying him 8 mil a year for the next two seasons.

The cap is really not a concern, but if we upgrade the position in a serious way, I think he's a goner.