Britcoms—Watch Any?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you want to go back THAT far 

Monty Python

Benny Hill 

My wife likes Killing Eve.  

What was the crime show that did backwards?  the guy had burned face.  

Local PBS annoys me so much with all the Brit crap.  Benny Hill and Flying Circus used to have me rolling on the floor.

15 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Not sure if 8 Out of 10 Cats counts, but i love their stuff. Plus the Countdown show is hilarious . . . 

I watch the 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown shows. They are good. 

Have you seen the show with the "carrot in a box" segment? 

18 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Geeez I'm shocked at all you “men” that watch Keeping up Appearances.  LOL!  I used to watch that with my wife.  UGH...........

Hyacinth "BOOKAY" Bucket is a classic all about outward appearances matter most character--she's so relatable to so many people I've come across in real life, that's part of why I found the show so funny. That and her trying to keep her redneck family at bay at all costs is usually priceless comedy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hyacinth "BOOKAY" Bucket is a classic all about outward appearances matter most character--she's so relatable to so many people I've come across in real life, that's part of why I found the show so funny. That and her trying to keep her redneck family at bay at all costs is usually priceless comedy. 

Oh trust me I probably know that show's premise better than anyone here.  It's just kind of cringe worthy after the 1200th time.  If I saw Elizabeth spill her coffee one more time............ LOL

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh trust me I probably know that show's premise better than anyone here.  It's just kind of cringe worthy after the 1200th time.  If I saw Elizabeth spill her coffee one more time............ LOL

One more time Chef? :D

On 3/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you want to go back THAT far 

Monty Python

Benny Hill 

My wife likes Killing Eve.  

What was the crime show that did backwards?  the guy had burned face.  

People went nuts over these two in college. Never got it. Listening to everyone laughing in the TV lounge I'd be wondering if we were smoking the same stuff. They basically ruined British TV for me, never watch it unless it involves golf.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And I would guess that there are millions of Hyacinth's running around the US trying to keep their uncouth relatives out of sight.  Or trying to impress the upper crust of local society who could not give a crap about them.  That is why you can do the same episode pretty much over and over again.  Kind of like All in the Family which I love.  What's Archie and Meathead going to argue over this week?   Back to KUA the icing on the cake for me is when they all wind up over at the church helping the vicar while trying to avoid Hyacinth or Hyacinth gets stuck cleaning the toilets.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I still remember my mom yelling at me for watching Benny Hill in my youth because it was filth. Yet as grew up found other shows on PBS like Flying Circus and Are You Being Served? and Father Ted. Which of course lead me to Mr. Bean. I also  enjoyed Coupling and the Inbetweeners  and Peepshow. For Non comedy I like Killing Eve and Orphan Black.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I watched a 70s one called The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin which was spectacular due to Leonard Rossiter.

Rossiter was a fantastic comedy actor. He was also brilliant in Rising Damp. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1