TV Shows That Stayed On Too Long

57 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

24. Loved the real-time narration premise, Kiefer was great as Jack Bauer, and it was appointment viewing with my buddies during my bachelor days. However, it ran for almost 10 years and I lost interest with the progressively weaker storylines ca. Season 4 or so, jmo. 

The 24 revival attempt without Kiefer Sutherland was absolutely unbearable. He was that show. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, Gray Beard said:

In the end Richie wasn’t even there any more. 

I think they they had two or three good years, but it got too bland and predictable. MASH was the same way and about at the same time.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, The Senator said:

Col. Potter was a “horse’s patoot!”

MASH died with Henry Blake.

"Horse Hockey!"

I know that a lot of people stopped watching MASH after McLean Stevenson left.

Too me, MASH was one of the greatest television shows ever from start to finish.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IMO  Vikings for the most part is still OK.   

The part where Ragnar became addicted to the drugs was a bit much.

The Floki parts where he went off to start a new settlement needs to go away.  

Ivar is one screwed up character 

Agree that Vikings is still pretty good but the Floki plot line needs to go away.

But I do have to admit, I was having a difficult time accepting the time line this last season

Consider the following

Season 1: Bjorn is about 13 years old

Season 1: Estimate Laegertha gave birth to Bjorn at 20, which makes her 33

Season 1: Plot involves Viking raid on the Lindesnfarne, which occurred in the year 793

Season 1: Given the 3 statements above, estimate Bjorn was born in 780 and Laegertha was born in 760

Season 6: Bjorn and Laegertha flee to England and ally themselves with King Alfred

Season 6: Alfred's reign begins in the year 871

Season 6: Bjorn is 91 years old and Laegertha is 111 :wallbash:

Oh, I'm going to miss Judith.  She was hot

31-1.jpg&f=1

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:
6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

But I do have to admit, I was having a difficult time accepting the time line this last season...

Consider the following

Season 1: Given the 3 statements above, estimate Bjorn was born in 780 and Laegertha was born in 760...

...Season 6: Bjorn is 91 years old and Laegertha is 111 :wallbash:

TARDIS?

48 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Agree that Vikings is still pretty good but the Floki plot line needs to go away.

Oh, I'm going to miss Judith.  She was hot

31-1.jpg&f=1

Yes, yes she was.

and the always kept her hair covering the severed ear. 

The Buddah scenario was a bit too much as well.  

20?  I'd make that closer to 15 or 16 

but whats 4 years when the timeline is off by 40 or 50 years 

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

24. Loved the real-time narration premise, Kiefer was great as Jack Bauer, and it was appointment viewing with my buddies during my bachelor days. However, it ran for almost 10 years and I lost interest with the progressively weaker storylines ca. Season 4 or so, jmo. 

It got repetitive. Every single time there was a character that was Muslim and/or Arab, you knew they were there as a red herring. I'm not about to go on a "PC culture" rant, but the fact is, it just wasn't a surprise anymore. 

I first discovered it when I went on a roadtrip with my parents for a funeral during my senior year of high school. I had a portable DVD player, and we stopped at Target. Season one was on sale, so I bought it just because I'd heard good things. My parents didn't hear a peep out of me the rest of the trip. After that, the show helped me stay in shape during the summer. I had a Blockbuster account, where I paid $12 a month for unlimited rentals, of one disk at a time. So I'd rent one DVD, watch it for three hours. Then I'd get on my bike and ride two miles each way. Did this about two or three times a day.

I was reading the original concept for the show was a comedy-drama about the 24 hours leading up to a wedding. One change led to another, and basically the only thing to stay was the real time format. They're talking about doing a different series now. A 24 hour real time format thing again, but this time, it's about a lawyer with 24 hours to prove her client's innocence in the 24 hours leading up to his execution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It got repetitive. Every single time there was a character that was Muslim and/or Arab, you knew they were there as a red herring. I'm not about to go on a "PC culture" rant, but the fact is, it just wasn't a surprise anymore. 

I first discovered it when I went on a roadtrip with my parents for a funeral during my senior year of high school. I had a portable DVD player, and we stopped at Target. Season one was on sale, so I bought it just because I'd heard good things. My parents didn't hear a peep out of me the rest of the trip. After that, the show helped me stay in shape during the summer. I had a Blockbuster account, where I paid $12 a month for unlimited rentals, of one disk at a time. So I'd rent one DVD, watch it for three hours. Then I'd get on my bike and ride two miles each way. Did this about two or three times a day.

I was reading the original concept for the show was a comedy-drama about the 24 hours leading up to a wedding. One change led to another, and basically the only thing to stay was the real time format. They're talking about doing a different series now. A 24 hour real time format thing again, but this time, it's about a lawyer with 24 hours to prove her client's innocence in the 24 hours leading up to his execution. 

Come and gone 

24  had a follow up.  It had one of the Walking Dead Characters  (African American who walked off to search around the time they were in conflict with Oceanside and he never returned)  as the main guy 

Season_seven_heath.png

th?id=Af0ecd706f5b87ed12cd1d28fc7020f69&

After leading a mission to eliminate terrorist leader Ibrahim Bin-Khalid, Eric Carter returns to the U.S. and finds out that he and his squad mates are targeted for assassination in retaliation for… 

Season 2 was filming but the show was cancelled 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I thought Christopher Eccleston  and David Tennant were a decent fit. 

then again I lost interest 

Pretty much my experience.  I liked Eccleston a lot, too bad he only lasted one season.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

agreed.   

Maybe the series Heroes was a better draw and the push to be in movies G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra ?

From what I understand he had some major issues getting along with some of the upper management in the series.  This disagreeableness somehow hasn't managed to show up anywhere else though.

• Like (+1) 1