Trump Administration Outreach to the World

B-Man

"The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay...."

NBC reports:
U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event....

Narrowly focused on criminalization, rather than broader LGBT issues like same-sex marriage, the campaign was conceived partly in response to the recent reported execution by hanging of a young gay man in Iran, the Trump administration’s top geopolitical foe....

“This is not the first time the Iranian regime has put a gay man to death with the usual outrageous claims of prostitution, kidnapping, or even pedophilia. And it sadly won’t be the last time,” Grenell wrote. “Barbaric public executions are all too common in a country where consensual homosexual relationships are criminalized and punishable by flogging and death.”
Excellent.

Can we get something like this for Trump?

nw_052112_domcvr.jpg
  • Like (+1) 2

THANK YOU to @realDonaldTrump and the entire administration for standing with the worldwide LGBT community and for launching a global effort to end the criminalization of homosexuality.

We stand with you and are here to help in any way we can!

?

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just for ***** and giggles, I'm going to try to summarize that hash:

Trump is anti-gay for falsely promoting a pro-gay agenda in place of a foreign policy agenda that's anti-Islam and paternalistically colonial in the sense of "the white man saving the brown woman from the brown man," just like he did with the Pulse nightclub shootings, in an effort to demonize Iran who's anti-gay record has softened recently and shouldn't be demonized for merely hanging gays when Trump is such a slavering maniac that he refuses to even ask "Are you gay?" in the 2020 census...

Sorry, I lost track there.  Really, I lost track after "the white man saving the brown woman from the brown man" through a policy that explicitly targets men who by definition aren't attracted to women to begin with.

What the ***** did I just read?  That was so incoherently stupid, it was like running a gatorman post through an EII translator.  

• Like (+1) 1

Oh man, lol :lol:

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, President Donald Trump was caught off guard by a question about his administration’s reported plans to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe. “Mr. President, on your push to decriminalize homosexuality, are you doing that? And why?” a reporter asked the president. Trump made the reporter repeat the question before answering, “I don’t know which report you’re talking about. We have many reports.”

NBC News reported this week that U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who is openly gay, was leading the “global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay,” according to unnamed U.S. officials.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-appears-unaware-of-administration-efforts-to-decriminalize-homosexuality