Will/Should Trump Sign The Compromise Bill?

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I did say ‘ so far”. As I said , if Trump sticks to his guns and really believes in the wall, I hope he does not agree to this. 

Could be. 

Whatever Trump does here he will be seen as the winner unless there are some things we don't know in the details.

Republicans leaders begging Trump to surrender to Nancy. They were really just negotiating his surrender here. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/12/shutdown-spending-deal-trump-1165696

GOP leaders are urging passage of the bipartisan spending deal reached this week by congressional negotiators, even as Washington waits to see if President Donald Trump and his conservative allies try and tank the pact.

The top Republican leaders in Congress mounted a quick campaign to convince Trump that he’d come out on top over Democratic resistance to ICE enforcement and border barrier funding. Top GOP members of Congress are still worried that Trump could reject the deal, just as he spurned spending legislation in December that sparked a 35-day partial government shutdown.

3 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Whatever Trump does here he will be seen as the winner unless there are some things we don't know in the details.

I don’t think so at all, just the opposite in fact. If he signs this deal, he had a better deal on the table in July, and after all this he gets less. 

If he does not sign, he is seen as the reason for another shutdown. Only ones who will applaud are the people who approve of his job,, that’s suits ay less than 40 % I think( really don’t know the number)

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don’t think so at all, just the opposite in fact. If he signs this deal, he had a better deal on the table in July, and after all this he gets less. 

If he does not sign, he is seen as the reason for another shutdown. Only ones who will applaud are the people who approve of his job,, that’s suits ay less than 40 % I think( really don’t know the number)

As of yesterday, his approval is at 52 officially, which likely means it's closer to 60-62. (Add 8-10 to any poll as a rough estimate).

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As of yesterday, his approval is at 52 officially, which likely means it's closer to 60-62. (Add 8-10 to any poll as a rough estimate).

Not to go all afield , But I am sure that is the Rasmussen poll,

538 got em at 40 %. 

Solit the difference, we got 46. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

538 got em at 40 %. 

(just a pre-morning coffee aside)

I just wanted to step back for a moment because whenever you and I discuss things down here I end up defending Trump. Even though that probably looks like blind support to you (and I  get it) I just wanted to point out that's not my goal. Trump's almost irrelevant in this for me as a politician/individual - but because you're of an opposite opinion on the man, and because I think you're a fun poster who I enjoy going back and forth with since I think your opinions come from a place of honesty rather than pure partisanship, I always end up appearing like I'm defending Trump just to defend him. 

The real goal is to get you to come around on the situation we're presently in more so than changing your opinions of the the man. That situation being we are at a pivot point in history, one that goes beyond surface level politics and partisanship - and I'm convinced I can get you there eventually.  :lol: :beer: 

So that all said, polls are done to drive agendas more than they are accurate reflections of support (or lack thereof). There's an entire industry which has banked its credibility on making you believe there are more people up in arms about Trump than there are who support him. Add 10 to any Trump poll and you'll be much closer to the real number. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

538 got em at 40 %. 

Well, let's also consider that as of 11/8/16, 538 had Trump's chances at winning the presidency at 28.6%...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Still think splitting the difference yields anything close to accurate?

21 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Well, let's also consider that as of 11/8/16, 538 had Trump's chances at winning the presidency at 28.6%...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Still think splitting the difference yields anything close to accurate?

that doesn’t mean they weren’t right.  I hate seeing this argument about polling and probabilities.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Congress shouldn't even be considering whether or not Trump will sign it.  They should negotiate one that can pass with a veto-proof majority and marginalize the Oompa-Loompa.

My dog should ***** gold bricks, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

The U.S. Conference of Mayors is defending El Paso mayor Dee Margo (R) as he faces attacks from President Trump for his comments about the border fence's impact on crime. 

"During his rally in El Paso, President Trump claimed that Margo was 'full of crap' because he and other local officials have said that a border fence has not made a difference in reducing crime in the city," the body's president, Steve Benjamin, said in a statement

"This is simply untrue. Credible statistics validated by the FBI and other local law enforcement officials show that El Paso has never been one of the nation's most dangerous cities and was a safe city long before any wall was built along the border."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429634-us-conference-of-mayors-defends-el-paso-mayor-after-trump-said-he-was