What do YOU expect out of Losman...?

mtdoak

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is blasphemous but I think we're going to get a Flutie-esque performance out of him the first year, which is fine with me. He will run around a lot. He will excite the fans. He will get a lot of first downs with his feet and wits and reckless play. He will not throw a lot of touchdown passes and will falter in the red zone. He will throw some ill-advised schoolyard passes. The defense and special teams will keep us in the game and we will win 10-11 games with basically low scores.

That said, if he gets some confidence throwing the ball downfield because Evans just blows by people, and Willis gets on a roll, JP could be exciting as hell even this year.

289626[/snapback]

I think this scenario is very possible. In fact I believe that the Bills are much more likely to win 10 games than they are to win 4 or 5 games(for those who believe that cutting DB was a big mistake).

I know this is blasphemous but I think we're going to get a Flutie-esque performance out of him the first year, which is fine with me. He will run around a lot. He will excite the fans. He will get a lot of first downs with his feet and wits and reckless play. He will not throw a lot of touchdown passes and will falter in the red zone. He will throw some ill-advised schoolyard passes. The defense and special teams will keep us in the game and we will win 10-11 games with basically low scores.

That said, if he gets some confidence throwing the ball downfield because Evans just blows by people, and Willis gets on a roll, JP could be exciting as hell even this year.

289626[/snapback]

Thats pretty much how I see it playing out. A lot more excitement than with Bledsoe, but there will be plenty of 1st year starter mistakes. One thing I differ in is the number of wins I see more like 8 or 9 wins and that would be acceptable to me.

I think this scenario is very possible.  In fact I believe that the Bills are much more likely to win 10 games than they are to win 4 or 5 games(for those who believe that cutting DB was a big mistake).

289684[/snapback]

i agree that 10-11 winds are realistic.

DB was absolutely horrible last year. it will be tough for jp to perform much worse. just being mobile will be an improvement.

if the qb who played for us last year was named Todd collins or Joe dufek or any other sluggo qb we have had in the past he would have been yanked early. but because his name was drew belsoe and because of troy vincent's boenhead hit in camp we had to suffer the full year

i expect big cat (sorry bill) to inject a lot of excitement and enthusiasm into the offense. i agree w/ the flutie-esque comments -- at least initially. the big difference is that big cat has a rocket arm. as long as he doesn't try to throw the ball through defenders' chests, i expect a performance that is no worse than DB's (from a passing perspective) and is an overall improvement when his running stats are figured into the equation.

10-6 or 11-5. playoffs.

289626[/snapback]

Why would I bother typing my own response when you have crystallized my thoughts exactly? Why I Ask You? WHY?!

Because it helps my post total, thats why.

I expect to throw up from time to time when posters here call him "Big Cat." Sorry, just TOO lame.  :doh:

Other than that, a slow start, and then we will see if he is any good.

289539[/snapback]

Big Cat

now, let me recommend a new viewsonic LCD monitor

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopd...series/vp230mb/

IMO, we are going to run, run, run the football and put Losman in good positions to make plays when needed.

I hope that MM somewhat takes the reigns out of his hands for the first 5-6 games and win or lose we run the ball ALOT and have him throw only about 15-20 times, ala Roethisberger last year.

Use the Special teams and defense to keep the other team down and win close games 17-14.

Once he gets the feel for Live NFL action we start opening up the offense and getting more of a 50/50 ratio of run/pass.

I also expect to see alot of screen passes this year. Short, easy dumpoffs that can make big gains.

I think it's going to be interesting and exciting. I'm just hoping that JP improves enough after the first month to keep the interest level up, because if we drop too many games at the beginning it will get all doom and gloom around here.

I agree that our defense will be able to keep games low scoring, for the most part. I think those first few games will see us in close games that may require JP to lead us on a final drive to win the game. Maybe he'll succeed, maybe he won't.

I'm expecting a lot of Jacksonville 2004-type games to start the season. Then, as the offensive line improves, JP starts getting the hang of it, and Willis starts dominating, we'll begin to see more consistent, winning football.

Hey, a man can dream, anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks Holcomb starts the season??

289541[/snapback]

No...I'm with you. If he doesn't, he will be by week 5. I learned all I needed to about Losman by looking at him in the Bills' merchandise catalog last year. He looked like a 7 year old who's mommy told him he couldn't go out and play with his friends. The rest of this team is not good enough to support an immature QB. He might have the tools.....but so do a lot of Guys.

No...I'm with you.  If he doesn't, he will be by week 5. I learned all I needed to about Losman by looking at him in the Bills' merchandise catalog last year. He looked like a 7 year old who's mommy told him he couldn't go out and play with his friends. The rest of this team is not good enough to support an immature QB. He might have the tools.....but so do a lot of Guys.

290084[/snapback]

Fantastic insights Dwight....predicting Losman's future by how he looks in the Bills merchandise catalog. Learn something new every day. :doh:

PS How do Wire, Peters & Bannan look?

Fantastic insights Dwight....predicting Losman's future by how he looks in the Bills merchandise catalog.  Learn something new every day. :doh:

PS How do Wire, Peters & Bannan look?

290088[/snapback]

Like an undersized linebacker, a guy who loves his Grandma, and a classy high motor guy who will do whatever it takes to help the team.

The question was "What do you expect from Losman". That's my answer. Trust me...I hope he is the 2nd coming of Brett Favre, but for this year, I do not see big things.

I think he'll struggle to start but get consistently better as the season goes on and he grows into his position mentally. I think that's where he will struggle most. He seems to have all the physical attributes to succeed but how long will it take him to get his head where it needs to be. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

289538[/snapback]

That sounds about right.

Like an undersized linebacker, a guy who loves his Grandma, and a classy high motor guy who will do whatever it takes to help the team.

The question was "What do you expect from Losman".  That's my answer. Trust me...I hope he is the 2nd coming of Brett Favre, but for this year, I do not see big things.

290108[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with the fact that you believe Losman will struggle, just with how you came to your conclusion! :doh: