What do YOU expect out of Losman...?

mtdoak

My personal expectation is this: A decent QB with mobility that makes the O-line look better. A few mental mistakes in the start of the season, maybe one that costs the Bills a game. I expect him to keep blitzing defenses at bay with a quick release and scrambling ability and to be able to move the ball downfield and be able to make quality reads against tough defenses. Asking too much of JP or about right?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll struggle to start but get consistently better as the season goes on and he grows into his position mentally. I think that's where he will struggle most. He seems to have all the physical attributes to succeed but how long will it take him to get his head where it needs to be. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

Am I the only one who thinks Holcomb starts the season??

289541[/snapback]

Probably. Most have JP pegged as a superstar.

The thing is, we lost spots in the first round and gave away a 2nd and a 5th for this kid. I think that if he shows anything whatsoever, MM will hand him the job.

Am I the only one who thinks Holcomb starts the season??

289541[/snapback]

Only if JP gets injured. Holcomb might start some games if JP struggles badly, but we are committed to JP IMO

He has to make it out of trainng camp and preseaon in tact

I think it will be frustrating at times watching him learn on the job. I'd like to see a performance comparable to Bledsoe's last year- after Willis was named starter.

By that I mean he'll make his fair share of bad decisions and mistakes. By virtue of being a rookie it's likely that he'll make more bad decisions than Bledesoe. But I'm thinking that JP's mobility will be enough to help the team sustain drives and overcome his growing pains. So while his stats may or may not be similar to Bledsoe's, IMO the QB position's contribution to the team, positive and/or negative, will be relatively unchanged.

He'll grow into the position. I see a bunch of little tiny mental mistakes and maybe one that singlehandedly costs the bills a game. MM and co. is smart enough to gameplan around that, so i don't see that many huge losman mistakes... Well, unless willis goes down.

One thing that bledsoe had over losman, and yes i'm saying this definitively, was tons of experience, which could be used (in theory) to cover an injury. Losman will really be thrown to the fire if joe burns is featured in the 3 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets offense.

After week 8, i would not be shocked to either see the bills 6-2 or 2-6, depending on injuries and how well willis, and reed/another slot receive plays.

I know this is blasphemous but I think we're going to get a Flutie-esque performance out of him the first year, which is fine with me. He will run around a lot. He will excite the fans. He will get a lot of first downs with his feet and wits and reckless play. He will not throw a lot of touchdown passes and will falter in the red zone. He will throw some ill-advised schoolyard passes. The defense and special teams will keep us in the game and we will win 10-11 games with basically low scores.

That said, if he gets some confidence throwing the ball downfield because Evans just blows by people, and Willis gets on a roll, JP could be exciting as hell even this year.