New plan - forget the wall - build a line of giant fans along the Canadian border and blow their cold air back

BuffaloBill

Who needs real winter weather to close the schools down anymore? I’m sitting in metro ATL right now with the sun shining, temps hovering at 40 per my vehicle thermometer, and nary a trace of precipitation after some morning rain showers left on the ground (that I can see at least). Yet, every single school district in this area along with all govt offices, are closed. <sigh>. What a bunch of weenies. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Who needs real winter weather to close the schools down anymore? I’m sitting in metro ATL right now with the sun shining, temps hovering at 40 per my vehicle thermometer, and nary a trace of precipitation after some morning rain showers left on the ground (that I can see at least). Yet, every single school district in this area along with all govt offices, are closed. <sigh>. What a bunch of weenies. 

With the wind chill it’s -25 in Wisconsin where my sister lives. The HIGH tomorrow is -9, with a low of -22 (before you add in the wind). I’m sure it’s a nuisance, but I’m also sure she’s going about her business. 

I had an appointment here in Atlanta this morning, which late yesterday was put on hold until we knew if  “Snow-mageden” was going to happen. I’m wondering if any of the people who couldn’t go to work today due to the weather crisis are over at the tennis courts???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

With the wind chill it’s -25 in Wisconsin where my sister lives. The HIGH tomorrow is -9, with a low of -22 (before you add in the wind). I’m sure it’s a nuisance, but I’m also sure she’s going about her business. 

I had an appointment here in Atlanta this morning, which late yesterday was put on hold until we knew if  “Snow-mageden” was going to happen. I’m wondering if any of the people who couldn’t go to work today due to the weather crisis are over at the tennis courts???

As long as they are wearing a light windbreaker I think they should be just fine to get a few matches in...its embarrassing, really. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yeah but even here in Buffalo people are acting nervous as though we are about to come to an end due to some snow and cold.  The media does a good job of hyping up these events and I swear people are wusses.  It is my understanding that most of the area schools have closed down already.  Additionally many Buffalo city services are cancelled.  It’s hardly an event here yet.

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As long as they are wearing a light windbreaker I think they should be just fine to get a few matches in...its embarrassing, really. 

Co-worker just got back from Florida helping out cleaning up after hurricane (yeah, they are still fixing things)... He brought me back a jacket he swapped for a few work our baseball caps.  It's a fleece lined short jacket. The guy down @ Jacksonville District (Corps of Engineers) called it a "parka."

You gotta be kidding.  That ain't no "parka." Parkas have hoods!

It's a freaking spring jacket!  Maybe it's the inside layer of parka under the shell. LoL!

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah but even here in Buffalo people are acting nervous as though we are about to come to an end due to some snow and cold.  The media does a good job of hyping up these events and I swear people are wusses.  It is my understanding that most of the area schools have closed down already.  Additionally many Buffalo city services are cancelled.  It’s hardly an event here yet.

It would suck if a furnace goes down.  It is now -10°F (actual temp).

Exposed flesh becomes frostbiten in just minutes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Co-worker just got back from Florida helping out cleaning up after hurricane (yeah, they are still fixing things)... He brought me back a jacket he swapped for a few work our baseball caps.  It's a fleece lined short jacket. The guy down @ Jacksonville District (Corps of Engineers) called it a "parka."

You gotta be kidding.  That ain't no "parka." Parkas have hoods!

It's a freaking spring jacket!  Maybe it's the inside layer of parka under the shell. LoL!

It would suck if a furnace goes down.  It is now -10°F (actual temp).

Exposed flesh becomes frostbiten in just minutes.

Furnace repair is usually pretty good getting to you ASAP.

My two times they were there in 5 minutes, once at 11pm on Christmas Eve

• Like (+1) 1