Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i agree both statements are correct!!!!

You are the type of hustling character who when participating in a coin toss is asked to call heads or tails your call is heads and tails. And then when given a funky look your response is what is your problem? :) 

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Like what he did on the back end. 

Can’t say the same about the forward groups. Saddling Eichel with two skillless players like Sheary and Okposo has me wondering what Eichel did to piss of Housley. 

I hope Pommers can keep up.

I’m intrigued by Erod centering Smith and Reino.

Sobotka is where he belongs, but Thompson isn’t served by playing on that line as a shut down winger. Housley should flip him with either Okposo or Pommers, imo. 

Of course, now that I’ve opined on his crappy line combos, I fully expect a nine goal outburst tomorrow night, with both Okposo and Pommers recording hatties in the process.

More proof Housley is out of his depth and needs to go:

The reason he gave for starting Hutton instead of Ullmark vs. Chicago was based on winning and losing. Hutton beat Columbus and Ullmark lost to Dallas, so Hutton got the start on Friday.

Someone needs to explain to coach clueless that Ullmark played MUCH better in his loss than Hutton did in his win. 

If Housley’s power of observation is that messed up when watching his goalies, I have to question what else he is missing. Sure explains some of his personnel decisions, though. We have no chance with him at the helm. 

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

looks like it may have just been an injury. 

I love this time of year.  If anybody players are missing from a practice, they're automatically being traded for each other.  And if there's a scout at a game, well then clearly that team is about to make a trade with whoever they're watching.  We always hear that x scouts are in attendance, but have no idea if or how that number differ from any other day.  There are scouts up there every single game.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

More proof Housley is out of his depth and needs to go:

The reason he gave for starting Hutton instead of Ullmark vs. Chicago was based on winning and losing. Hutton beat Columbus and Ullmark lost to Dallas, so Hutton got the start on Friday.

Someone needs to explain to coach clueless that Ullmark played MUCH better in his loss than Hutton did in his win. 

If Housley’s power of observation is that messed up when watching his goalies, I have to question what else he is missing. Sure explains some of his personnel decisions, though. We have no chance with him at the helm. 

funny, I have not listened yet, but my nephew just texted my going all ape *****...he was an acolyte to @JohnC of singing  Housley praises and preaching continuity...till this morning! He is finally seeing the light!!! Going ballistic right now ...wants him gone for tonight and Taylor on the bench!!

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

funny, I have not listened yet, but my nephew just texted my going all ape *****...he was an acolyte to @JohnC of singing  Housley praises and preaching continuity...till this morning! He is finally seeing the light!!! Going ballistic right now ...wants him gone for tonight and Taylor on the bench!!

You are simply a bad influence on the people you intersect with. You have an affinity to contaminate the purist of souls. What the hell is your emotional nephew complaining about? You and others have unmercifully hectored the coach to make changes for the sake of shaking things up. So the coach does so. And now you continue your onslaught against him after he does what you wanted him to do. Not only are you losing your freaking mind but you have stressed your own family lineage because of your hyperbolic reactions. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I gotta wonder what JBotts thinks at this moment, assuming he heard what Housley said about starting Hutton over Ullmark. I mean it was so blatantly stupid it has to be concerning, no? I get that GMs don’t want to interfere with a coach’s decision on who plays and who doesn’t, but this is so egregious I have to wonder when he takes Housley aside to discuss it.

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are simply a bad influence on the people you intersect with. You have an affinity to contaminate the purist of souls. What the hell is your emotional nephew complaining about? You and others have unmercifully hectored the coach to make changes for the sake of shaking things up. So the coach does so. And now you continue your onslaught against him after he does what you wanted him to do. Not only are you losing your freaking mind but you have stressed your own family lineage because of your hyperbolic reactions. 

You remind me of this guy:

tenor.gif?itemid=3409084

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Again, what has Housley done in the last 2 seasons that inspires confidence that he's a good coach?

54 minutes ago, GG said:

Again, what has Housley done in the last 2 seasons that inspires confidence that he's a good coach?

He has taken an underachieving team, made them demonstrably worse in his first season, created a bar so low in his first season that he “ literally” could not go any lower, and gets praised as he is gaining points at a rate that puts them second worse in the league( sans streak) , and he gets a third crack at the nut in the effort to have “ continuity”. 

Good gig gig if you can get it! 

BTW, just listened to the interview in GR, he did say “ it was Carters turn”. 

Edited by plenzmd1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

You remind me of this guy:

tenor.gif?itemid=3409084

This was one of the funniest responses I have had to my posts.

It may seem that I am being stubborn for the sake of being a contrarian but I genuinely disagree with the majority of people who believe that it is panic time. If one compared last season to this season there is a major difference. I'm not just talking about earned points so much as the quality of play. No doubt that there is a lot of frustration and exasperation with this team. But if you put things in perspective there is progress. My confidence is more derived from my belief that our GM is forward thinking and has a good  plan to get this franchise back to being a contending team. It just takes time. 

3 hours ago, GG said:

Why not wait until the end of the season before jumping off the stagecoach? After the season there will be more than enough material to make a judgment on him. As I have often told the venerable K-9 that the worst thing to do to this battered franchise is to prematurely make a coaching change. This organizational lurching back and forth has been more destructive than positive. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why not wait until the end of the season before jumping off the stagecoach? After the season there will be more than enough material to make a judgment on him. As I have often told the venerable K-9 that the worst thing to do to this battered franchise is to prematurely make a coaching change. This organizational lurching back and forth has been more destructive than positive. 

So, a 31 game audition to prove his coaching chops? Good luck. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

This was one of the funniest responses I have had to my posts.

It may seem that I am being stubborn for the sake of being a contrarian but I genuinely disagree with the majority of people who believe that it is panic time. If one compared last season to this season there is a major difference. I'm not just talking about earned points so much as the quality of play. No doubt that there is a lot of frustration and exasperation with this team. But if you put things in perspective there is progress. My confidence is more derived from my belief that our GM is forward thinking and has a good  plan to get this franchise back to being a contending team. It just takes time. 

Glad you took it in the spirit in which it was offered. 

Yes, it takes time. Like the death of a star, diamond formation, and Andy Dufresne’s escape plan. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, a 31 game audition to prove his coaching chops? Good luck. 

Glad you took it in the spirit in which it was offered. 

Yes, it takes time. Like the death of a star, diamond formation, and Andy Dufresne’s escape plan. 

This is how I sometimes feel when posting about the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A couple of things

1) Matthews only 5 years eh? I am guessing he is an UFA then...

2) if I ain't getting playoffs this year, at leastIi got tonight in the middle of winter. Gunna be mid low 60's at 7:45( when i will start to watch) and drop to mid 50's by end of game. Perfect night for a porch, a fire, a beer(or 6), and me swearing at Housley!!!