Mike Mussina, Baseball HoF'er

Rico

WTF!?!? 

I just heard this while driving home on the Baltimore FAN station. :sick: They were wondering what team he will be inducted with, and I would say the Orioles can have him. As soon as he joined the Yankees, things started falling apart, The Curse Of The Moose. :thumbdown:

BUT huge congrats to the great Mariano Rivera. :worthy:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

WTF!?!? 

I just heard this while driving home on the Baltimore FAN station. :sick: They were wondering what team he will be inducted with, and I would say the Orioles can have him. As soon as he joined the Yankees, things started falling apart, The Curse Of The Moose. :thumbdown:

Mussina's in and Schilling isn't? That's a joke to me. And I'm not saying Schilling should be in, it's debatable, which to me usually equates to no.. But I'd have Schilling ahead of Mussina.

As a die hard Mets fan who pretty much hates anything and everything about the Yankees I'm glad to see Mariano went in unanimously. Anything less would have been based on a voters sheer stupidity or ignorance or arrogance.

25 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Mussina's in and Schilling isn't? That's a joke to me. And I'm not saying Schilling should be in, it's debatable, which to me usually equates to no.. But I'd have Schilling ahead of Mussina.

As a die hard Mets fan who pretty much hates anything and everything about the Yankees I'm glad to see Mariano went in unanimously. Anything less would have been based on a voters sheer stupidity or ignorance or arrogance.

I’m not a Schilling fan at all, ***** him, but he is infinitely more worthy than friggin’ Moose.

Mussina and Martinez have absolutely zero business being in the Hall of Fame.  Zero.

It's getting watered down.  This hear has been horrible with Baines, Mussina and Martinez.

Bad year for Cooperstown.

Mariano- I mean even for someone like me who dislikes the Yanks....  how can anyone dislike the guy?   Congrats and well deserved 

If Baines, Mussina, and Martinez got in why not Kenny Lofton?  One of the best center fielders I’ve seen in my lifetime 

Posting this here because it doesn't deserve it's own thread but the Mariners signed future HOFer Ichiro to a minor league deal. 

The Mariners open the season in Japan with a two game exhibition series against the Yomiuri Giants followed by a two game season opening series against the A's and Ichiro will be added to the expanded roster.

Cool move. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Posting this here because it doesn't deserve it's own thread but the Mariners signed future HOFer Ichiro to a minor league deal. 

The Mariners open the season in Japan with a two game exhibition series against the Yomiuri Giants followed by a two game season opening series against the A's and Ichiro will be added to the expanded roster.

Cool move. 

Beyond cool.  It is pure class.  And touching, to boot.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, Rico said:

WTF!?!? 

So did you see as it turns out he's not going to be inducted under either one.

I'm not a Yankee fan but he always just struck me as a strange dude.  I know he was super intelligent but I remember after every poor start he'd have some stupid excuse, ooh the air isn't perfect... 

Also when Joe Torre wrote his tell all book about his tenure with the club, Mussina for whatever reason was designed as the elder statesman there.  In reality as you say they never won a World Series when he was with the club

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

So did you see as it turns out he's not going to be inducted under either one.

I'm not a Yankee fan but he always just struck me as a strange dude.  I know he was super intelligent but I remember after every poor start he'd have some stupid excuse, ooh the air isn't perfect... 

Also when Joe Torre wrote his tell all book about his tenure with the club, Mussina for whatever reason was designed as the elder statesman there.  In reality as you say they never won a World Series when he was with the club

I was talking to a big O’s fan the other day and he said he was at the game in 1998 where Moose got hit in the face by a Sandy Alomar liner, broke his nose, and was never the same after that. Even on the O’s though, I remember him never being clutch in big games and big moments.

With a SJW holdout on Bonds and Clemens it has no credibility

so let in anyone who smiled and had a good long career, ha ha ho ho hee hee

they even made Don Sutton and Early Wynn crawl to 300 wins to get in