Google steals Nick's FAT

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Back when I was at Cornell in the 80s they had a similar thing called "Ask Uncle Ezra" (referring to Ezra Cornell). It was actually a group of people that would do their best to answer just about any question any student had for them, and yes it was free. I worked with them for a semester, and they did have some weird questions. I think one that I worked on was "why do squirrels have bushy tails?" Don't ask, I have no recollection of the answer. I think it has something to do with balance.

It was pretty cool, though. They had a lot of silly questions and a lot of serious ones, and people reallly took to it. It was fun.

I wish someone would steal my fat.  No smokes for two months=10 extra lbs.

21609[/snapback]

You could always keep on smoking, stay skinny, and then lose another 100lbs or so when you go on chemo.

Uh, you made the right decision.

I wish someone would steal my fat.  No smokes for two months=10 extra lbs.

21609[/snapback]

I have walked in your shoes. Quit smoking over 8 years ago and after an initial gain, I now weigh 10 pounds less than when I graduated high school!

I enjoy an occasional cigar (5 or 6 a year - usually at the Ralph) but that is not really "smoking". I used to smoke 1-2 packs a day for 25+ years.

Two months is great - keep it up! ;)

I think one that I worked on was "why do squirrels have bushy tails?" Don't ask, I have no recollection of the answer. I think it has something to do with balance.

21806[/snapback]

Wow, that's really strange. I was just having the same conversation with someone about bushy squirrel tails. My Differential Equations professor in college noted that if you sit in the quad long enough, you'll see a clumsy squirrel fall out of the tree. Because of the "bushiness" of his tail, his terminal velocity is decreased enough so that he'll walk (scamper?) away with relatively no problem.

It came up because a friend noted that squirrel tails in FL don't seem to have the volume that their northern brethren have. I hypothesized that it is either because the trees in FL aren't as tall, or the humidity flattens out the tail.

Rocky is having a "Bad Tail Day".