Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

More Insight with less incite ;) 

Just saying the kid played just as good if not better than TB.

At this point not even Shady.

That is insight that you're trying to change the subject to another player that has nothing to do with how Allen played in the game. Nice try though. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That is insight that you're trying to change the subject to another player that has nothing to do with how Allen played in the game. Nice try though. 

Merry Christmas :)

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen will be nominated for AFC player of the week I'm sure. ;)

Copy paste with a "hot Take"

Glad you mentioned Edmunds.  I thought he was just terrible.  Corey Thompson was terrible on the edge so Edmunds seems to get lost in the shuffle, but he is a pretty bad MLB.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was in response to a post pointing out how awful Allen's supporting cast is and has everything to do with his play.  Name a QB that could look good in this offense with players dropping TDs, no blocking, crap TEs - not even Brees would look like an NFL QB with these losers.  Allen is not the problem right now.

3 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

That was in response to a post pointing out how awful Allen's supporting cast is and has everything to do with his play.  Name a QB that could look good in this offense with players dropping TDs, no blocking, crap TEs - not even Brees would look like an NFL QB with these losers.  Allen is not the problem right now.

Zay Jones would be the highest drafted receiver on the Saints.  You don’t think Brees would be an upgrade?  That’s kinda crazy man.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

Still the honeymoon phase with Allen, that’s okay, but I’m not looking forward to all the 11-5 predictions with full arrogance here all offseason 

tons to to be proven before that happens 

1 hour ago, timtebow15 said:

Irrespective of his poor supporting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes which begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

We don't have to pretend he plays perfectly and would be doing great were it not for the players around him.  He went to Belichick school yesterday and he'll be better for the experience in the long run. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Zay Jones would be the highest drafted receiver on the Saints.  You don’t think Brees would be an upgrade?  That’s kinda crazy man.  

I didn't say he wouldn't be an upgrade but we wouldn't be going to the playoffs either.  The only reason we've had any offense the past few weeks in because of Allen.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Irrespective of his poor starting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes that begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

We don't have to pretend he plays perfectly and would be doing great were it not for the players around him.  He went to Belichick school yesterday and he'll be better for the experience in the long run. 

I'm not pretending he's perfect nor did I say that.  He's still a rookie of course but he's been much better than I expected.

There were much worse culprits than Allen yesterday.  He continues to be the best player they have on offense.  He did commit two bad INT’s, but you really can’t fault him.

Also, I stand my claim that if Foster actually catches that long pass for a TD it’s a completely different game.

Irrespective of his poor starting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes that begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Still the honeymoon phase with Allen, that’s okay, but I’m not looking forward to all the 11-5 predictions with full arrogance here all offseason 

tons to to be proven before that happens 

I would never predict that because they can't fix the offense in one offseason.  Next year I'd go with 7-9.

1 minute ago, timtebow15 said:

I would never predict that because they can't fix the offense in one offseason.  Next year I'd go with 7-9.

The Rams and Bears would beg to differ 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

I understand - my opinion of the oline is just way worse than some other people I think.  In all those examples there was a much offensive line than ours.   

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

Yeah, but they completely commit to their franchise qb and got an innovative offensive coach.  We are going to keep the OC of the 31st ranked offense for continuity.

2 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

7-9 won't cut it in 2019 with it being year three of the McDermott-Beane regime. 

12 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

not sure, but our last QB did OK. people act recent Bill QBs had Julio Jones and Odell as targets before. it's been a long time since this organization has had any really game changers at the receiver position.

Just now, timtebow15 said:

I understand - my opinion of the oline is just way worse than some other people I think.  In all those examples there was a much offensive line than ours.   

Fair but qbs can make the oline look better or worse.  It was the whole RJ would get sacked every down and Flutie would never get sacked.  Brees makes his oline better.

i didn’t watch the all 22 but the tv guys were saying Allen was just missing open receivers.  It’s what happen to Taylor.  Misreads makes every one on the offense look worse.  

7-9 won't cut it in 2019 with it being year three of the McDermott-Beane regime. 

Trust the process! We will still rebuilding!

that said, if Allen is becoming a star type qb, that would buy them another year.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

not sure, but our last QB did OK. people act recent Bill QBs had Julio Jones and Odell as targets before. it's been a long time since this organization has had any really game changers at the receiver position.

It’s also hard to say because our qbs have been so bad.  Woods is better in LA.  Sammy was off to the best start of his career before he got hurt.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s also hard to say because our qbs have been so bad.  Woods is better in LA.  Sammy was off to the best start of his career before he got hurt.  

no argument there. wholeheartedly agree.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m stunned that anyone could feel good about what they saw from Josh Allen on Sunday. Yes, there were certainly times when he was let down by his surrounding cast.  And yes, he’s certainly shown things in previous games to give a guy hope.  Also he was going against Belichick who has destroyed rookie QBs throughout his career so the performance should be taken with a grain of salt. But last Sunday Allen was brutally bad.

Brutally bad is way off imo. We have really nobody helping him besides foster who lost a perfectly placed bomb in the sun. Croom fumbles on a critical drive, thomas drops a td, i mean come on. We never win a 50/50 ball. He probably should have thrown for over 300 yesterday

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Yes, but the Rams and Bears did that in 2018.   As Bills fans we must use view things through the lens of an 80 year old fan that wants to have Vince Lombardi running power sweeps, and pretend free agency isn't a thing. 

Omg he wasn't good. He wasn't bad either. Do we want a QB that wasn't good though? You can watch a game a million times and whatever preconception you have before going in and watching it is going to tell you who's at fault every play. He ran a crap offense with crap personnel you don't need to rewatch it.

I'm still looking and can't find that crowd that's always blaming Allen. Anyone who watched yesterday knows his recievers didn't help him at all. He makes mistakes, and throws some bad interceptions at times, but overall, ive seen very little people thinking this team is bad because of Allen 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm still looking and can't find that crowd that's always blaming Allen. Anyone who watched yesterday knows his recievers didn't help him at all. He makes mistakes, and throws some bad interceptions at times, but overall, ive seen very little people thinking this team is bad because of Allen 

C.biscuit

zip code

in this thread alone. Could find more

• Haha (+1) 2

Sign in to follow this