Dual Ownership

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

My understanding that an owner could own franchises in two different sports if it was in the same city.  That has been permissible for a while.

Yes that is correct...OP is making up his own rules and being belligerent about people breaking fantasy rules he has made up. SMFH

Edited by matter2003

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I was under the impression that you couldn't own other sports teams IN OTHER MARKETS, but that it was permissable to own multiple teams in the same city/market. I could be way off base here.

If that’s the case the Patriots really are cheaters.  They aren’t in our market and yet they have owned us for years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

...great article explaining the evolution of the rule..............

NFL Cross-Ownership Rule

By Martin J. Greenberg and Charles Biggs

While cross-ownership of professional sports teams can be very profitable for the wealthy owner, it has caused issues in the past among fellow owners and even the league, particularly in the National Football League (NFL). The NFL has been known for having what are possibly the strictest rules pertaining to cross-ownership among the major sports leagues in America. This has gotten the NFL into legal difficulties in the past, and as a result, its rules banning cross-ownership of teams in other leagues have evolved over the years due to court rulings and changing market conditions.[1] “Reactive, not proactive, describes the NFL’s approach to its members’ interest in owning teams in other leagues.”[2]